BTS Unaltered Gameplay Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) it's true that the columns will be wider due to their content, but almost always the name title is wider than the content, so using the icons allows a wide reduction anyway.

Oh I wasn't clear. I was asking what's the reason for having brackets around the building button in the header, given that the column values will look totally different? I agree that different would be good simply to make it clear, and doing something to make it different is easily doable. Making it look good might be another story. ;)

I think they were removed by people who updated the mod to Warlords because of a bug linked with the zoom button problem.

Yes, they are placed into the table just like the old zoom city icons that I removed. I would suspect they cause crashes as well, but I hadn't used CDA before this mod. As I said, easy to replace.

so, the tooltips on the icons came magically together with them? Cool! :)

Yeah! When you place a button like that (building, unit, tech) you can tell it to do the hover-popup at the same time (no extra work). There's no such option when setting a table header. I'll have to play around with a few options to see which works nicest.

it only happens after a fresh installation of BUG (that I make previously deleting the older CustomsAssets folder).

Do you also delete the CustDomAdv.txt file out of the BtS install folder when you do this? If not, then the problem can't be that the file is missing, since it's still there. Very puzzling if that's the case!

Looks like a partial check-in. Ruff: have you committed all your code for the Renamer Mod?
I have separated my development version from my 'linked to the web' version and only sync between the two when I have a version free of bugs. I then grab the latest from the web, check if any of my files are affected and commit my 'linked to the web' version. So, to answer you question ...

NO not all. Still working on it.

BUT YES, the version up there should be ok.

Now, all of the above said ... I did have some non working code in the unitnaming event manager that would create problems when a unit was built. I've fixed that now. But my code shouldn't stop the interface from working. It only gets called when a unit is built (as opposed to created).

Autolog has trouble with Unicode chars. Exception occurred when I founded Guimarães (playing Joao currently) and founding of the city wasn't logged. Same happened when I started first build, and my assumption is that will again happen when anything regarding the city would be logged, making managing this city a pain.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvEventInterface", line 30, in onEvent
File "CvCustomEventManager", line 126, in handleEvent
File "CvCustomEventManager", line 137, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "autologEventManager", line 650, in onCityBuildingBuilding
File "autolog", line 85, in writeLog

UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe3' in position 34: ordinal not in range(128)

(this wouldn't by any chance be logged to some error or debug log? I typed it by reading from civ error popup)

Oh I wasn't clear. I was asking what's the reason for having brackets around the building button in the header, given that the column values will look totally different? I agree that different would be good simply to make it clear, and doing something to make it different is easily doable. Making it look good might be another story. ;)

Oh, now I get it. :)
No, brackets were only an example, any symbol will be ok, even an asterisk after them. But not so important, as you said the content is different, so they can be easily distinguished.

Yes, they are placed into the table just like the old zoom city icons that I removed. I would suspect they cause crashes as well, but I hadn't used CDA before this mod. As I said, easy to replace.

Here is the link to the original CDA, which had the resource icons in it.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=109378&d=1135896065
BTW, I've not fully understood what the problem is... they are in but they are not working? (I'm speaking of the iconized headers for the resource columns, not for the resource columns themselves)?

Do you also delete the CustDomAdv.txt file out of the BtS install folder when you do this? If not, then the problem can't be that the file is missing, since it's still there. Very puzzling if that's the case!

I've tried just now a couple of times... with CustDomAdv.txt there, the crash doesn't happens anymore :)

@NikNaks

I've seen that you have uploaded the Flavor Units, so I've started to add them to the FBUGDir. :)

In some cases, the names of the files refer to different units compared to the name of the folder in which those files are (for example, the Axeman_Babylon folder is full of Sumerian_Vulture files), is this normal? Probably yes, but wanted to be sure :)

Yes it's perfectly fine. Most units are based off others, so the file name is more or less irrelevant. The name of the folder is the main thing.

Ok, I thought something like that, 4but I wanted to be sure :)

Another thing: in the Byzantium folder, there are 2 subdirectories named Axeman_Byzantium and Axeman_Byzantiium with the same files inside... I think that one of them is due to an error and can be removed, but I don't know if I'm right and which one has to be removed...

Autolog has trouble with Unicode chars.

Can you please try the following quick fix. I have to head off to work and cannot test, so if it works I'll commit later tonight.

Change autolog.py. Insert the "import codecs" line:

Code:
## Alt+E is always on

[B]import codecs[/B]
import os

and change original line 97 (insert "codecs." and ", 'utf-8'"):

Code:
		self.log = [B]codecs.[/B]open(os.path.join(szPath, BugAutolog.getFileName()), 'a'[B], 'utf-8'[/B])

I haven't even tested that this runs, but Google tells me it's okay. :) I'm most curious-- if it works -- if the UTF-8 file works for you to post onto the forums.

(this wouldn't by any chance be logged to some error or debug log? I typed it by reading from civ error popup)

You might have to turn off the popups and enable logging in the main INI file. They are written to PythonErr.log in "My Games\BtS\mods".

Codec fix works.
[edit]
Rephrased: I use HTML tags and it works that way at least, also it's UTF-8 in editor so it should be fine.

Ruff, I'm sorry but I'm afraid your fix didn't work again... :(

Spoiler PythonErr.log :
File "<string>", line 1, in ?
File "<string>", line 52, in load_module
File "CvEventInterface", line 13, in ?
File "CvCustomEventManager", line 24, in ?
File "CvEventManager", line 12, in ?
File "CvScreensInterface", line 54, in ?
File "BugOptionsScreen", line 16, in ?
ImportError
:
No module named BugUnitNameOptionsTab

Failed to load python module CvEventInterface.
ERR: Call function onEvent failed. Can't find module CvEventInterface

File "CvAppInterface", line 56, in onLoad

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'onEvent'
ERR: Python function onLoad failed, module CvAppInterface

File "CvAppInterface", line 70, in preGameStart

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'showTechChooser'
ERR: Python function preGameStart failed, module CvAppInterface
keeps repeating last line....

