[BtS] Wolfshanze's Revolution

Finally downloading BST Phungus.
I just think you should included the wonders and civilizations in it, like in the same spoil as your added units.
I'll let you know how I like it.

EDIT: Aww... it happened again! I posted something like this on post 316 for regular Wolfshanze, and it happened again to BST. It definitely has to do with graphics, but I have a relatively good computer. Do you have any idea what is happening, I don't.
Spoiler :

I saw something like this in the tech support forum, it has to do with DirectX 10 failing to initialize the DirectX 9 components it needs to run the Civ engine. I'm assuming you have a very fancy Nividia graphics card. I'm not really sure how to troobleshoot this one, check out the tech support forum. If I remember right the way it was solved was actually pretty bass ackwards, in that the person had to wipe, and reinstall earlier device driver versions for their video card...

For the next release of BST, I'm going to include an icon, that will be the icon used for the quick launch and desktop shortcut for Bronze Steam and Tears. I asked in the Graphics request thread, and there have been 2 very good icons made. I can't decide which one I want to use:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8000406&postcount=605

or

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8000491&postcount=606

Anyone have a preference. They are both really good, and I can't decide between the two...

For the next release of BST, I'm going to include an icon, that will be the icon used for the quick launch and desktop shortcut for Bronze Steam and Tears. I asked in the Graphics request thread, and there have been 2 very good icons made. I can't decide which one I want to use:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8000406&postcount=605

or

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8000491&postcount=606

Anyone have a preference. They are both really good, and I can't decide between the two...

I like Deon's.

Hey I've been getting the "failed to allocate video memory" crash periodically during play both with this mod and with regular Wolfshanze. I realize its probably because of all the new high-poly models but its troublesome that it happens so much especially since my computer is relatively high-end. Does anyone know any workarounds? I heard something about increasing virtual memory but thats Greek to me...

I have removed all the 2000+ poly units in Bronze, Steam & Tears so I reccomend you move to that once you finish your WolfRevolution game. I haven't experienced any MAFs with BST, and I did get them with WolfRevolution. Sadly though, while late game lag has improved, it's still not as much as I had hoped for. But my system is very old (this computer is from 2003, 2Gigs of low speed Ram, and the only upgrade is a pretty old Video card, from 2005), so it' doesn't surprise me things run slow. I can't play large maps on regular Civ... So anyway, I'm pretty sure BST will fix your issues since you say you have a decent computer.

As far as troubleshooting in general, there is some thread in the tech support sections, about how to solve MAFs for regular old Civ (which would obviously apply to any mod as well). I think it mainly has to do with setting up windows to allocate 2Gigs of RAM for Civ when it runs, something along those lines. Don't really know personally, my system doesn't have enough RAM to do it.

I think I'll be switching over right now, I'm getting awfully sick of reloading the game. Is BST stable yet?

I think I'll be switching over right now, I'm getting awfully sick of reloading the game. Is BST stable yet?

Yep. The (beta) just refers to some easthetic things I want to accomplish. I have a list a couple pages back about it, a good desktop icon, a new intro screen, some new music for the future era (information era really, I'll probably rename that, now that I think about it, future era sounds pretty dumb) so it doesn't share the same music with the modern era... Those sorts of things. BST is just as complete as WolfRev in my mind, it's just WolfRev is built as a merge whereas BST is it's own mod with it's own design philosophy.

That sounds good. Does it run with blue marble terrain?

That sounds good. Does it run with blue marble terrain?
If WolfRev doesn't, then BST wol't, but merging it in would be the same as merging it into BST (I don't remember Blue marble being in RevDCM or Wolfshanze, so I don't think so, that said if you know it is, then it is, lol). For all practical purposes BST is the same as WolfRev, just slightly different Unit and Tech progression, and no rediculously high poly unit art (nothing over 2000 polys, except for the early flyer which has 3000 polys but I left it in cause there is only one).

