BUG Options button in the top left corner... how do I turn it OFF?

Would be nice to get an appropriate BUG button icon. Any chance someone could take the icon used in BUG's installer and turn it into a usable icon for the BUG Options button? Please upload the art here if you make it, I'd like to get the icon into the upcoming 2.7 RevDCM release.

We need a round button like the others that has the BUG icon on it. This will be used to open the BUG menu (eventually) but for now the BUG Options screen. Right now we're using your button with the rocket ship on it. :crazyeye:

edit: Oh right, BUG has an install icon? That's what you must use then. Really why rocket when you have a bug?

Once you add the BUG menu, simply make the button open that instead of the BUG options menu, and make the options menu accessable from that new page.

Well, I don't like to hijack this thread into a discussion about principles of software design. The only thing I'd like is a checkbox in the BUG settings to switch the button off.

Otherwise what's done is done.

Would be nice to get an appropriate BUG button icon.
Icon art?! I think this is where I come in! What's it looking like at the moment?
Right now we're using your button with the rocket ship on it. :crazyeye:
Oh? Well that's hardly an adequate choice. Didn't I make one with the mantis head on it for this a while back? I'll have a dig around.
edit: Oh right, BUG has an install icon? That's what you must use then. Really why rocket when you have a bug?
The rocket was only ever a place holder. I thought I requested a proper BUG icon - maybe I didn't.
Well, I don't like to hijack this thread into a discussion about principles of software design. The only thing I'd like is a checkbox in the BUG settings to switch the button off.
Done - check the systems tab on the BUG options.

Once you add the BUG menu, simply make the button open that instead of the BUG options menu, and make the options menu accessable from that new page.
There's going to be a BUG menu? :confused:
I'm curious to see what else BUG could add besides the options screen. Don't want to hijack this thread, are you talking about this elsewhere?

The rocket was only ever a place holder. I thought I requested a proper BUG icon - maybe I didn't.
I remember you identifying it somewhere as a placeholder. Hey, it got the job done. :thumbsup:

OMG brilliant! ;)

Done - check the systems tab on the BUG options.
Thank you very much. Also I'd like to add that I greatly appreciate ideas behind the BUG mod, their perfect implementation, and great skills of team members. It's a pleasure to look at the code and see how it changes from version to version.

There's going to be a BUG menu? :confused:
I'm curious to see what else BUG could add besides the options screen. Don't want to hijack this thread, are you talking about this elsewhere?

This seems as good a place as any. It was going to be a surprise, but whatever. Surprises are overrated anyway.

• BUG Options (though maybe I'll leave this off and have it only accessible via ALT + CTRL + SHIFT + \)
  • Regenerate Map (ALT + G)
  • Start MapFinder (ALT + CTRL + G)
  • Check for Updates (finally finish this 99% completed feature)
  • About BUG
  • Help
  • Shortcuts (jump to Sevopedia page)
  • Credits (get this off the crowded options screen)
I don't want it to get too crowded, but that's what I can think of initially. Any other suggestions?

This seems as good a place as any. It was going to be a surprise, but whatever. Surprises are overrated anyway.

• BUG Options (though maybe I'll leave this off and have it only accessible via ALT + CTRL + SHIFT + \)
  • Regenerate Map (ALT + G)
  • Start MapFinder (ALT + CTRL + G)
  • Check for Updates (finally finish this 99% completed feature)
  • About BUG
  • Help
  • Shortcuts (jump to Sevopedia page)
  • Credits (get this off the crowded options screen)
I don't want it to get too crowded, but that's what I can think of initially. Any other suggestions?
That sounds perfect to me :goodjob:

tis good. Add it to the svn or send me a copy and I'll do it.
Want me to do the conversion to DDS now? And it needs to be 32 square, as well, right?

It would be better to use the BUG install icon. Ladybug looks better in my opinion.

I tried to fin the icon, but I can't find the BUG installer anymore. In fact when I followed the download links I got a zip file that extracted about 5 folders onto my desktop... since that's where I extracted the zip from. Whatever is in the main download link would be impossible to use for anyone that doesn't have a decent grasp on Civ4 file loading structure. I can't imagine this is intended; what's going on here?

No matter what I try, I cannot get SF.net to use the EXE as the "main download". If I upload the EXE first, it swaps to the ZIP when I upload that. If I upload the ZIP first, it keeps it as the main download when I upload the EXE. :cry: I suppose I should just be happy it doesn't use the changelog. :mad:

For phungus, or whoever else wants it: The button with BUG's ladybug on it, bundled with a modified xml file because the forum doesn't let me upload .dss files.

edit: -> my next post

Top Bottom