[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Get back zap zap!!! :p :p

any idea when will be done the mega pack for RoM 2.91???

Im really looking forward it!! I think im not the only one!

thaanxxxxx!!!

Then simply don't install the megapack. It is not compatible with RoM 2.91 or AND 1.73B.

I didn't install the megapack. Just the full 2.91 install. As great as this mod is, it is unrealistic to expect QA to be that robust. I mean even major developers with big budgets have problems keeping their apps running on the full diversity of PC platforms out there. Hence their preference of consoles these days.

I think the merging of so many mods is creating conflicts that arise on many platforms. I can assure you it isn't a system resource or configuration issue at least for me...

Just a question: I cant understand how my generals can get new experience. I sent my first one to fight some battles and it got some points increasing his level, but after he got 18 points he stopped growing. My second one never got experience points even after several battles, so I am totally confused. Can I send more generals in the same stack or they have to be separated to get exp points? I've searched on the Pedia but I couldnt find anything about, can someone help me on this topics?

Just a question: I cant understand how my generals can get new experience. I sent my first one to fight some battles and it got some points increasing his level, but after he got 18 points he stopped growing. My second one never got experience points even after several battles, so I am totally confused. Can I send more generals in the same stack or they have to be separated to get exp points? I've searched on the Pedia but I couldnt find anything about, can someone help me on this topics?

I belive this is a known bug in the current version of the RoM expansion mod A New Dawn. You may find more info on this in that mod mods forum Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn

Only 1 Great General will earn XP from a battle, and they can only participate in 5 battles per turn.

Ok, I downloaded the 2.91 full version but I can't seem to play it. I unzipped the folder and placed it in the right place, correct name and all, but it always stops working before the mod loads. No error message, just a 'This program has stopped responding' message. My computer is not old and I use Vista. Oh and WinRAR wouldn't even let me extract the files to the Mod folder so I have to move it manually. Any solutions?

Same here throwback. No-one bothers to explain how to actually get it working.

I see the mod listed in my BtS game. I load it, as the instructions say. But then, it's just like a normal game of BtS! That seems a bit fake to me.

Why can't you just download the proper mod and load it onto the game, like any other patch? Why do you have to go through all this fancy unzipping nonsense? I don't even know what a 'RAR' file is, but apparantly it can't be opened, so it seems pretty useless to me!

After four hours of fruitless trial and error, i still haven't got the mod working. But i won't stop until i do. Why should i be denied access, just because i'm not a computer nerd who automatically understands how to unzip files and all that?

Download WinRAR or 7zip to be able to open the file. Make sure that you dump the RoM folder in the BtS/Mods folder, not in My Documents.

After four hours of fruitless trial and error, i still haven't got the mod working. But i won't stop until i do. Why should i be denied access, just because i'm not a computer nerd who automatically understands how to unzip files and all that?

No offense, but unarchiving and unzipping files is an elementary file operation, that every basic computer user should know how to do. Google is a friend, if you don't understand. ;)

So no help? :/

Update: I downloaded everything correctly, even the New Dawn modmod. Still doesn't work.

Sorry for the double post, but I got it working now. I won't even put why it wasn't because it was the dumbest reason. LOL. I'm silly.

No offense, but unarchiving and unzipping files is an elementary file operation, that every basic computer user should know how to do. Google is a friend, if you don't understand. ;)

It's not elementary to me:confused: I've never had to do such a thing before when downloading files, so it can't be that elementary.

I'll have a go at downloading winRAR or 7zip. Hopefully then i won't have to bore you about this topic anymore:)

They're both shareware, not freeware, but each to his own.

Mea culpa then. WinZip is definitely shareware but you technically never have to buy it.

Ok, I downloaded the 2.91 full version but I can't seem to play it. I unzipped the folder and placed it in the right place, correct name and all, but it always stops working before the mod loads. No error message, just a 'This program has stopped responding' message. My computer is not old and I use Vista. Oh and WinRAR wouldn't even let me extract the files to the Mod folder so I have to move it manually. Any solutions?

The same with me. I've installed it, loaded it properly, got game loading, even got a chance to choose civilization. But then it stops.

PS: All right. It works. All you need to do it to have patience. I've left computer and took a walk. After I came back the mod was ready to play.

any news from zappara??? :rolleyes:

he hasnt log in for a while.... :(:(:(

will he do more for Rom 2.91 and the mega pack?? :confused::confused::confused:

any news from zappara??? :rolleyes:

he hasnt log in for a while.... :(:(:(

will he do more for Rom 2.91 and the mega pack?? :confused::confused::confused:

This is the wrong place to check for RoM updates. The RoM forums have much more information.

Top Bottom