[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

How would i go about telling Civ 4 to load Rise of Mankind as the stock game ?

EDIT: Does this mod work with BlueMarble ?

Look in your CivilizationIV.ini file and find this line and edit it to look like this:

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = Rise of Mankind

If Blue Marble is a part of your Rise of Mankind installation, it will load with the mod. If it is separate, I really don't know. :) This is from my ini file and Rise of Mankind is found in the Mods folder in my Beyond the Sword installation. The ini file is found in

"C:\Documents and Settings\myname\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword"

Have fun!

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = Rise of Mankind
A more advanced and more convenient method to load RoM directly is to copy the BtS shortcut, go into properties for the shortcut and add this to the target after ...\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe":
mod=\Rise of Mankind
There needs to be a space between them.

I maintain separate Civ 4 icons for BTS, RoM, Stone Age and so on :p

Here is my - rather primitive - icon for the RoM shortcut. Feel free to grab a copy.

Attachments

• Earth Rising.zip
    9 KB · Views: 111
Hi. I am playing RoM 2.8 with Aforess's ModMod (.38) on it (and nothing else). I have encountered a couple of oddities (which seem like bugs to me) and I am reporting them here in case u are unaware of them.

1) after a point, I start special people a bit too often: in particular, in every turn I will get at least one great prophet/artist/merchant or most often all of them (4 or 5 in every turn). Same happens for computer-controled civs.

2) Just when I convinced myself I could live with this, my score dropped (with nothing really happening) from 800 points to -15647854235445 (yes, it is not a typo - dead civs now score higher than me). As a result, of course, all civs that I had capitulated started revolting, causing a lot of mess in the overall flow of the game.

Has anyone else encountered somthing like this? And if so, is it an issue with one of Afforess's components (and, which one? so that I can deactivate it)?

(I posted this before but nobody answered...) In the previous version it was possible to select all land units on the same tile by pressing the ALT key and clicking on a unit, even if there were sea units or air units in the same tile. Now I notice that this does not work any more in version 2.8 (only air units are selected). Is there a way to get the old "selection behaviour" back?

Hi. I am playing RoM 2.8 with Aforess's ModMod (.38) on it (and nothing else). I have encountered a couple of oddities (which seem like bugs to me) and I am reporting them here in case u are unaware of them.

1) after a point, I start special people a bit too often: in particular, in every turn I will get at least one great prophet/artist/merchant or most often all of them (4 or 5 in every turn). Same happens for computer-controled civs.

2) Just when I convinced myself I could live with this, my score dropped (with nothing really happening) from 800 points to -15647854235445 (yes, it is not a typo - dead civs now score higher than me). As a result, of course, all civs that I had capitulated started revolting, causing a lot of mess in the overall flow of the game.

Has anyone else encountered somthing like this? And if so, is it an issue with one of Afforess's components (and, which one? so that I can deactivate it)?

This sounds like an integer overflow, I would bet that it is related to the problem you had with too many GP.

Thanks Afforess - I thought that these two might be related. Any ideas what may be the underlying cause of the problem (and how I could deal with it)?

Thanks Afforess - I thought that these two might be related. Any ideas what may be the underlying cause of the problem (and how I could deal with it)?

Well, something had to happen for you to start getting all those GP. Do you still have an old save, or can you remember if you did anything strange or out of the ordinary right before you started getting all those GP?

(I posted this before but nobody answered...) In the previous version it was possible to select all land units on the same tile by pressing the ALT key and clicking on a unit, even if there were sea units or air units in the same tile. Now I notice that this does not work any more in version 2.8 (only air units are selected). Is there a way to get the old "selection behaviour" back?

Yea, I have seen this. There is something strange happening with certain unit types and the alt-click. As far as I can see what is happening is that you see the main defender as the top of the stack but when you alt-click on the stack it is clicking on one of the other units in the stack, usually an air unit but I have had this happen with other special units. The only way I have gotten around it is to ungroup the whole stack and click on a particular unit in the stack list. I suppose that this may be a use for those plot icons which I disable because I find no use for them.

