[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

First ever CTD in several months of playing ROM. Playing latest version with Revolution add-on as Elizabeth on World Map. Got the CTD trying to discover Flintlock (the tech for Liz' UU). Minor note: also wasn't allowed to build Isaac Newton (did get Adam Smith tho - = )). Yes I had the prereqs and checked each city.

Im having the same problem as several others have posted regarding 2.12: No interface. I installed the add-on exactly as the instructions stated.

*edit* and yes, i deleted the python folder before installing Rev.

I was just looking around and found the update. If what i read in the changelog really means that the trade is at last fixed, i think i'm about to enjoy a nice game :D
Would like to get some reports how AI players now handle those resources that they previously thought to be worthless.

I have a bit of an issue, I have had several games since updating where I get hard crashes with the 2.11 mod, the revolution mod, the many civs expansion and blue marble. Previously I was running an older version of rise and no revolution mod. I had the no-interface problem but replacing the python file fixed it.

Attached is one such game that hard crashes when I end the turn, during the AIs turn.

Also I am a little confused, the patch on the first page says 2.11 but the full download is 2.12?

Thanks for the help, amazing mod!
There was small fix to 2.11. v2.12 fixes one python exception that was left to v2.11. The fixed file can be download from here. So you don't need to download full v2.12.

im still no further forward gettin this goin. the problem im havin appears to be with ROM, i cant even get the interface to appear with ROM on its own, never mind the revolution addon!

are the instructions on page 1 of this thread correct and up to date?

ive redownloaded the ROM main mod from page one, extracted it to the bts mods folder. but when i start a new game there isnt any interface/buttons on the screen, only the map. and the same goes for advanced starts, except its worse, there isnt even a map.

are there any other files i need which ARENT explained in the instructions on page one cos somethin is defo wrong here
The instructions on page 1 are still up to date as there has been no changes to them since the initial release.

Have you set your BtS to English language? I think missing UI problem appears if you try to run the mod on any other language settings than english.

If you got time, please post log files to version 2.x bug reports -thread. Instructions how to get the log files are mentioned in 1st post of that thread. With logs we might be able to track down what's causing the missing UI problem for you.

First ever CTD in several months of playing ROM. Playing latest version with Revolution add-on as Elizabeth on World Map. Got the CTD trying to discover Flintlock (the tech for Liz' UU). Minor note: also wasn't allowed to build Isaac Newton (did get Adam Smith tho - = )). Yes I had the prereqs and checked each city.
Version 2.1 changed how Isaac Newton wonder is handled, you're not allowed to build it to same city as Leonardo's Workshop and Copernicus' Observatory. This was done to prevent human players "exploit" the science bonus as AI players don't really know how to do the same with those wonders.

Im having the same problem as several others have posted regarding 2.12: No interface. I installed the add-on exactly as the instructions stated.

*edit* and yes, i deleted the python folder before installing Rev.
Did you have interface in normal v2.12? Just trying to narrow down the problem location.

kalimakhus

u mean the files at the bottom of this link? yes ive both both files on their own and together, still doesnt work.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6771455&postcount=5

zappara

im usin no language other then english. as ive said all ive done is extracted ROM 2.12 to the mods folder so i dont get why im havin this problem. it sounds like there somethin im not doin, was there another patch released after 2.12 was released?

do u think this problem is linked to advanced starts not working? if someone else who has ROM working can post exactly what they done that would be great.

@tonedog

No I don't mean these files. You don't need the first unless you have the ExtraCiv pack and you don't need the second if you already downloaded RoM2.12 and installed it.

What I meant is:
- After extracting RoM 2.12 to mods folder you will find inside Rise of Mankind folder a zip file named "RoM 2.0 CvPath.zip".
- This archive has one file in it called CvPath.py.
- Copy CvPath.py from the archive to "Rise of Mankind\assets\python\INIParser" and overwrite the one there.
----------------------------------
Now in case you already installed RevolutionDCM Add-On or if you install it after trying what I mentioned earlier, the only difference is that you will put the file in "Rise of Mankind\assets\python" to overwrite the one there.

Would like to get some reports how AI players now handle those resources that they previously thought to be worthless.

No problem, i'll tell you what's going on. But don't expect a report too soon, I don't have much time to play right now ;)

Version 2.1 changed how Isaac Newton wonder is handled, you're not allowed to build it to same city as Leonardo's Workshop and Copernicus' Observatory. This was done to prevent human players "exploit" the science bonus as AI players don't really know how to do the same with those wonders.

Did you have interface in normal v2.12? Just trying to narrow down the problem location.

Thanks for the info on Newton's, although I remember reading that somewhere already - the pedia? Anyway, had built no wonders at all up to that point, especially in hammer-poor London. Popped a great engineer, and went for Physics, but no dice.

Crash followed not long after. Interface was fine.

