Bug Report (English)

Just a question.
Are the XML files for the leader heads same in this mod like in vanilla BTS or are there any lines of code that do not exist in the regular game?

I am asking because I am trying to add some new leader heads into this, they come with pre made XML and all. I added them and they worked just fine in my game, but since the game crashed when it did I wonder if that could be a problem.

PS. If there are differences, will I need to change the leader head files in the modules or will it work without changes?

There are lots of new XML tags! Here the list: <FlagArtDefineTag>, <LeaderEras>, <iCultureVictoryWeight>, <iSpaceVictoryWeight>, <iConquestVictoryWeight>, <iDominationVictoryWeight>, <iDiplomacyVictoryWeight>, <MilitaryUnitRefuseAttitudeThreshold>, <WorkerRefuseAttitudeThreshold>, <CorporationRefuseAttitudeThreshold> and <EmbassyRefuseAttitudeThreshold> Some tags are optional but some are not! So you must use the new modified CIV4CivilizationsSchema if loading modular and update the XML tags. Or the game will crash. You know. The pre-made XMLs won't work with CCV.

Ok, to tell you what I have done, maybe you can assist.

I took the pre made XML but used the Schema from this mod instead. I got the game to load and started a game with the leaders just fine. And the leaders seem to work just fine. (Also, checking the schema there does not seem to be anything that is required by force ( minOccurs="1" ) that is not already entered into the files. Or is that bit wrong and I still need to edit it?

But since my game crashed when it did I thought that something might be missing. Now that I look at it thou can this be the case? I mean, I plaid some good 200 turns out of that thing without any crashes so could an error with the LH be at fault at all?

I mean, in theory that would mean that the game has suddenly called upon a XML entry it did not use for the entire game before that point and crashed the game. Could that have happened?

PS. You know that a mod is good when it has a guy hooked after just 1 incomplete game.

PPS. You guys need a proper feedback thread so I can praise you properly.

Ok, to tell you what I have done, maybe you can assist.

I'll try it.

I took the pre made XML but used the Schema from this mod instead. I got the game to load and started a game with the leaders just fine. And the leaders seem to work just fine. (Also, checking the schema there does not seem to be anything that is required by force ( minOccurs="1" ) that is not already entered into the files. Or is that bit wrong and I still need to edit it?

Yes, you need to edit it. minOccurs="0" just means that the game won't need it to load. So if it is set to == 0 there will be no problem while loading if the tag is missing. The value will be set to -1 or NO_XY for the SDK. No problem so far. But who tells you that -1 or NO_XY is a valid value for the functions in the SDK? You can't know what is going on there. And because I haven't written all related code to the new tags myself I don't know if the code is well done and checks for valid values before using them. The typical source of CTDs. And I tell you the truth. I'm even not sure if I have done it everywhere. Maybe NO_ERA will not be not accepted by DCL, so that <LeaderEras> may need a valid entry.

Oh, and never set <FlagArtDefineTag> to NONE! This is not allowed!!! The tag must be a valid one or must be skipped.

But since my game crashed when it did I thought that something might be missing. Now that I look at it thou can this be the case? I mean, I plaid some good 200 turns out of that thing without any crashes so could an error with the LH be at fault at all?

Yes of course. If you are for example playing with Dynamic Civ Leader there may be a simple leader change to a new leader with broken tags. CTD. Or maybe the conditions have changed so that the AI uses another victory strategy. So there may be now the right conditions for a if {} where the function breaked before but now does go on to a critical part of code.

You must edit the new leaders. And also have a look at the different delays (for example memory delay)!!! They are different in CCV. If you don't do it your new leaders will behaive absolutly different from all existing leaders.

Ok, thanks. This is getting complex enough to exceed my capacity. Hence I will just make a copy of several leaders I like, change the name and art file reference and keep the rest like in your mod.

That should work right?

Ok, thanks. This is getting complex enough to exceed my capacity. Hence I will just make a copy of several leaders I like, change the name and art file reference and keep the rest like in your mod.

That should work right?

:yup:

And in this moment it is done. Here is the link to the database and the brand new version CCV 4.29H++.

*Jumps up and down in joy*

Sulfur and Bauxite are only "mineable" by a fort (and maybe a town, didn't try). EDIT: Yes, town works as well.

Tree nurseries have double growth with Emancipation (was already like this in the "old" version.. but I only noticed today). Correction: Only the tooltip suggests that, but growth is correct as it seems.

Could you change the field of view in the city screen to automatically zoom out as soon as you can work city radius 3 (so you can see all tiles without activating the slider and zooming out manually)?

Oil Refinery removes Crude Oil from all cities, but Crude Oil is required to build any more Oil Refineries.

