World War 3

Crezth

第六天魔王
Good morning, Off Topic. So let’s cut to the chase: World War 3. Who are the sides, what are the conflicts, what sets this whole thing off, and of course, who’s gonna win? Who’s gonna lose? I got the “world war” fever and I hope you got it too.

So it’s looking like in the Allied corner we have the U.S., Ukraine, and Israel and in the Axis corner, Russia, Iran, Palestine, Syria, Jordan, and China. Who else is likely to get in on this? Will Türkiye pick a side? Will the European nations commit boots to ground? Will the mighty Panzers bellow and growl as they trundle eastwards once more?

And what of Africa? Shall the forces of Niger’s coup join with the Axis as well? What of ECOWAS, the rest of the African Union, or the Arab League?

And finally, is there a secret ending to all of this perhaps? Is the Fourth or maybe Fifth Comintern waiting around the corner, promising to shine forth once more? Will China backstab Russia and institute secret communism? Will India rise up and lead the Non-Aligned Movement in a revolt against the north? Will ASEAN strike down the Chinese ships with their submarines? Will Japan remobilize? Will Korea reunite, brains and brawn, and conquer all?

And Venezuela. We mustn’t forget Venezuela. They and Cuba could easily “sneak” into the U.S. from below, possibly with Mexico’s help. They are saying they need to fortify the Mexico border even harder, a long standing Democrat policy that the even the GOP agree is wise (and bipartisanship is so important).

And finally, nukes. We will get answers to some big questions, like “are nukes really all that bad?” Maybe some new startups can solve the Nuke problem. And make a little cash on the side.

Come on, let’s hear your takes.

Last edited:
Humans are the losers. Insects, grass, and bacteria are the winners. The current stock of non-nuclear weapons is enough to alter the ecosystem and kill enough human beings to the point that civilisation cannot be sustained. Some humans will survive but they will not be civilised.

Alt history can be fun. I would bet the first launcher of any nukes will not be a major power (US, Russia, China, GB, France, Germany etc.) but rather a wannabe power or a revolutionary/terrorist group in the third world. The target will be whomever they are "at war" (in any sense) with. It will be a low yield bomb/device.

.. a wannabe power or a revolutionary/terrorist group in the third world...

But if the fissionable material is supplied by a state that knows full well that that revolutionary/terrorist group will use
it to attack one of the state's enemies is that not also a matter of the supplier state operating via auxiliaries ?

But if the fissionable material is supplied by a state that knows full well that that revolutionary/terrorist group will use
it to attack one of the state's enemies is that not also a matter of the supplier state operating via auxiliaries ?
Perhaps. Once such capability is moved, control by the donor party can easily be lost.

The sides: USA, China.

Conflict zones: South China Sea, East China Sea - currently the widest arteries for shipping cargo on the planet.

It kicks off with a deadly incident in the vicinity of Paracel islands, involving US, Chinese militaries and a rogue Russian UAP.

Countries in the region quickly join either US or Chinese coalition. China integrates Russia into the effort, for resources. Arab world divides in those who sell oil to the Americans and those who sell it to the Chinese.

Japan, S Korea, Taiwan, EU, Indonesia, Australia on USA side.
Russia, Iran, N Korea, Vietnam on China's side.

More than 60% of global maritime trade passes through South China Sea alone.

It's hard to predict what's going to happen if this artery stops even for a few months.

So, yeah, this is where I'd kick off World Cup 3, the definitive edition.

I just keep hoping it's never going to happen. WWIII was part of the Grade 12 social studies curriculum and even part of the Grade 12 English curriculum. That year was horribly depressing to the point where I had nightmares from some of the books I had to read.

Even when playing Civ, I develop the tech for nukes in order to get the Manhattan Project wonder. And then I never use it. As long as the AI factions don't get it, the world(s) is/are safe (Test of Time is played on a 4-level map).

It's nice that WW3 is becoming all the more close to materializing, due to massive recklessness by the main powers.
One has to assume (hope) that the majority of their citizens aren't that dumb to think they will come out of such a war as winners, when a good percentage of them will die.

....(Test of Time is played on a 4-level map).

Nukes (known as fireballs), can be used on all four maps.

It's nice that WW3 is becoming all the more close to materializing, due to massive recklessness by the main powers.
One has to assume (hope) that the majority of their citizens aren't that dumb to think they will come out of such a war as winners, when a good percentage of them will die.

Quite. And it hardly encourages me to cut back on the sugar and fats in chocolate.

There was a time when few nations had nuclear capacity and they were, for the most part, responsible. The likelihood of nuclear war has increased because of the proliferation of weapons. Some nations did it on their one. Most though got the tech from countries buying influence with other nations looking for status as a threatening power.

Nukes (known as fireballs), can be used on all four maps.

Hence my use of the word "worlds" and the explanation that ToT uses a 4-level map with multiple worlds.

Both Lalande and Midgard have their version of nukes, and both have their version of the environmental catastrophe that can result from using them and not being able to clean up the pollution fast enough. And once you kill the Great Dragon, you should save your game every single turn in case the interpretation of the scrolls leads to environmental devastation. If you're the Buteo faction, build your most important cities on Magic Clouds, as they will remain intact. Cities built on white and storm clouds will vanish.

Oh, and teleport some Dwarf units to the Underwater realm. They're really good at cleaning up pollution and terraforming.

Ronald Reagan once carried on about "a limited nuclear war over Europe" as though it was no big deal and who cares what the Europeans might think about that.

Some jerk on the first forum I ever joined went on one day about how Canada should be nuked because he was convinced that we let the 9/11 terrorists into the U.S. I pointed out to him that we aren't responsible for who the U.S. border agents allow into their country, and in any case they did NOT enter via Canada anyway.

He also didn't seem to realize that if the U.S. gets the smoke from our wildfires, that they would also get the fallout and other poisons from us, thanks to the wind and water that don't give a crap about international boundaries.

it is Turkey in English and considering we will be harsh , it is basically not a concern of CFC members . Do not let yourself conditioned by war propaganda guys , even they know nothing .

In a sudden and obvious-in-hindsight twist, Germany invades France for a third time.

00614-1657829346.jpg

Wouldn't it be funny if WW III started and none of the nukes worked anymore?
Otherwise I see no fun in doing an end-of-civilization game scenario.

won't be painted like this and despite Phantoms carry the best examples , there will be no sharkteeth on . You know , off-topic and all . And actually stopped it in 1973 when such things were quite simpler and 20th century . Not even in service in my country , too .

22-10-2023.jpg

Wouldn't it be funny if WW III started and none of the nukes worked anymore?
Otherwise I see no fun in doing an end-of-civilization game scenario.
Oh please, civilization and humanity will straggle onwards for a long time yet even if there's a nuclear exchange.

Top Bottom