Bug Report (English)

Some more minor issues I came across:

I besieged this one city with a culverine and two cavalrymen (and some melee units) in my stack, I firststrike attacked with the culverine and the first cavalryman, but couldn't firststrike attack with the second one. Then I did a normal attack with the first cavalry and suddenly I could firststrike attack with the second one again... quite odd. (Also have screenshots if you need'em)

And now it just worked with cavalry firststrike attacking after each other :S
The second screenshot shows my knight whose commander has motivation1 being able to bombard city def. x)

If you can firststrike or not depends on the basic firststrikes (!) of your FSA unit and the best enemy defender. Promotions are ignored for the decision if can or can not. Just the final damage depends on them.
So if you hurt the current best enemy defender with another unit it may be possible that the unit that was unable to FSA this old best defender before is now able to hurt the next new best defender. Maybe this was the problem here..

If you can or cannot depends on the weapon range and also the basic FSA chance. That's almost the same. If both have 2 basic FSAs it will not be possible to attack (if the real weapon range is 0 plots). If you are in range to attack you are also in range to be hit by the defender. But that's a common combat and not a FSA! So there must be a real chance for a firststrike! If both got 1-2 FSAs there is a chance of 25% to be able to FSA. That's the reason why you often see a message that a unit XY was not able to hit the defender. The capabilities and the positioning of the defender was equal or better.

I am getting a non fixable, non recoverable crash in ad 375.
I started with 11 civs, lost one but revolutions brought it up to 15.

The game just crashes without any sort of error message or anything. All I get is the generic windows error that the program has crashed.

Any idea how I could fix it?

Try loading an earlier autosave, that sometimes works. You could also upload the save right before it crashes in case Thomas wants to look at it.

I doubt he could open it since I moded the game to include some 2-3 more leader heads. (I did not change anything else but still)

Also, when I load an older save the game again crashes in the exact same turn. AD 375 every time.

i'm trying to play a single game match, but i'm in the year 500AC and it keeps closing the game, so i just load the game before my last autosave, and i can advance some more turns before it closes again the game. and even if i can advance some turns, its really annoying that for 3 turns i advance i have to repeat 6 turns or 7 for loading a autosaved game. its getting errors now very often. any suggestion so this dont happend so much? should i desactivate any option to improve the game to avoid this errors? another annoying thing is that other leaders keeps offering me to introduce me other leaders that i havent met yet, but 4 times each turn, every turn. its also really annoying.thanks for your time

Attachments

• AutoSave_0300 a. C..Civ4SavedGame
    263 KB · Views: 37
i'm trying to play a single game match, but i'm in the year 500AC and it keeps closing the game, so i just load the game before my last autosave, and i can advance some more turns before it closes again the game. and even if i can advance some turns, its really annoying that for 3 turns i advance i have to repeat 6 turns or 7 for loading a autosaved game. its getting errors now very often. any suggestion so this dont happend so much? should i desactivate any option to improve the game to avoid this errors?

I can't tell you why this is happening so often on your machine. As it seems it is no coding bug. It seems to be a performance problem. So what map size are you using? And how many players have you got? Is BarbCiv enabled? Those are important factors. BarbCiv is still buggy. Found several problems during the development of H++. And Python errors can also slow down the game. But most of them won't crash the game. Okay, the UNIT_AUTOMATIONS bug would do. Are you or another player in the future era? So the broken event could cause random CTDs. You can also try it with unpacked art. But to disable in-game-options makes no sense as all mechanics will keep running in the background.

another annoying thing is that other leaders keeps offering me to introduce me other leaders that i havent met yet, but 4 times each turn, every turn. its also really annoying.thanks for your time

Okay. I can't notice things like that. It's good that you tell me. :goodjob: I'll reduce the contatcs about 50% per DLL change. So the seen chance in CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml is 1:1 to the real chance. The XML tag controlling this feature is
PHP:
				<ContactRand>
					<ContactType>CONTACT_TRADE_CONTACTS</ContactType>
					<iContactRand>XY</iContactRand>
				</ContactRand>

So if we need more changes we will do it their. And if it is too bad in your current game I suggest to disable the contact trade in the diplomacy tab.

So there is like nothing that can be done?

Is there like a stable version of this that I can play? Since I just got into playing and had so much fun and than I hit this and it really ruined my day.

So there is like nothing that can be done?

Is there like a stable version of this that I can play? Since I just got into playing and had so much fun and than I hit this and it really ruined my day.

The best thing you can do at the moment is to use the bug fixes I've told you here in the forum about for 4.29H/H+ or to wait for H++. And don't play with future, too big maps and with BarbCiv disabled. That's the best advice for the moment. And I can offer H++ in two versions with packed art and unpacked art.

But I'm still searching for the technology bug. I'm merging all changes from H+ to H++ at the moment step by step into H+ to find the bug. :sad:

&#8364;: Bug found.

