[BTS Total Mod] Thomas' War

Help!!! I own a vista, downloaded and unzipped Thomas' war but the BTS is not even acknowledge that it's there. Does the fact that my computer can't open any python programs have anything to do with it? Any suggestions would be very welcome.:(
Unzipped it where? A common mistake is to put it into "my games\beyond the sword\mods" - you need to put it into program files(x86)\sid meier's civilization IV\beyond the sword\mods\.

Cheers, LT.

Unzipped it where? A common mistake is to put it into "my games\beyond the sword\mods" - you need to put it into program files(x86)\sid meier's civilization IV\beyond the sword\mods\.

Cheers, LT.

Dear LT,
I looked back upon my installation and did discover that I did indeed unzip into program files (although when I look under program files the denotation "(x86)" is not present.:confused:

Dear The J,
While in the BTS menu I went to Advanced then hit load a mod and it wasn't there; is that the right procedure? Also when browsing my computer, I have to hit the "compatability files" button once I'm in /mods in order to even see the Thomas war folder (the real one). P.S. thank you for your imput:p
Thanks,
edingess

What you did, is, as far as i can see, right.
Are you sure, that you've put Thomas' War in the BtS\Mods folder, and not in the Civ\Mods folder?

Yes I have varified that, however I just noticed that the orginal 7Z file is in the mods folder so I moved it to the recycling bin. Thanks for asking and I'll let you know how it goes.:p

Still having problems. By deleting the original 7Z file it sent both the 7Z and the mod to the recycle bin. I restored so I'm still back where I was yesterday.:sad:

Hi, I recently upgraded my PC and am now Using Win7. Really wanted to get back into playing this mod again and am having some problems.

I go into Load a mod and the mod is not listed, it only lists it when I place the file in "C:\Users\-----\Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\MODS"
which is of course, not where it should be. However placing it in the correct folder yields no results at all.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods"

The_J said:
Does the Just Another Mod Chooser recognize the mod?

This does not recognise there being a mod there either.
I am 110% certain that I have all the correct files for the mod to function properly, as the folder structure appears to be correct and unzipped the mod takes up 731mb.
This worked perfectly for me when I was running WinXP so now I'm at a loss as to what to do :/

Could it be linked to the game's folder being inside Steam? I know some Mods aren't compatable.

I did try the compatibility thing but to no avail.
I don't beleive it's a problem with it running through Steam as it worked perfectly for me on my old machine through Steam running XP.

I only have BtS installed right now though so I'll try installing vanilla CivIV as well and see how it goes then, not going to get my hopes up though.

I'm having trouble with the animated leader heads I installed and unzipped under the correct file directory but it still doesn't work.:confused: PS: how do you overwrite a file and what is tsentom talking about when he says "this requires a redownload of the core mod as of version 3.5 (note: I have version 3.5a[with patch]) Once again any suggestions would be helpful.

I only have BtS installed right now though so I'll try installing vanilla CivIV as well and see how it goes then, not going to get my hopes up though.

:confused: how do you install BtS without Vanilla?

I'm having trouble with the animated leader heads I installed and unzipped under the correct file directory but it still doesn't work.:confused:

What doesn't work?

PS: how do you overwrite a file

If you unpack the leaderheads to the right section, windows should ask you, if you want to overwrite existing files.
If windows doesn't ask you, the location is false.

and what is tsentom talking about when he says "this requires a redownload of the core mod as of version 3.5 (note: I have version 3.5a[with patch])

No idea, where this is written, but only people, who have downloaded an earlier version of thomas' war, should concern about that (means: not you ;)).

Ok I found my problem. I did infact have the mod installed in the wrong place. Rather than placing the mod inside this folder where i had it originally
"\steam\steamapps\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods"
I extracted it to
"\steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods"

Not really sure why Steam creates 2 directories for this game imparticular but it does. The correct path for installing mods being the one inside the "common" folder. Don't have time to properly test it as I now have to rush off for work, it loaded up fine though. :)

Great mod! Visually stunning, stable, great trait dynamics - flows very well. There is only one feature I would really like to see added: the option to disable espionage (for custom games). I never cared much for the espionage aspect of the game, but everything else is great!

Top Bottom