There was small fix to 2.11. v2.12 fixes one python exception that was left to v2.11. The fixed file can be download from here. So you don't need to download full v2.12.
Ah ok, I upped to 2.12 but I still have the same problem, usually still in the BCs I get the same repeatable CTD during the AIs turn in every game I start. let me know if you need more info than the save game file.

@tonedog

No I don't mean these files. You don't need the first unless you have the ExtraCiv pack and you don't need the second if you already downloaded RoM2.12 and installed it.

What I meant is:
- After extracting RoM 2.12 to mods folder you will find inside Rise of Mankind folder a zip file named "RoM 2.0 CvPath.zip".
- This archive has one file in it called CvPath.py.
- Copy CvPath.py from the archive to "Rise of Mankind\assets\python\INIParser" and overwrite the one there.
----------------------------------
Now in case you already installed RevolutionDCM Add-On or if you install it after trying what I mentioned earlier, the only difference is that you will put the file in "Rise of Mankind\assets\python" to overwrite the one there.

I solved my problem by putting this cvpath.py in the /python directory.

Hi Zappara,

In your initial post, you wrote that you made the mod to get a more realistic Civ-Feeling. Now in my opinion there is one major unrealistic concept in Vanilla-BTS. The "Open Borders" agreement.

I can't think of any single civilization in any era of mankind that has ever allowed foreign military units to wander through their lands as they wish. Especially not when their relation towards each other is not extraordinary good. Even countrys that have military alliances cannot freely drive their tanks through the country of the ally. However in Civ4 the OpenBorders agreement is one of the first agreements you can have with another civ and is possible even when the relations are not very good.

The idea behind "Open Borders" (in my opinion) should be to allow a basic form of trade between the countrys - not a invitation to military units.
Allowing military units to cross your borders should only be allowed to real allies.

Now I don't know if you agree and how difficult this would be to implement - but at least for me it would mak much more sense that "Open Borders" does not allow military units to cross the borders. However it could allow trade units or missionarys, basically all non-military units to cross.

Even if you dont consider putting this into Rom, could you give my a clue where to start from to implement thise feature myself? I do have good programming and modding experience (not yet with Civ4 however)...

Thanx a lot
Codex

Alphacodex, that issue is so obvious that it hurts - I wonder why it isn't part of the game itself. Good thinking!

OK, I'm a bit confused. Let's just say that I have not downloaded or tried any part of Rise of Mankind 2 yet. If I want to have everything available to install and play the latest version of Rise of Mankind 2, what is the install process for all of the components? I am interest in the extra civ stuff and the revolution addition and well......everything available to make my single-player Rise of Mankind experience as "uber" as possible. Sorry for asking, but it seems to have gotten a bit confusing as to what files I need exactly. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

- manooly

OK, I'm a bit confused. Let's just say that I have not downloaded or tried any part of Rise of Mankind 2 yet. If I want to have everything available to install and play the latest version of Rise of Mankind 2, what is the install process for all of the components? I am interest in the extra civ stuff and the revolution addition and well......everything available to make my single-player Rise of Mankind experience as "uber" as possible. Sorry for asking, but it seems to have gotten a bit confusing as to what files I need exactly.

You said it! I was happily playing a game of 2.11 and recently I've been having some missing icons, crashes, so was advised to redownload and reinstall. But 2.11 seems to have been superceded, and I really don't want my game to disappear because I can't find the files :( But, I'm trying to reinstall with what files I have alread and crossing my fingers.

Here's the install order from the first page, but I think it might need some updating. At the least it refers to outdated versions of the patches and add-ons, so I'm not sure whether I can patch everything with 2.12, or whether I need to reinstall, then patch to 2.12, THEN find the latest RevDCM and extra Civs and hope they both work with 2.12....

1. Rise of Mankind 2.0
2. Rise of Mankind Patch 2.01
3. Revolution & DCM for Rise of Mankind 2.01
4. Extra Civ addon pack
5. RoMExtraCivRevolution Patch for v2.01 (from rar file inside Revolution & DCM addon)

Anyway, good luck!

You could also get

1: The full Rise of mankind v2.12 download
2: The Revolution DCM addon for this version

The extra civs pack is not yet compatible v2.12, unless I'm misinformed.

OK, are those two files ALL you need to install? As in

1. Install 2.12 RoM
2. Delete Python folder
3. Install RevolutionDCM

is the whole process? I have reinstalled these things 4 times now and I always get errors when starting a game. And I have redownloaded the files again as well.

Please, please PLEASE can someone update the list of instructions? I have wasted 4 hours trying to play when I should be playing. It's most annoying.

Zappara

I have a 32 bit system and all I wanna say is: every 6 turns or so I have a CTD. I don't think the problem is the mod. The problem is that a company released a product and didn't correct its flaws. It's disrespect, it's dishonesty. SHAME ON YOU, FIRAXIS!!!

Top Bottom