Electrolysis Plant and Nuclear Processing Plant don't produce their respective resources if Chemicals become available after I built them.

My Factory produces Machine Guns, but no Infantry Equipment.

In the attached savegame, either on the next turn, or the one after that, all my building produced resources vanish (because of the Apostolic Palace?).

Sulfur and Bauxite are only "mineable" by a fort (and maybe a town, didn't try). EDIT: Yes, town works as well.

Found and solved.

Tree nurseries have double growth with Emancipation (was already like this in the "old" version.. but I only noticed today). Correction: Only the tooltip suggests that, but growth is correct as it seems.

Please tell me where is this tooltip. I don't see it.

Could you change the field of view in the city screen to automatically zoom out as soon as you can work city radius 3 (so you can see all tiles without activating the slider and zooming out manually)?

Maybe, but not with the first aid patch.

Oil Refinery removes Crude Oil from all cities, but Crude Oil is required to build any more Oil Refineries.

And same with smelting works. Okay. Didn't think about it.

Electrolysis Plant and Nuclear Processing Plant don't produce their respective resources if Chemicals become available after I built them.

For sure the same problem. Damn. This was working. What have I done? :hmm:

EDIT: Please help me with a test. I think it is a missing update when a new building is finished and the building is a productive one like chemical industry. Please open the worldbuilder and add a new bonus to the network with the plant that was not working as expected before. So you must add for example a new sulphur, a fort on this plot and a new road conneted to the network. And after this please check the city again. Is the new sulphur their and all bonuses (as expected).?

In the attached savegame, either on the next turn, or the one after that, all my building produced resources vanish (because of the Apostolic Palace?).

I'll check it. Maybe a scenario I didn't think about. One missing update and things like this can happen.

Please tell me where is this tooltip. I don't see it.
Lower left corner in the normal game interface... the one that tells you whose tile it is, what units are present on that tile, etc. And again same location when you point on the Plant a Forest icon and have a Worker selected. (See screenshot)

And same with smelting works. Okay. Didn't think about it.
Actually in the new version Smelting Works doesn't require Iron, but the "old" Steel Mill did (thats the reason why I did these tests :D ).

For sure the same problem. Damn. This was working. What have I done? :hmm:

EDIT: Please help me with a test. I think it is a missing update when a new building is finished and the building is a productive one like chemical industry. Please open the worldbuilder and add a new bonus to the network with the plant that was not working as expected before. So you must add for example a new sulphur, a fort on this plot and a new road conneted to the network. And after this please check the city again. Is the new sulphur their and all bonuses (as expected).?

OK... so I wasn't quite sure what you meant... so first I added a Sulfur to the tradenet of the Factory that did not produce Infantry Equipment... before that I had:
2 Cities with a Forge each
1 of those had a Factory
and I had
2 Crossbows
2 Rifles
2 Machine Guns
2 Gunpowder

AFTER the sulfur add the buildings stayed the same (naturally) but the resources were:
4 Crossbows
4 Rifles
6 Machine Guns
4 Gunpowder

I removed the sulfur, nothing changed... I added it again and I had 6 Gunpowder, the rest stayed as before.
Then I removed the two Chemical Factories and I still had all the resources they produced. :S
Removing the only Iron I had also didn't have any effect.

Then I started a new game gave me all techs of industrial age and lower. And gave my city Iron, Coal, Uranium, Bauxite, Sulfur and Crude Oil.
After building the Electrolysis Plant nothing changed (because I didn't have any Chemicals). The same for the Nuclear Processing Plant and the Chemical Plant (because I didn't have an Oil Refinery).
Building the Oil Refinery gave me all its Products and removed Crude Oil, but the Chemical Plant didn't seem to notice.
Then I added another Sulfur to my tradenet (hope thats what you wanted me to do) and suddenly everything was as it should.

Okay, here is the first patch for you. The patch cannot repair damaged settings of a running game. Their is a chance so you may try but...

Fixed

Fixed

Later

Fixed

Fixed

Fixed

Not checked, so maybe not fixed.

Attachments

• Community Civ V v4.29H++ A Patch.rar
    6 MB · Views: 52
I get a bug when ever I capture a city. The game just freezes up, the music still playing but nothing moves. Alt-Tab does not work any more and I have to restart my PC.

Map size and number of players are low, the AI leader is a default one and the game runs smoothly other than that.

I get a bug when ever I capture a city. The game just freezes up, the music still playing but nothing moves. Alt-Tab does not work any more and I have to restart my PC.

Map size and number of players are low, the AI leader is a default one and the game runs smoothly other than that.

A save please.

The wrong resource mini buttons in world builder will be fixed with the next patch too. Found the reason for the offset.

