[BTS Total Mod] Thomas' War

Congratz on your 1000th post, tsentom! :D

I'm stilling playing your mod in multiplayer instead of BtS and it's still plenty of fun!

Same problem with Action Menu and when in city view no City Action Menu.

Makes it worthless too for special people, No Action Menu.:eek:

Again! I can't download from atomic Gamer at all. Please, put it up on File Front.
Otherwise I will never be able to play this mod. :(

Doesn't anyone know why it can not initialize primary control theme!!? everything is named properly and in the right place, please help this mod is the best i've ever seen....

OK how do you disable the only 1 religion option? I like having more than one religion going.

Wanted to drop by and say how much I love this mod. I still can't believe all the work you put into this.

This has to be the best mod I have downloaded for any game.

I loaded Thomas Mod successfully and played single player. I tried to play multi but my partner couldnt see the mod in multiplayer. I deduce I didnt have the exact copy that he had so I re-installed it. Now It won't load..I get this error. Im using Vista and unzipped the file in both c/86 civ mod folder and then my docs under the civ mods. Each time i got this error. Any clues?...The game crashes.:confused:

GFC error: This error comes, if you place the mod not in the right place (The right place is: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\...\BtS\Mods and NOT My Documents), and if the modfolder is not named correctly (name should be the same like the archive from the download, Thomas_War_3.5 i think).

GFC error: This error comes, if you place the mod not in the right place (The right place is: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\...\BtS\Mods and NOT My Documents), and if the modfolder is not named correctly (name should be the same like the archive from the download, Thomas_War_3.5 i think).

What is the "right place" if you are using Vista?

Hi
Having problem with the mod crashing.Error meassage reads' 'bad memory allocation'
I have also had a message after a crash telling me to reduce my graphics settings, which i have done but the mod just keeps crashing.Any ideas?
Thanks

What is the "right place" if you are using Vista?

What i wanted to say: You have to place it in the same folder, where the standard mods from BtS are, so not in the My Documents folder, but in the direct folder on C:.
I don't know, how it's called under vista, try something like C:\Program files (x86)\Firaxis....

Hi
Having problem with the mod crashing.Error meassage reads' 'bad memory allocation'
I have also had a message after a crash telling me to reduce my graphics settings, which i have done but the mod just keeps crashing.Any ideas?
Thanks

This comes, because this mod is so incredible big :cooool:.

3 Ways, to solve it:
- Buy more RAM
- Do not install the videos and leaderheads
- Play smaller maps

I hope, i don't prevent tsentom from answering.
Buddy, i hope, you didn't vanish completly.

Has anyone had a problem with the game crashing and an error message stating - bad memory allocation.
MOD installed in main directory not My docs games etc...It only happens once i have been playing the game for a while ie a few hundred turns.Top end machine lots of everything.The only other message i have had is Game stopped working, please try reducing you graphics settings.
Done that, still crashing.
Anyone help at all ? much appreciated.:D

The J
Thanks pal for the tips,its a shame i cant progress through the mod, i have 2gb of RAM, maybe thats not enough.I will take your advice and remove leaderheads and video and paly smaller maps i guess?
:confused:

What i wanted to say: You have to place it in the same folder, where the standard mods from BtS are, so not in the My Documents folder, but in the direct folder on C:.
I don't know, how it's called under vista, try something like C:\Program files (x86)\Firaxis....

I figured it out...thanks...x86 is the right place but for some reason it wouldnt extract properly there...I extracted on desktop and 'dragged' the file in the civ mod file in x86....works now....THANKS!:lol:

Hi,

I have built the HERC factory and Assault Mechs are listed in the list of items I can built, even after I have created 4. Unfortunately, whenever a city is building in an Assault Mech (the 5th one), it won't finish it, but regularly bring up the message that City can't build Assault Mech and production has been converted to gold.
Is there a way to fix this and make the HERC factory work?

Thanks,

Patrick

What does the HREC facility do?

As for the mechs, while it's been a long time since I played this mod, they should be limited to just 4.

That of course wouldn't explain how you are able to build more than 4, or at least, attempt to build more than 4. :)

Hello. Excellent mod, play it all the time. near perfect I think. I have just one suggestion:

Maybe change the Ishtar Gate "meet all civs" bonus since its kind of out of place on New World/Old World type games. I usually disable this bonus. Perhaps have it grant the ability to trade resources overseas before astronomy?

Anyway, keep up the good work.

What does the HREC facility do?

As for the mechs, while it's been a long time since I played this mod, they should be limited to just 4.

That of course wouldn't explain how you are able to build more than 4, or at least, attempt to build more than 4. :)

the HREC factory world wonder should allow you to build an unlimited number of mechs

Hello~

First off, let me just say that this mod is great. I felt the original game's tech tree and whatnot ended way too early (unless you were playing with time victory checked, which I generally don't do) and I'd have at least 300+ turns of "future tech." With this mod I feel a generally smooth transition into futuristic techs and projects. Also, there's just something absolutely brilliant about the Assault Mech units. I can't really explain the joy of wiping out an entire civilization using 4 Mech units and nothing else.

Anyhow, I've been playing it on the huge earth 18civs map. But recently I found out about the GEM (Giant Earth Map) and am in love with it's detail and space. I managed to get Thomas' War to play on it, however, every civ starts in a random location and there is still the 18civ limit (and for a map that massive, I feel 24+ is necessary unless you like every empire to be gigantic as hell :p)...

I've been giving it a whirl myself to little avail. I simply don't know enough about this sort of thing to make it happen. I've been reading around the forums for a while, hoping to find similar info, but I either missed it, or it's not there. :/

I was wondering if you, tsentom1, (or anyone, really) would be willing to give me any sort of info on how I might take your mod and implement a scenario on the GEM map with fixed starting locations (accurate to location but not necessarily time. i.e. America starting in Washington in 4000 BC is fine) and 24+ civs.
For an easier to read layout:
1) Thomas' War on GEM map. (accomplished)
2) 24 or more Civs.
3) Fixed starting locations.

Thank you to anyone who can shed some light on how to accomplish this.

EDIT: Okay, I was sort of mistaken. I got Thomas' War to play on a "clean" version of the GEM. It has no leader info at all, which explains why everything's random. Loading up the actual GEM with leader info (and thus starting locations) fails. I get a "Could not load" error and my only option is to go back to scenarios.

EDIT2: I messed around with it for quite some time, to little to no avail. I randomly just decided to see what would happen if I copied GEM to a clean mod folder and copied Thomas' War overtop of it and loaded it as a new mod. It worked, to some degree. I get errors here and there, but the placement of civs is correct, I can have 32 (I think?) civs with room for colonies, and it's all with Thomas' War units/structures/etc. The only thing is that I've tested with England and France so far, and as France things went fine. I was able to explore up through Russia and such, and played until turn 200 or so before I decided to try something else. As England, however, whenever I explore near Scotland the game crashes to desktop. I've done it twice now at different turn numbers, but all with my warrior in the same position. That really confuses me... what in the world is up there that causes that? :/

Also, randomly, I'll get "you have been defeated!" before the game ever even starts. I thought removing all the files in the My Documents\civ4\blahblah folder fixed it, as I did that twice and it would load properly, but just now it gave me that error with no files in that folder. So... I'm confused as hell.

Top Bottom