RoM 2.8 MEGA PACK!!! :rolleyes:

is it near to be released¿?? :mischief::mischief:

thanx in advance!!! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

:D

yes it happened to me during a golden age and at the same time it happened to 2-3 other civs, we were on permanent golden age and at every turn we all would get a great person. It hasnt happened since i've applied the rom 2.8 hotfix tough.

About the Aforess modmod, one or more of those modules are seriously bugged since when i played them all at some point the game would just freeze somewhere in the modern era(with 1.41 and 1.51beta), when i played rom without the modmod i could play well into the future without any probs.
It's a shame though bcos i love the sea tunnels and couldnt play without, so i have installed just that module and maybe one or two other harmless ones, leaving out the zoo,military,extra buildings etc.. and i'll see how that goes.

No, but alternatively you can use ALT-G then press ESC or CTRL-G for same types units ;)

please help

i cant load my rise of mankind (+ affores´s modmod and advanced nukes) game anymore because of a runtime error.
my laptop has a 2.4 ghz dual core, a radeon hd mobile 2400 with 256 mb and 4 gb ram and is running on vista 32 bit. i tried to increase the virtual ram but it doesnt work.
the saved games settings are: huge map on epic speed. i saved about round 550 and now i cant load it anymore.
is may laptop to weak for this mod or is it just a bug?

please help

i cant load my rise of mankind (+ affores´s modmod and advanced nukes) game anymore because of a runtime error.
my laptop has a 2.4 ghz dual core, a radeon hd mobile 2400 with 256 mb and 4 gb ram and is running on vista 32 bit. i tried to increase the virtual ram but it doesnt work.
the saved games settings are: huge map on epic speed. i saved about round 550 and now i cant load it anymore.
is may laptop to weak for this mod or is it just a bug?

There is a known rare problem where saves wont uncompress. This may be the problem, no fix for this is available so far.

On the rare occasion I have found a problem exists with the cache this may be your problem. Start BTS up without a mod or with any other mod, load RoM then load your save. It may work.

Someone else may have some other suggestions.

Well, something had to happen for you to start getting all those GP. Do you still have an old save, or can you remember if you did anything strange or out of the ordinary right before you started getting all those GP?

Thanks Afforress - I have already deleted the game save and started a new game. If this happens again I will upload the file here for you to have a look, if you feel like it.

yes it happened to me during a golden age and at the same time it happened to 2-3 other civs, we were on permanent golden age and at every turn we all would get a great person. It hasnt happened since i've applied the rom 2.8 hotfix tough.

About the Aforess modmod, one or more of those modules are seriously bugged since when i played them all at some point the game would just freeze somewhere in the modern era(with 1.41 and 1.51beta), when i played rom without the modmod i could play well into the future without any probs.
It's a shame though bcos i love the sea tunnels and couldnt play without, so i have installed just that module and maybe one or two other harmless ones, leaving out the zoo,military,extra buildings etc.. and i'll see how that goes.

Thanks Kroyon - that sounds pretty much like what happened to me (I forgot to mention that the one thing "out of the ordinary" that happened before the problem was the beginning of my golden age.

I didn't know about the hotfix - thanks for mentioning it.

Thanks Kroyon - that sounds pretty much like what happened to me (I forgot to mention that the one thing "out of the ordinary" that happened before the problem was the beginning of my golden age.

I'll keep a sharp eye on golden ages. It's entirely possible that those accidently got broken in the RevDCM 2.6 update. I know I broke other features before (I fixed them though.)

FYI, I just ran a test game, gave myself a few wonders and started a golden age, and my GPP didn't go wild or anything. Let's hope the problem is gone...

There is a known rare problem where saves wont uncompress. This may be the problem, no fix for this is available so far.

On the rare occasion I have found a problem exists with the cache this may be your problem. Start BTS up without a mod or with any other mod, load RoM then load your save. It may work.

Someone else may have some other suggestions.

no, it doesnt work this way, but thanks for the suggestion.
could it be that a radeon hd 2400 mobile is just not enough for this mod?
at the end it took about 1-2 minutes for the computer to finish his turn. is this normal or is it a sign that my laptop cant handle the huge amount of data?
i hope someone can tell me because there´s no way i can go back to normal bts. compared to rise of mankind bts is just.... empty.

Top Bottom