[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

I haven't tested Extra civ addon pack yet with RoM 2.3 so I don't know if it works or not. I'll try to check it and make patch for it if needed but that might take weeks or month (not high on my priority list).

Better AI is included but its version is the one that was included in RevolutionDCM v0.94 and not the latest. At the time of merging RevDCM to RoM v2.3 it was the latest version available but seems there's now newer version of RevDCM which will be merged to RoM 2.4 (or what RevDCM version I can get my hands on during the patch making). It's quite common that merged mods are few versions older than the current one.

Thanks for the reply :D

I Just started playing, i notice Masonry Icon uses the Cross Icon?(Amun-ra) or something instead of the old intended icon =o & some other technologies as well use seemingly weird icons o.o

My BUG options arn't being saved and I'd really like to change the clock stuff. Is this a bug with the new release or something?
This is usually caused by renaming the mod folder. You need to make sure that CvModName.py in ..\Assets\Python contains the correct folder name for the mod, as this is where BUG looks for the location of it's option file.

I found a small error(though it might just be on my end). When I load a game, I get the two messages, one that says the XML information for the Tannery is incorrect, and another saying the XML for Adventurer(not even sure what that is, it's not a unit or building) is incorrect. I'm using the NAM add-on if that makes any difference. Aside from the errors though, I haven't actually encountered any in-game problems...

EDIT: I just found that, for some bizarre reason, I cannot build Granaries. Not sure why, it might be related to the XML thing but I don't know for sure. It's odd, since I can view them in the civilopedia and everything, and I met all the prerequisites, but it won't let me build them.

I haven't enabled Archer Bombard for a simple reason: I don't like to give them the ability to bombard units in other square because size of plots if compared to real world would be hundreds of miles/kms - in my opinion it would be just too overpowering ability with ancient techs. Archers have first strike abilities and that should "mimic" the ability to fire arrow volleys at your enemies and if enemy survives it, for example axemans, the'll kill archers at close combat fight.

Fair enough zapp. It'll stop me from saving Archers and Longbows for the later game in order to remove just a little bit more from the defenders before attacking proper. :)

Pyramids gave access to civic options that are too powerful at ancient ages so it had to be changed.

Fair point there too, but I think the Pyramids are pretty much useless now. I know this was the effect in previous Civs, but with this wonder going so early, and so many much more powerful wonders to try for, it's something I'll try for even less now.

Speaking of which, why no update to Slavery? It just hasn't been worth it with so many negative aspects just to have the option to whip a little. That stage of the game, unless there's no neighbours, the Culture is just too important.

Speaking of which, why no update to Slavery? It just hasn't been worth it with so many negative aspects just to have the option to whip a little. That stage of the game, unless there's no neighbours, the Culture is just too important.
I agree totally. Slavery was very common and accepted for quite a while. The current settings in RoM reflect our current moral judgement and understanding, not how it actually worked at the time. Slavery should be viable until you get "modern" civics (or perhaps better, techs) - that is from 1700 or so, then become unusable/unprofitable. If that can be implemented.

Is it possible to introduce a malus to a once chosen civic upon researching a certain technology. Like that when you research Constitution, Slavery suddenly results in -3 happy, i.e.?

2.3!!! Thanks man, this is great, I'm real excited to check this out,thanks for the hard work, this mod is has keep me up late many nights, very in depth. Great work!

I agree totally. Slavery was very common and accepted for quite a while. The current settings in RoM reflect our current moral judgement and understanding, not how it actually worked at the time. Slavery should be viable until you get "modern" civics (or perhaps better, techs) - that is from 1700 or so, then become unusable/unprofitable. If that can be implemented.

I agree too. After whip three times, my city starts to revolt, finally leading to a game over

Frequently Asked Questions

3. I can't build more Wonders in my city! What's going on?

Maximum number of Great Wonders you can build in one city is set to 6 in this mod. This was added to the mod to make Wonders spread out more. You will have to be bit more careful when building Wonders. Holy cities can have 7 wonders: Holy Shrine + 6 regular Great Wonders.

OK I understand that you want to spread wonders around but some people (well maybe just me) like to have a single focus for their civilization. 6 Wonders is more than a little chaffing to me, I was wondering if you could do one of two things.

1. Make the limit an option under the custom game (possible even making it so you could choose how many wonders you wanted max)

2. Make it so that the limit is still in place but it only counts 'Active' Wonders. This would help keep the feel you want it to have I believe, but would also make it so that some wonders (those that go obesolite after a while) aren't avoided/pushed to lesser cities. Great Lighthouse, Great Library, ect....

Don't know if this has been suggested before or if you are into the idea but this is the only thing that drags me down about this Mod.

I do realize that I could go and edit the XML file for this (whereever it is) but I think that it something important to be put straight into the MoD

Thank for listening and for the Mod

Ok I can understand how the Pyramids are a bit over powered at the very beginning but I still think this is an important Wonder. what I would like to see is a return to old times where Pyramids act as a Granny for all of your cities. This actually made a bit of sense to me. Use that Giant space to store food.

Ok I can understand how the Pyramids are a bit over powered at the very beginning but I still think this is an important Wonder. what I would like to see is a return to old times where Pyramids act as a Granny for all of your cities. This actually made a bit of sense to me. Use that Giant space to store food.

Thats too powerfull imo , they were more of a status symbol for the pharoes, imo, like a modern day trump tower with religious use and considering alot of slaves died building them not sure on the happy part either. Seems like they should boost culture quite a bit though, maybe give a great artist for the city that builds them?

Little question from a computer illiterate who really wants to play this thing... Would any of you know if this works with Solver's Unofficial Patch? And if not, how I'd get rid of the patch? I just unzipped Solver's patch and it automatically patched, so I didn't put anything into my Custom Assets folder like I did with Bruhics. Big mistake?

OK I understand that you want to spread wonders around but some people (well maybe just me) like to have a single focus for their civilization. 6 Wonders is more than a little chaffing to me, I was wondering if you could do one of two things.

Wow - actually, 6 Great Wonders is quite a relaxation on the limit of 4 from previous versions (this was a restriction that was frustrating at times, but I ended up agreeing with it as it really forces you to focus on the role of Wonder cities). Am looking forward to revising the list of Wonders for my troop city/super science city/shrine city etc. Even if it just means I can fit one more Corp HQ into the city with a shrine or two, Wall Street, Central Bank, Silk Road, ToA, and (maybe eventually, one day if I manage to reach that point) Global Stock Exchange.

I have been playing this mod for around 5 hours now and am into the industrial age. its a custom game with 20 civs on a 34 player map. So far every mod i have played that trys to add units gives me a failure to allocate memory crash ever since i got BTS. I turned off the things that tells you in the game but now I got a C++ related failure to allocate memory. I have a dual core with 2 gigs of ram and i turned my virtual memory up to have an additional 2 gigs of ram. how do i get this mod to let me play without crashing?

Reduce the amount of civ's in the world builder. I have 4 gigs of memory and dual-core but this happens to me too with this amount of civs.

i was thinking of getting another 2 gigs. if i do will i be able to play the max 32 civs you think?

No, I'm afraid not. Not sure what other people's experiences are though. You might want to "shop around" for advise before buying that 2 GB.

You would think after 2 expansion packs that firaxis would fix that damn bug. oh well. one more question. At some point in the game i was controlling a unit with garrison I + II and fortified it. for some reason i see little garrison I + II icons locked into the left of my monitor and its bugging the . .. .. .. . out of me. how do i get rid of them?

Top Bottom