Edit:
I changed this and the interface loaded:

Code:
		self.addTextEdit(screen, [COLOR="Red"]left[/COLOR], [COLOR="Red"]left[/COLOR], "UnitName_Default")
The text edits didn't show, the unit naming didn't work, but the Mod loaded... I'll leave this to you experts. ;)

Ruff, I'm sorry but I'm afraid your fix didn't work again... :(

File "BugOptionsScreen", line 16, in ?
ImportError
:
No module named BugUnitNameOptionsTab
No Way! That file is in the repository. It should be under the 'C:\Documents and Settings\...\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets\Python\BUG\Tabs' directory. Pls check your local version and / or update from repository.

You might also need to update your bug mod.ini file by adding this section ...

Code:
[UnitName]

Enabled = False
UseAdvanced = False
Default = sdfsd
CombatAIR = fdssdfsdfsdfsdfT
CombatARCHER = DEFAULT
CombatARMOR = DEFAULT
CombatGUN = DEFAULT
CombatHELICOPTER = DEFAULT
CombatMELEE = DEFAULT
CombatMOUNTED = DEFAULT
CombatNAVAL = DEFAULT
CombatRECON = DEFAULT
CombatSIEGE = DEFAULT
Enable = 1

Edit: Obviously there are some things I need to tighten up here (enabled v enable). The actual code to do the unit naming is also totally blank at the moment, so don't actually expect any of your units to get any sort of names.

About Flavor Units:
1) I've uploaded the updated version of FBUGDir.rtf, with all the flavor units file names... long work, but now it's done :)
2) this flavor units mod needs to be named... so what about NikNaks93's Flavor Units Pack or something like this?
3) Also, it needs a readme, even a short one, but with the credits
What do you think about this?

About Flavor Units:
1) I've uploaded the updated version of FBUGDir.rtf, with all the flavor units file names... long work, but now it's done :)
2) this flavor units mod needs to be named... so what about NikNaks93's Flavor Units Pack or something like this?
3) Also, it needs a readme, even a short one, but with the credits
What do you think about this?
1) Thanks! This means you've catalogued all the units?, right? If so, I'll do it from now on to save you some work.
2) Just 'The Flavor Unit Pack' would be fine with me, although it's not set for standalone release.
3) Absolutely. If you could whip one up, I'll add in all the credits :goodjob:

No Way! That file is in the repository. It should be under the 'C:\Documents and Settings\...\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets\Python\BUG\Tabs' directory. Pls check your local version and / or update from repository.
The file is there, my friend. I think it was a "compiler" error or something. When I changed the column word to left it loaded. :crazyeye:

Edit: Obviously there are some things I need to tighten up here (enabled v enable). The actual code to do the unit naming is also totally blank at the moment, so don't actually expect any of your units to get any sort of names.
Let's do it this way: I'll keep using the revision 160 until you announce this feature. :)

Thanks for the attention!

great work everybody! this mod beats anything Ruff ever did for Warlords in his unaltered mod, thank god . .

er, he's part of this project, too?!? great bloke, that Ruff! Terrific!! :goodjob:

:lol:

it IS great, but i have the tiniest nit to pick ~ the strength display is great, but isn't so intuitive as it could be. It took me a bit of time to realize the lower the #, the more i should fear (Alex @ .6? boy, what's he doing? that doesn't seem like him). Granted, i ain't the sharpest tack, but . . .

I thought there might be a way to make it more intuitive and graphical. Perhaps having 5 different icons to represent threat levels, perhaps even borrow from the US Terror Alerts ;) Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red, maybe stick Purple before Blue to keep the six main colors ~ say, a score of .01 produces a Red :strength: (or other suitable) icon or something, while a 1.9 gets you a Purple

I'm sure you have a lot to work on, but thought i'd chip in some free advice nonetheless ~ it's worth almost as much as you paid for it ;)

great work everybody! this mod beats anything Ruff ever did for Warlords in his unaltered mod, thank god . .
Where is that foot tapping icon? :gripe:

It took me a bit of time to realize the lower the #, the more i should fear (Alex @ .6? . . . perhaps even borrow from the US Terror Alerts ;) Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red

First just a shout out to Ruff b/c it was his mod that got me interested in modding. :goodjob:

I had originally put in the power ratio as their power to your power, but I changed it at the request of others here. Honestly, I keep getting confused now that it's reversed myself, and I know what it means. It just doesn't make sense to have it this new way guys.

That being said, I like the idea of the terror alert level colors and thought of extending it to the espionage ratio as well. There could be one place where you define the alert colors (choose 5 colors) and then each value that used them could have four numbers that you define that enable the colors. This way you don't have to choose the colors for each value -- just the numbers (because they vary by value).

So on the General tab --

Alert Colors (need better name than "Alert"):
* Severe: [ Red v ]
* High: [ Orange v ]
* Elevated: [ Yellow v ]
* Guarded: [ Blue v ]
* Low: [ Green v ]

and on the Scoreboard tab --

Power Ratio Levels:
* Severe: >= [ 2.0 v ]
* High: >= [ 1.5 v ]
* Elevated: >= [ 1.0 v ]
* Guarded: >= [ 0.5 v ]
* Low otherwise

How does that look? It's kind of confusing in that you define five colors and only four values because the values are between the colors in a sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom