Bug reports and technical issues

Sorry, no. I was running a bunch of Portugal starts to find one I liked, and tend not to keep more than one or two saves due to memory issues.

Bugged Portugal start, 3000 BC start
Spoiler :
Initiation Start

Spoiler :
The next turn, it seems that the culture was converted, but the tile didn't change to mine.

Leoreth, the Thai third UHV goal is still bugged (see my post and screenshot in the 1.9 UHV challenge thread). Maybe because you have to control all the water tiles too? The 'Mediterranean exceptions' line a little higher seems to imply that.

No, for some reason I didn't add the Tamils to the exceptions even though I thought I did (Edit: only added them to the display check. Duh). I'll commit the change soon.

So some random civilization built a city exactly at Portugal spawn.

America
India
China
Africa

I'm guessing Arabia or Japan is the culprit; or re-spawned Egypt.
They all like to built random cities at random places.

I'd like to lend a hand somehow in troubleshooting crashes... That being said, I dont have python / c++ programming experience... I do know how to program, just not those particular 2 languages.. What's the best way to help out, if contributors are welcome, that is?

Are there still crashes? And if so, the difficult aspect is not coding but to find the cause for the crash.

It's the year Portugal spawns, 1160 AD. (600 + 76*10)

Epic speed. Not overly familiar with the years since it is only a semi-recent switch.

Well, I've been experiencing "infinite waits" sometimes and the icon turns to the round circle like the one you are going to get in an app when it is about to crash. That being said, maybe I'm not on the right version or something? Not to knock this mod because I love it!

Have you downloaded the mod from the database? Or do you use SVN?

Right. It can't be on Portugal spawn cause I just realized 600 + 760 is 1360

... And I'm supposed to study Mathematics next year :shake:

Good. I can say from my own experience that no self-respecting mathematician can calculate things in his head ;)

Yay! A respawned Egypt...
Spoiler :

Oof. Techs. Could they somehow have a fixed set of those or have exactly what Arabia has/had as I believe it is that they end up surrounded by Independents in some games, giving them "appropriate" techs for the area, resulting in this kind of thing.

Good. I can say from my own experience that no self-respecting mathematician can calculate things in his head ;)

When you have no calculator within reach the amount of effort used to get up and look for it is sometimes bigger than the effort to calculate something in your head. Therefore laziness sometimes forces you to calculate things in your head !

If you're a mathematician you usually don't calculate things anyway.

The Dutch are just sitting in Amsterdam with their settlers and boats.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0037.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0037.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Louis XIV AD-1754 Turn 339.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
Top Bottom