[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Now I'm no authority on RoM or modding of any kind but I think you need to give Zap more info, on if it's something he might be able to do something about. Like what size map, how many civs, and what kind of PC your running it on.

You're right. Here are some more details:

map: Gigantic (largest one), 25 civs (but with barbs getting their acts together they have now increased to 35 or so).

computer: 64Bit Vista
Intel core 2, Quad CPU q9400 @2.66Ghz
4GB RAM
Dual nvidia 9800GT

i.e. the same as Everlast's - but half their memory. I would have thought that 4Gb should be enough for a large game - or maybe I am wrong. Could you please let me know? Is it possible that the log files (that I understand are being read and updated in every new turn), could be kept smaller in size - without affecting the content of the game.

This is not meant as a criticism to the mod - a question is all it is.

EDIT: also, the game slows down around middleages - though I don't think that this really matters. I think it's simply log files that are getting too large as civs expand.

if you fortunately own 64bit, I don't see why you have decided to limit your PC to 4GB.
generally speaking you need o have 8GB if you want to play like the way you are playing.

if you find the game is too slow or get MAF, but still want to play the way you are, you have to tweak civ settings a little, like this one http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=224178.

This is a terrific mod and always play it. I want to play with the expanded civs but I've tried a couple of times and the game just crashes. Vanilla ROM runs fine, but not with the extra civs. I tried a while ago and after I formatted my HD on a clean install. It starts to load then goes to desktop with that "Civ4BeyondSword.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close..."
Great mod anyway! :goodjob:

May or may not be a bug but when you have a rebellion as a minor civilization (which happens a lot when you play on marathon with the start as a minor civ option checked) the rebel civilization only lasts one turn (literally it attacks you then vanishes start of next turn). My assumption is this has something to do with you being a minor civ but def broke. Once you become a normal civ (with writing) rebellions work fine.

Also was playing a game today and had a city that no matter what I did I couldn't raze on capture .. thoughts? (I ended up going into worldbuilder and killing it after capture but was annoying as I don't like using worldbuilder)

@dcmort93: Negative. I double checked just to make sure. Also I can raise every other city I came across, just not this ONE particular one.

Also was playing a game today and had a city that no matter what I did I couldn't raze on capture .. thoughts? (I ended up going into worldbuilder and killing it after capture but was annoying as I don't like using worldbuilder)

you probably have the no city razing option turned on if playing a custom game

Me and my friend are using Rise of Mankind 2.71 and play on direct ip. We get constant Out of sync. But when we play vanilla it is no problem. On earlier versions of Rise of mankind we didnt have any issues... Why is this? I am on Windows 7 and he is Vista? Can this be the problem but vanilla works keep that in mind??? Anyone got any ideas?

Me and my friend are using Rise of Mankind 2.71 and play on direct ip. We get constant Out of sync. But when we play vanilla it is no problem. On earlier versions of Rise of mankind we didnt have any issues... Why is this? I am on Windows 7 and he is Vista? Can this be the problem but vanilla works keep that in mind??? Anyone got any ideas?

Revolution mod and sometimes Barbarian Civ can cause OOS. They weren't made for multiplayer.

Revolution mod and sometimes Barbarian Civ can cause OOS. They weren't made for multiplayer.

It was Simultainous turns that did it and not those mods. Took of that and it works like a charm. Weird really since previous versions did work. However my friend doenst have a great computer so maybe these newer versions got harder requirements.

Thanks for the heads up.

OMG! That's a pity.

I have a problem with ROM 2.71. I started new single game...Huge map, 6 enemy. playing....playing and once clicked next turn I backed to the desktop.. No error message nothing.

I use XP prof with SP3 32bit....

Idea? Thx

OMG! That's a pity.

I have a problem with ROM 2.71. I started new single game...Huge map, 6 enemy. playing....playing and once clicked next turn I backed to the desktop.. No error message nothing.

I use XP prof with SP3 32bit....

Idea? Thx

um... we can't tell anything untill you let us know your PC hardware environment.
also please check graphics drivers are up to date.

Can someone show me where to get the SDK for 2.71? I looked for it but couldn't find it.

Also the SDK for jooyo's addon modules.

Can someone show me where to get the SDK for 2.71? I looked for it but couldn't find it.

Also the SDK for jooyo's addon modules.

RoM Uses RevoludtionDCM 2.5 SDK, Jooyo has his sources at the top of his second post.

Dear yuizaki,

So my computer specification is:

Asus P5QL PRO motherboard | Core 2 Duo E8400 3Ghz | Kingmax 4*1 GB DDR2 1066Mhz |Asus EN7950GT 512MB | Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value 64bit | 2*250GB Samsung Sata2 HDD

I'm using 181.22 driver for VGA!

What kind of system requirements are there to run the Giant Earth Map full of cities? I'm trying to recreate the medieval times but after I place all of the cities in the world builder and continue to play the game just sits there and stops responding. I can't get past the first turn.

Top Bottom