As long as we are on selling contact info, their evaluation of the value of the contact is odd, or rather inconsistent. Civ X will contact me and ask 500 for contact with civ Y. I ask to negotiate, remove the gold from my side, and ask 'what would make this deal work', answer: 50 gold.

Good to hear you found the Tech trade bug, thats an annoying one.

As long as we are on selling contact info, their evaluation of the value of the contact is odd, or rather inconsistent. Civ X will contact me and ask 500 for contact with civ Y. I ask to negotiate, remove the gold from my side, and ask 'what would make this deal work', answer: 50 gold.

Good to hear you found the Tech trade bug, thats an annoying one.

:lol: Afforess :lol: On the list...

What size is XL compared to regular civ sizes? I really just picked at random since I could not find a connection. (My 1st game ever of your mod)

BTW. The mod is amazing but you know.

Can anyone link me to the bug fixes? I mean, I keep all automation off, barb civ is also off. Anything else?

What size is XL compared to regular civ sizes? I really just picked at random since I could not find a connection. (My 1st game ever of your mod)

BTW. The mod is amazing but you know.

Can anyone link me to the bug fixes? I mean, I keep all automation off, barb civ is also off. Anything else?

I think H++ will be available tomorrow. :king:

And XL is the biggest BTS map.

Oh, man. That must be it than. Thanks for your information, I will wait for it.

BTW. What is the equivalent of a Large BTS map? Maybe you could add some note for it into the game?

Also, is there any way to limit how many civs total can be on the world due to revolutions?

I'm having a problem with this mod. It doesn't matter what leader I choose, I will end up with barbarians as a leader, or some other random leader. If I select to not have unrestricted leaders, I will receive a different leader for the nationality than that of the one I chose. From my finite perspective, everything seems to be in line, so I can't figure it out.

I've reinstalled, I've moved the game to desktop to avoid certain security protocols (recommended elsewhere on this website), I run it with administrator approval, and nothing changes. I am using Windows 7 64bit.

I did run it with the debug CvGameCoreDLL.dll, and it says it can not find certain files in C:\Users\thomas\Desktop\CvGameCoreDLL - which is obviously not there. I did just create the destination and copied over the files from the original game directory, but it changed nothing.

EDIT: I posted this elsewhere, before realizing there was a bug section, my apologies for that.

I'm having a problem with this mod. It doesn't matter what leader I choose, I will end up with barbarians as a leader, or some other random leader. If I select to not have unrestricted leaders, I will receive a different leader for the nationality than that of the one I chose. From my finite perspective, everything seems to be in line, so I can't figure it out.

I've reinstalled, I've moved the game to desktop to avoid certain security protocols (recommended elsewhere on this website), I run it with administrator approval, and nothing changes. I am using Windows 7 64bit.

I did run it with the debug CvGameCoreDLL.dll, and it says it can not find certain files in C:\Users\thomas\Desktop\CvGameCoreDLL - which is obviously not there. I did just create the destination and copied over the files from the original game directory, but it changed nothing.

EDIT: I posted this elsewhere, before realizing there was a bug section, my apologies for that.

A guess.

Please check the start up information of CCV. I mean the first pop up when starting a game. (CCV is running with the follwing components: ) Is there a green text "Dynamic Civ Leader"? I think that is the reason why you think that you always start with the wrong leader. :D DCL will make you start with one of the best fitting leaders for the choosen start era. And of course this mod will also change (if possible) the current leader over time in game.
But DCL is optional. So you can turn it off. Please start your game over "custom game" settings. There is a check box for Dynamic Civ Leader.

Good guess?

i cant trade tecnology with any leader, dont know if they have reported already that. its activated the option to trade tecnology, but its also activated only the tecnology u have discovered avaible to trade, and sometimes the other leaders offer me trade tecnology but it isnt an option for me to offer.

i cant trade tecnology with any leader, dont know if they have reported already that. its activated the option to trade tecnology, but its also activated only the tecnology u have discovered avaible to trade, and sometimes the other leaders offer me trade tecnology but it isnt an option for me to offer.

Known and solved. Can even be repaired for running games.

Your guess was WRONG! No I'm joking, it was a good educated guess, though I'm sure I deselected once before, heh. Thanks for the help, now I can enjoy Roosevelt. Also, thanks for keeping Degaule and Roosevelt the same. In Revolutions (which I see some components of in this mod) those two are flipped.

Your guess was WRONG! No I'm joking, it was a good educated guess, though I'm sure I deselected once before, heh. Thanks for the help, now I can enjoy Roosevelt. Also, thanks for keeping Degaule and Roosevelt the same. In Revolutions (which I see some components of in this mod) those two are flipped.

:whew:

Just a question.
Are the XML files for the leader heads same in this mod like in vanilla BTS or are there any lines of code that do not exist in the regular game?

I am asking because I am trying to add some new leader heads into this, they come with pre made XML and all. I added them and they worked just fine in my game, but since the game crashed when it did I wonder if that could be a problem.

PS. If there are differences, will I need to change the leader head files in the modules or will it work without changes?

Top Bottom