[BTS Total Mod] Thomas' War

Question: what is the diplomacy theme for Maria Theresia? I like it, but I'm not sure what it is.

Hi, have been playing this for a long while, but have just upgraded BTS to version 3.19 and now I have no interface on the mod, BTS works fine, but Rise of Mankind will not load, and Thomas' War loads the map, but no interfae of any kind, any idea of what could be wrong? I am running Civ IV complete on a vista machine.

Hi, have been playing this for a long while, but have just upgraded BTS to version 3.19 and now I have no interface on the mod, BTS works fine, but Rise of Mankind will not load, and Thomas' War loads the map, but no interfae of any kind, any idea of what could be wrong? I am running Civ IV complete on a vista machine.

Really upgrading should not matter in this mod, as it does NOT use a dll, like RoM does.

I'm thrown out of the game with an error every time I play any game at turn 30-40. Quick speed. Ancient era as starting. BtS 3.17. I made minor changes to civics (concretelly, I added a civic) and I doubt ithe problem would lay there. I wonder if there's something to be done whith this.

Edit: The problem WAS in the civics. Once I reinstalled Thomas' war, the problem was solved. Still I don't understand how adding a civic could have this effect.

Someone should really work on fixing the bugs in this mod, i.e. Bad Memory Alocation failures, they happen every other turn. getting progressively worse as the game continues. im playing with only 13 civs on a huge map. everything is patched/updated. i have 2 Gb RAM, 128 Mb video, 3 Gb processor......think ill go back to playing RoM...

MAFS are not solvable, actually. Well, they are ,but it's rather convulted, and doesn't work as much. :(

Sorry. Also, yeah, I think the mod creator disappeared.

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but i have been making some small changes to the xml files in Thomas' War, and I was wondering if anyone knows what I have to edit to allow a city to work 3 (36) plots, instead of the standard 2 (20) plots? I know it's possible as it's a feature in FfH etc. Any help would be appreciated. PS this is a great mod, hope Tsentom is ok and will be back..?

and I was wondering if anyone knows what I have to edit to allow a city to work 3 (36) plots, instead of the standard 2 (20) plots? I know it's possible as it's a feature in FfH etc. Any help would be appreciated.

That requires dll modding. You need to be willing to merge source code and compile a new gamecore. If you have no previous experience doing that, it would probably take about a week of a few hours a day figuring it out. It'd doable, I learned doing something similar, but it's not easy.

That requires dll modding. You need to be willing to merge source code and compile a new gamecore. If you have no previous experience doing that, it would probably take about a week of a few hours a day figuring it out. It'd doable, I learned doing something similar, but it's not easy.

Luckily Thomas' War does not have any DLL changes I think so there is not DLL included. If you can find a modcomp which has only tthat change in it, you can take the DLL from that and merge it in without compiling a new DLL yourself. You do have to make sure it is for the correct version of BtS (3.19).

Luckily Thomas' War does not have any DLL changes I think so there is not DLL included. If you can find a modcomp which has only tthat change in it, you can take the DLL from that and merge it in without compiling a new DLL yourself. You do have to make sure it is for the correct version of BtS (3.19).

Go here. Jooyo had made 3 plot radius for Rise of Mankind mod. I think you can ask Jooyo few questions and modify that dll for your mod :). And, YES, it works :D. It is for BtS 3.19 too.

I've noticed that the A.I. tends to found religions particular to their historical counterparts, for example Montezuma will found Nahualism or Albert will found Christianity (depending on whether these religions have already been founded), is this a new feature with Thomas' War or has it always been incorporated? Also, is it possible to get rid of?

I've noticed that the A.I. tends to found religions particular to their historical counterparts, for example Montezuma will found Nahualism or Albert will found Christianity (depending on whether these religions have already been founded), is this a new feature with Thomas' War or has it always been incorporated? Also, is it possible to get rid of?

See post 1029.:rolleyes:

See post 1029.

I did read that, but I was unsure what it meant. Do you mean he has gone temporarily or permanently? I assumed that since you stated him been away for so little time he would be back at some date.

Little time!? Three months? I don't think he's just taking a break, though I sure hope he does just that. The mod's too good to abandon it. :)

Help!!! I own a vista, downloaded and unzipped Thomas' war but the BTS is not even acknowledge that it's there. Does the fact that my computer can't open any python programs have anything to do with it? Any suggestions would be very welcome.:(

Top Bottom