Bug reports and technical issues

Because as far as I was able to backtrack the error there was a problem with the unit icon display in the interface. I'll take a look if something's wrong with the Immortal then.
That might be the entire issue with Persia. Because as I stated in a different post above, the unit shows up as a red blob and doesn't have a civilopedia entry (Other than the picture)

The AI is packing cities way too close in the case of the US, so are the Dutch in South Africa

Got this, 3000BC as Germany
file cveventinterface line 23, in onevent
file cvrfceventmanager line 111 in handleevent
file cvrfceventmanager, line 122, i_handledefaultevent
file cvrfceventhandler, line 284, in oncityacquired
file riseandfall, line 1452, in collapsehuman
file riseandfall, line 1474, in exile

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute
'getCivilizationShortDescription

Also, Frances names stayed as Frankish Peoples

China needs confucian buildings for its historical victory, but confucianism was taken out.

Also I feel Confucianism should be kept and Taoism be taken out. Confucianism made much more of an impact.

@Gem Hound: Couldn't reproduce your problem, maybe you downloaded the graphic files incompletely?

@xcrissxcrossx: The Confucian Academy is the Chinese UB in 1.73, so you don't need Confucianism to build it. However, Confucianism will return with 1.8.

My last game as France, Italy spawned in Sicily. I controlled the rest of the Italian peninsula, 3000BC

Roman UP doesn't seem to be triggering for me. Whenever I declare war on a Mediterranean Civilization or get DoWed on, I get no new troops. I do not have the SVN version; the version I am playing is the 1.73.

I forgot to enable it. Download this and unpack it into RFC Dawn of Civilization\Assets\Python.

@Gem Hound: Couldn't reproduce your problem, maybe you downloaded the graphic files incompletely?

@xcrissxcrossx: The Confucian Academy is the Chinese UB in 1.73, so you don't need Confucianism to build it. However, Confucianism will return with 1.8.
Maybe? I'll download it again and cross my fingers hoping it doesn't happen again.
Edit: Also, in my games, Italy wasn't spawning.

Italy doesn't always spawn based on the presence of foreign powers in Italy.

Italy doesn't always spawn based on the presence of foreign powers in Italy.
Do they spawn with Rome still in power? Because that is all that has controlled Italy on my games... That doesn't seem like a foreign country...

No, if Rome is still alive, there'll be no Italy.

Hmm... the fix doesn't seem to work Leoreth. Whenever I start up the Romans, it says "I've been defeated". I tried deleting and re-downloading DoC but the problem is still there. Was this fix by any chance for the SVN version? I have the non-svn DoC 1.73 version btw.

Also how does the Temple of Solomon work? I noticed my shrines are still capped at 20 gold regardless if I play the 600 AD or the 3000 BC scenario. Liberalism was not researched by anyone.

Argh, I mined my attachments for the fix file but apparently got the wrong one. I'll look if I find the correct one and upload it here afterwards.

I'll take a look at the Temple of Solomon as well.

In that version Temple of Solomon became active after Liberalism

Ah, right, thanks for reminding me of that. So you can expect a fix with v1.8.

Did you make an update between saving and loading?

Umm.. Leoreth..
I think I found a bug~

Play as Mongolia
I start at war with the Chinese..
At that time,
China has owned the Tributary State of Korea

The problem is
I am at war with China, but I am not with Korea...
Funny, I am battling against their master, but they don't react anything at all..

IIRC, forget seeing it on DoC or Synthesis, either you or Linkman suggested to add Great General at militaristic civilization at their spawn..
Will that be implemented? :hope:

And, do you add Seljuk to DoC? I think I saw Seljuk Ghulam Warriors at the WB..

Good catch ;) Yes, I will add them.

"Historical" great general spawns always present the problem that they require a much more railroaded game to work, that in itself is not a problem, but there are people who don't like that, at least not always. I've recently thought about this and already plan to include a solution for this dilemma in 1.9.

Top Bottom