[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Zappara, do you know off-hand if the multi-player fix you had for 2.2 will work in 2.3? My brother and I want to start a new Hot Seat game with this new version tonight.
The fix is included inside the zip file. Look into "Rise of Mankind" folder, there should be multiplayerfix.zip file. Install it the same way as for v2.2.

it's great to see a new version out, zappara. I'm deep into FFH2 these days, but yours is by far the best mod for non-fantasy-BTS ( :D ) awesome job :goodjob:

you can build a secret army base with a warlord, so far so good right since that was implemented in 2.3 only i could build it in 1850 BC :)

although it says biological warfare as a req i can still build it.

I thought I might replace the temples with the new ones from this mod, but I can't find them in your mod. I unpacked the two fpk files and searched the entire mod directory for "Hellenic", and nothing showed up. There are no errors loading the mod, so the folders must be there somewhere, but damned if I can find them. What obvious, simple thing am I stupidly overlooking?

Kudos on the new version. Very nice. I also resisted temptation to build the secret army base .
It's good that Kalimarkus' add-on is in there now.

I turn off Rev, but leave on Barbarian mod and start as minor civs. It makes for a good game.

BTW how do I activate super spies ? It's off but I can't see it in any config file.

Kudos on the new version. Very nice. I also resisted temptation to build the secret army base .
It's good that Kalimarkus' add-on is in there now.

I turn off Rev, but leave on Barbarian mod and start as minor civs. It makes for a good game.

BTW how do I activate super spies ? It's off but I can't see it in any config file.

Yes in the game i started i have the same settings, some civs pop up from barbs and because of the minor civs some get destroyed, mostly the civs that were in at game start.

Yow! This mod is looking better all the time! Very slick now, it is.

Ditto for things like Archer Bombard. Were these removed from the game due to possibly being involved in CTDs, or are we waiting for an update by Dale to his mod?

I can't seem to get the extra 50 civ pack working... I can load up RoM 2.13 just fine, but when I install the civ pack it won't boot up...

What is up with this! I click download (on File Front for RoM 2.3) and it continous to say that their is not enough servers!!:mad::mad::mad:

What is up with this! I click download (on File Front for RoM 2.3) and it continous to say that their is not enough servers!!:mad::mad::mad:
Well, what does it sound like then? Patience, my friend.

Thanks Zappara for the update (and the mod),

I have a question though, why did you change the effect of "The Pyramids"?
It used to give all gov civics now it just gives a free granary per city? :(
However "Majority Rule" comes very fast in the game so I have a way to waste my richness away. :p

Just a small hiccup I've come across, the war galley looks like a caravel in the icon you see from the city build list, once built it's fine, although it could be due to the fact I am playing Tibet and they seem to have a unique unit for that.
I like the new resources, not sure what they'll do yet. :)

Other than that so far so good.

Finally got it, and its a lot of fun. And one day in the future I hope someone can intergrate Rise of Mankind with RFC:)

Seems I can't use the LandMasses map script with this version, it yields a bonus adding error.

you can build a secret army base with a warlord, so far so good right since that was implemented in 2.3 only i could build it in 1850 BC :)

although it says biological warfare as a req i can still build it.
whups.. I'll have to fix that one. At least you can't use the planes until you get the right techs ;)

I thought I might replace the temples with the new ones from this mod, but I can't find them in your mod. I unpacked the two fpk files and searched the entire mod directory for "Hellenic", and nothing showed up. There are no errors loading the mod, so the folders must be there somewhere, but damned if I can find them. What obvious, simple thing am I stupidly overlooking?
Those temples are from Warlords I think.. or from some BtS default scenarios/mods so look their folders.

Ditto for things like Archer Bombard. Were these removed from the game due to possibly being involved in CTDs, or are we waiting for an update by Dale to his mod?
I haven't enabled Archer Bombard for a simple reason: I don't like to give them the ability to bombard units in other square because size of plots if compared to real world would be hundreds of miles/kms - in my opinion it would be just too overpowering ability with ancient techs. Archers have first strike abilities and that should "mimic" the ability to fire arrow volleys at your enemies and if enemy survives it, for example axemans, the'll kill archers at close combat fight.

In case of Super spies, I didn't find (yet) where or how to enable them - RevDC+BUG combination takes bit time from me to learn where each component is and how it works.

My BUG options arn't being saved and I'd really like to change the clock stuff. Is this a bug with the new release or something?
Seems it's small glitch somewhere - I don't know how BUG saves its options, so I'll have to look into that.

I have a question though, why did you change the effect of "The Pyramids"? It used to give all gov civics now it just gives a free granary per city? :( However "Majority Rule" comes very fast in the game so I have a way to waste my richness away. :p

Just a small hiccup I've come across, the war galley looks like a caravel in the icon you see from the city build list, once built it's fine, although it could be due to the fact I am playing Tibet and they seem to have a unique unit for that.
I like the new resources, not sure what they'll do yet. :)

Other than that so far so good.
Pyramids gave access to civic options that are too powerful at ancient ages so it had to be changed.

Some units, like war galley, still haven't got unique buttons. I'll gradually try to fix them all.

Seems I can't use the LandMasses map script with this version, it yields a bonus adding error.
Probably caused by all the resource changes I've made to RoM. I'm making maps for my own games with Smartmap script (I just love it :D).

I started downloading ROM2, and i am trying to clarify if Extra Civ Addon pack(Download Extra Civ addon pack v1.1) is compatible with the new version ? since some people here posted its not, I was planning to download it as well.

And i checked the changelog i didn't see any Better AI 0.37 =( unless im wrong xD

If i am right is there a chance u could put a guide on how to add bettera i in rom 2?

I started downloading ROM2, and i am trying to clarify if Extra Civ Addon pack(Download Extra Civ addon pack v1.1) is compatible with the new version ? since some people here posted its not, I was planning to download it as well.

And i checked the changelog i didn't see any Better AI 0.37 =( unless im wrong xD
I haven't tested Extra civ addon pack yet with RoM 2.3 so I don't know if it works or not. I'll try to check it and make patch for it if needed but that might take weeks or month (not high on my priority list).

Better AI is included but its version is the one that was included in RevolutionDCM v0.94 and not the latest. At the time of merging RevDCM to RoM v2.3 it was the latest version available but seems there's now newer version of RevDCM which will be merged to RoM 2.4 (or what RevDCM version I can get my hands on during the patch making). It's quite common that merged mods are few versions older than the current one.

Zappara, I traced the error back. It was a problem with my computer. I fixed it, retried it and it works like a charm.

Top Bottom