Bug reports and technical issues

Looks like it. If that's the case, have you downloaded and installed the patch I've added to the first post in the VD thread?

At least reinstall VD and its patch. You're using the SVN version, could be that one update has overwritten the fix again.

I've reinstalled VD & the patch but I'm still getting the python exception popup.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 39
Okay, another idea: go into Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml and change Congo's ArtStyleType from ARTSTYLE_AFRICA to ARTSTYLE_AFRICAN (or maybe the other way around).

Okay, another idea: go into Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml and change Congo's ArtStyleType from ARTSTYLE_AFRICA to ARTSTYLE_AFRICAN (or maybe the other way around).

I just did a clean install & I've yet to see the problem crop up.

You likely don't hear this enough, but your modmod is awesome & got me playing civ again for the first time since 2007.

That's nice to hear :)

I'm owning Chicago as the Aztecs and used to have 40% culture in Washington's tile (compared to their 47%). However, after a part of my population emigrated to America (AKA Washington city-state, vassal of Siam :rolleyes:) this was reset to 5% my culture and 74% theirs. Is this intended? It's not very fair, for sure.

Hi,

I've tried to download DoC, but when it comes to extracting it, all I get is the attached screenshot, no idea what to do I'm afraid, can anyone help??

Attachments

• civ rhye doc fail.jpg
    civ rhye doc fail.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 66
Which program are you using? Try WinRAR.

It's possible this has been fixed already, but currently enslaving as Portugal requires Autocracy.
EDIT: Actually my SVN didn't completely unpack (because it couldn't move core files or something like that) so I guess I'll just have to reinstall RFC-DoC.
EDITEDIT: Never mind, there is a problem with enslaving units as the Europeans.

A question: when does combat experience start to be gained in order to generate a Great General? I'm playing China, 3000BC, Monarch/Epic, SVN 405, but I cannot gain experience from combat. I've got a 4th level warrior, but no combat experience points counted.

If you want to check it, there are 2 saved from 2 different games. I also tried another 3000BC civ (Babylon), but in this case the combat experience counter works fine

Attachments

• AUT.CivBeyondSwordSave
    102.3 KB · Views: 51
  • LUCK.CivBeyondSwordSave
    111.5 KB · Views: 45
You're fighting barbarians, I assume? They don't give xp towards GGs.

Spoiler :

^From the previous revision.

Started to occur after 15-20 turns, every turn.

I'll commit a fix soon.

I keep getting a flurry of python exceptions. Here three are.
Spoiler :

Also, recently Spain has been settling Leon and not taking Cordoba. I think there should be a 100% chance of war at spawn. One should win. 3 civ Iberia makes Portugal incredibly strong, especially as a player who can take Cordoba.

Thanks, fixed the problems (shouldn't use copypaste so much). Commit may take a while because I've also started with larger changes I'd like to finish first.

Spain spawns right after the Moors now, so an early guaranteed war would just disturb their initial game imo. Maybe I should make a later war a little more deterministic.

Spoiler :

Something is not quite right here...
While I enjoy getting a +67 hidden stability modifier for economy (quite different from the +40 foreign stability hit as Rome/Greece), I suppose this is not the intention.

Top Bottom