I got this again yesterday and just now without any Apostolic Palace popups related to it, adding a new resource to the tradenet fixed it. But I could not reproduce it after loading... maybe random event related? IIRC in the first savegame I posted about this, in the total of maybe 6 times I reloaded and tried to get past this, the two times I got it on the next turn there was also a message about a random event "Captain Blackbeart harasses XYs waters" or something like that... but I did not get this message when the vanish happend on the turn after the next.

EDIT: :dubious: I'm starting to think my computer does this on purpose... got it again... two reloads in a row.. so here's the before and after savegame...

EDIT2: Now looking at it in the Mapeditor... there are an awful lot of pirateships around my opponents city....
And one of them is doing the "Blockade"-Mission on the AIs city... maybe whenever any ship goes into Blockade-Mode the game somehow comes to the conclusion that my building produced resources are traded and now blocked?

A save please.
I have some modifications (added some leaders into the game) so you would not be able to open it. :(

But I came to an idea. Is there a way to disable the examine city on capture bit without breaking the save game?

I can (kind of, why see below) trigger the vanish if I place a barbarian ship inside my waters and wait for it to do Blockade.

While trying to test this I came across this issue again:
OK... so I wasn't quite sure what you meant... so first I added a Sulfur to the tradenet of the Factory that did not produce Infantry Equipment... before that I had:
2 Cities with a Forge each
1 of those had a Factory
and I had
2 Crossbows
2 Rifles
2 Machine Guns
2 Gunpowder

AFTER the sulfur add the buildings stayed the same (naturally) but the resources were:
4 Crossbows
4 Rifles
6 Machine Guns
4 Gunpowder

I removed the sulfur, nothing changed... I added it again and I had 6 Gunpowder, the rest stayed as before.
Then I removed the two Chemical Factories and I still had all the resources they produced. :S
Removing the only Iron I had also didn't have any effect.
So I wanted the barbarian to block me, but my Oil was in the water. So I put down another Oil near my (only) city and also put Railroads and a Well there. Suddenly I had 2 of Crossbows, Rifles and Gunpowder; 3 of Infantry Equipment and Machineguns; and 4 of AA and AT Weapons. But this has nothing to do with the added Oil... I could get the same effect by just placing (or building with Workers) Railroadtracks on the Oil (without a Well) or in fact any other Tile (to be honest I just tested one other tile without resources, inside my borders, next to a tile with Railroadtracks). Also the additional resources where removed if the barbarian ship did Blockade.
But when it moved and blocked on the tile next to its old position all my building produced resources vanished....

I do belief these are two sides of the same problem... somehow as soon as the game notices "Hey something could have changed with the traderoutes... better check whether those resources are still available." something goes quite wrong.

I do belief these are two sides of the same problem...

:yup:

somehow as soon as the game notices "Hey something could have changed with the traderoutes... better check whether those resources are still available." something goes quite wrong.

It's quite the contrary. Something has changed and the new mechanics haven't noticed the change. It should have been checked but was not. And so it is missing in the log. And the missing log entry destroys all calculations in the next update. And losing resources by blockade is a scenario I didn't think about. :(

And yes, a new road can be enough to force a check. Can be. But must not be. Depends on the situation. That's the reason why I asked you to add a new resource.

I haven't got the time. Please test this new patch for me. It should fix the mini resource button and maybe the resource update problem from blockades.

Attachments

• Community Civ V v4.29H++ B Patch.rar
    6.6 MB · Views: 49
First quick test worked, Blockade doesn't screw it all up anymore and building Railroadtracks doesn't give "bonus" resources.
I added additional "basic" resources and when I first built the mine or whatever and then the road, the resource will immediatly be processed. But when I first built the road then the mine, I'll have Iron, for example, in my tradenet until I built the next road.
I also had some barbarians destroy my improvements and even though they destroyed my only two coppermines, I still had Copperwire (wanted to confirm that this behaves the same as mapeditor remove), until I built the next road. (So maybe add a check on Improvement create/remove?)

EDIT: Also an image seems to be missing (the capital star?), see screen.

Hey. Should we have found the bugfix for the broken airport char from BUG? I've tried to repair it in the past but as it seems I've added the graphic to the wrong file. Has the city an airport?

EDIT: Yes! Fantastic. It is the airport char. But the BUG function is not okay. The BUG option in the config won't remove/hide the icon as it should. So I must repair it. At the moment the icon is not optional. And do we want the button just for the airport or do we want it for cities with an airbase too? I would prefer it for both types as both allow air transports of units.

EDIT2: Airport char is repaired! Appears now (optional by BUG config) if the city has an airport or an airbase. I know that the current art is terrible... :D

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Airport Char.JPG
    Airport Char.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 169
Top Bottom