Hey Phungus, lost track of the thread for a while and DB is down so I cant check out the new beta build but here are a few units/buttons that needed improving in the last alpha build. Dont know if you still need them.

View attachment 211458

Biggest thing in the file is the special forces has paradrop animations. Its not as complete as paratroopers (parachute refuses to crumple up at end of ani) but it atleast has a parachute and floats down to the ground. Also his arms are deformed during the animation but theres not much you can do about it since the seal model was made with a jacked up bone structure. Will keep working on it.

SAS was taken straight out of HIST mod and has functioning paradrop animation.

The 300 Spartans just fixes gloss problem and got a better cape than my original unit.

Also included are some buttons mostly of units that were really blurry in last alpha and a corrected legio x.

Thanks. mechaerik has already updated a SF with animations, including some ethnic variants. The 300 Spartans cape fix will be nice, it does look kind of odd with it all floating like it does right now. Always nice to get updated buttons and what not, will incorporate what looks good into the next version.

Anyone else have a preference on which icon I should use? Look up about 8 posts for the links to the two icons under consideration. I can't decide which one to pick, and so far only one person has stated a preference.

While the db is down, this is the link to the BST beta from filefront:
http://files.filefront.com/Bronze+Steam+Tears+v050exe/;13588381;/fileinfo.html
And atomic gamer (in case file front doesn't work):
http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=77517

Thanks. mechaerik has already updated a SF with animations, including some ethnic variants.

That's cool. I'm interested in seeing how he did that.

The 300 Spartans cape fix will be nice, it does look kind of odd with it all floating like it does right now.

Well its still gona be stiff as a board but it atleast looks like a real cape now. I took it off the warlord but it loses its animations being stuck to the spartan. Take a look at it, and if it still looks odd I could make the cape shorter to lessen the effect of being stiff.

Have a look at the 54th Infantry I included. Theres nothing wrong with the model you already have, I just think that this one looks more like a Union american infantry than the generic rifleman does.

Some buttons dont seem to display correctly ingame for me. They appear blurry but when I open them in gimp they seem perfectly fine, so I might just be remaking buttons that are fine.

As far as the desktop icons go, I like Snipperrabbits'. It has nicer color and texture. However Deon's has more contrast to it so its clearer as to what your looking at, so I guess his might actually make a better icon.

Last edited:
BTS is a great mod, but I found an error. :( This message (at the screenshot) appears in any case in 1900 AD, then CTS occurs. Crash like this (about too large image) also appears when you try to build an armoured recon vehicle. :mad: And it's a pity that Blue Marble doesn't work. I hope that when the final version will be released and all bugs will be fixed it became one of the very best ever! :goodjob:

Attachments

• Clip.jpg
    Clip.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Hmmm, that looks like a bad button... I don't know how I haven't found this yet. I just told someone BST was totally stable as well :blush: Well, I suppose this is why it's still in beta.

Could you upload a save a turn before this occurs? If I can't easily replicate this, that'll help alot. About to check it, I have 0.6 in the works I was about to finish with, so thanks for the report. Should allow me to fix this soon for the next build.

Edit: Just checked this in GIMP, and the armored car button was 64x65 pixels :mad: That'll crash it when it tries to be built in the city queue... I'm pretty sure it'll be fixed for the next build, just need to test that now. I need to compile a new gamecore with a couple of glider's RevDCM minor bug fixes as well, so should be a couple hours.

Last edited:
Here is the savegame, CTD is on the next turn. You can try to build recon vehicle, by the way. I've never played WolfRevolution, because it couldn't live with my favourite "RFC Earth with big Europe 34 civs" map, but Wolfshanze works perfect for me. Thanks for killing the bug ahead.

Edit: Dear phungus420, but how about CTD in 1900 AD? You think that it's because of AI's queue? What icon is mentioned when "Icon size mismatch" error occurs?

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1900-January.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Top Bottom