Bug on deity

ejprior

Chieftain
im playing a game on deity with the romans, i've managed to get a domination, cultural and technological victory from this game, by saving and reloading at the end, in order to get the achievements. However it will not allow me to build the world bank and get an economic victory, i have over 60,000 gold, but the option to build the wonder will not come up. This is really annoying,its the only achievement i've got left to get:mad:

Aren't those annoying advisors popping up after each turn? What does your economic advisor say? Maybe you could try spending money to below 20k and then pass it again?

she was there, bugging me all the way up to 20,000, now she has dissapeared, i've tried reloading to the point before i hit the 20,000 mark, but every time i get there, there is still no world bank option.This is no scenario game, just a normal single player game on diety difficulty, so all victory conditions should be available. Its got to be a bug and a really annoying one at that

im playing a game on deity with the romans, i've managed to get a domination, cultural and technological victory from this game, by cheating

Fixed.

Whats the point of saving and reloading. That takes all the fun out of the game.

cheating? whatever:lol: i got to the point in the game where i could win by any of the win conditions perfectly legitametly. i was going for economic victory from the start, however it wouldn't let me. when i say saving and reloading i mean right at the end. i saved it. build my space ship won. reloaded built my un won, reloaded took out the last capital won. how is that taking the challenge out the game? i had alredy won the game by this point

cheating? whatever:lol: i got to the point in the game where i could win by any of the win conditions perfectly legitametly. i was going for economic victory from the start, however it wouldn't let me. when i say saving and reloading i mean right at the end. i saved it. build my space ship won. reloaded built my un won, reloaded took out the last capital won. how is that taking the challenge out the game? i had alredy won the game by this point

we know what you mean

i too consider it cheating

The nerve of some people actually wanting to play their game, the way they want to. Who cares if you folks think he is cheating. I lost the memo that said I have to play my game the way dennis580 wants me to.

haha yes i do agree :p

i dont think we should tell anyone how to play and enjoy their game, just that i personally wouldnt choose to play it that way, dont be so touchy :p

i always felt the meat of the game and the true challenge of the game was in multiplayer. i just like to get 1000/1000 achievments on games i really dig. I don't really see the point personally, in playing 4 different diety games when i could play 1. i could be playing multiplayer with that time instead and having far more fun. i know, to each his own, but i think its a bit strong to come in this thread and call me a cheater, when all i was trying to do, was point out a bug.

Are you playing on a scenario that does not allow an economic victory?

That does seem to be the most likely explanation. I'm also on the 360, and I had no problem building the world bank on Deity level. So it definitely can't be a bug in the game.

nope its not a scenario, just a straight up normal single player game. i've only done one scenario and that was to get the win by 1000ad achievement.- Also are there any scenarios which allow all the win conditions bar economic? cos i can't think of any off the top of my head.

I had no problem building the world bank on Deity level. So it definitely can't be a bug in the game.
It is a bug otherwise i would be able to build the world bank. Bugs are funny little fellas, might have to do with what civ you pic, in combination with difficulty or opposition or any other factor. Just because you had no problem does not prove their isn't a bug.

That's a good point, and I stand corrected! There are a lot more variables at work in Civ than most other games, so I may have just been lucky and dropped onto a winning combination, by pure chance.

Let's hope it gets fixed, asap.

so I may have just been lucky and dropped onto a winning combination, by pure chance.

Let's hope it gets fixed, asap.

Lol, more like i managed to stumble on one of the very few combinations, which slipped past their testers and results in a bug. I expect the vast majority of people won't have this problem. I posted mainly to let the devs know of the problem and because i was annoyed at the time, due to it preventing me from getting my final acheivement. Its hardly game breaking.

Top Bottom