[BUG] City States reveal unmet AIs

I was just playing a while back and I found this bug. I've just met the city of Budapest and it states they're allied with the Iroquois. The problem is that I still haven't met the Iroquois.
Pics:

Is this working as intended?

Save is attached.

Attachments

• Askia.Civ5Save
    407.2 KB · Views: 285
Surely, you do not expect Budapest to magically know whom you have and haven't met? If they don't somehow have acces to this information, how would they know to keep the Iroquois secret from you? Also, since this alliance is already public knowledge, why would they WANT to keep it secret? As far as I can tell, what you have found is not a bug, but rather an example of quite reasonable AI behavior.

In civ IV when you meet a vassal, you also meet the master ( or the other way around ) ... and when you meet a part of a PA , you also meet the other. So why not meeting the ally of a CS when contacting the CS , or the other way around? it would certainly avoid spoiler info.

The point is that I didn't get contact with the Iroquois upon meeting Budapest. Look at the first picture again. This follows the same principle of the AI knowing who you traded with before meeting you in Civ4.

There are two variances to this particular bug that still haven't been fixed in BNW. I couldn't find them so if it's been mentioned, sorry. I always forget to put the screenshots up:

1. When an unmet civ captures the capital of another civ, the game pops up with the info "Civ/Unmet player lost their capital. Name of leader controls the most capitals, but the game doesn't check whether or not you have met Name of leader so his/her name is explicitly written regardless. This situation is somewhat common and can be reproduced fairly easily for confirmation

2. When a civ has been liberated/resurrected by another civ, you will get an info pop out who liberated whom EVEN THOUGH you may not have met either. This is not so common though and I've only seen it happen in two games so it may be tricky to replicate.

Top Bottom