Bug Reports and Technical Issues

I mean where the research is correct given the resources you have available.
Oh, I think it was never correct to begin with. I just didn't notice it right away

Really curious, who is to be released here.

20240318225805_1.jpg

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1878-July Turn 1141.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
What version are you on? I fixed this with the 1.17.3 release, or at least I thought so - if it's still there I will have to look again.

I think 1.17.0 , so yes outdated. Don't use git unfortunately.

If you redownload the installer, it should be 1.17.3 immediately. There should be a patch on the sourceforge page as well. I can't recall if there has been a savegame breaking change, so I don't want to promise anything, but you should be able to update inbetween your next game.

For some strange reason I cannot train Settlers in some of my cities :dunno:

20240328082521_1.jpg

Attachments

• Genghis Khan AD-1396 Turn 782.CivBeyondSwordSave
    972.6 KB · Views: 1
You cannot train settlers on different continents before the discovery of Exploration. Continent boundaries in this game are different than their common definitions. Eurasiafrica is divided into East Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and the rest, which includes Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East.

You cannot train settlers on different continents before the discovery of Exploration. Continent boundaries in this game are different than their common definitions. Eurasiafrica is divided into East Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and the rest, which includes Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East.
Oh, completely forgot about this. Is there any reference map in the mod folder where I could check the exact boundaries, please? On the same note, I feel like historical vs foreign areas for Mongols at least are kind of inconsistent. Herat for example is foreign but other areas of Afghanistan aren't...

There isn't, but the continent boundaries match region boundaries.

That makes you my nightmare player - that kind of detail always gets updated last :) Thanks for noting. Metal Casting used to fill the current position of the Cement tech for a while.

So, apparently, one can trade the existing population for the Advance Start Gold :gold: by right clicking on the newly flipped city, with add culture :culture: button selected. Does this work as intended? One would expect that it is possible to change your mind and go back and forth with your advance point budget, but generating more points/gold by using your population feels like an exploit. Civ like Canada can get almost 3.5k advanced points that way.
New update:
- disabled removing items during advanced start

Hi Leoreth,

Seeing this new update that the removal of items in Advanced Start is not allowed.

I would like to ask that it only affect the removal of population from cities to be able to generate more gold during Advanced Start.

Because there are situations where the AI, before I spawn, applies certain improvements to the tiles in places that are not the most intelligent. (e.g. building forts on tiles with resources, building many farms when I would like just a few, ...) so, I would like to be able to remove these improvments placed in bad locations and then refund some gold to be able to apply improvments that I think are more correct on the ground.
If this is not possible, I would have to take a worker unit to this tile with fort and build a plantation/orchard to replace it, which would delay my development in the game, for example.

Another point is in relation to buildings too. There are times when the AI builds a Levee, in cities where only 2 or 3 tiles will benefit, while in other cities where several tiles would benefit from this building, the AI has not yet built this building.
Or even the fact that the AI builds commercial buildings (market, bank...) in cities that I would not like to generate gold, while in the cities that I would like to generate gold, there are still no such buildings. So for the player it would be interesting to be able to delete buildiings and be refounded during the Advanced Start.

So, I would like to ask if you are going to change this, just restrict the sploit of reducing populations to generate extra gold during the Advanced Start. If not, it is too blocked for the player to make the adjustments he finds interesting during the Advanced Start in relation to buildings/improvments.

EDIT:
Ok, I understand.

Last edited:
No, I deliberately removed the ability to do these things.

Hi Leoreth, I originally posted this report to a thread called "Place to Compare Notes Among Players About Gameplay, Bugs, or Suggestion & Request Before Asking Leoreth". Another poster responded to me, reporting that he also encountered this issue. So without any further ado, I'll just copy and paste the post I made to that thread:

Hi all, necro'ing this thread since I don't think what I'm experiencing is a bug. I'm playing as Italy, and after Portugal asked me to be their master, I was dragged into a war against Spain. Portugal had already lost Lisbon to Spain, so I conquered Lisbon from Spain with the intention of giving it back to Portugal. It wouldn't allow me to do this after I conquered the city, so I first thought I needed to peace Spain and the other countries I was at war with out. I did this, and I still couldn't give Lisbon back to Portugal. I tried waiting around for 10 turns, and that didn't work. I saw on another thread that to give cities back to vassals, you have to do it through the colony screen. I went to the colony screen and was greeted with what you see in the attached screenshot. I can give the city back to Spain, but not Portugal. Is there any legit way to return this city to Portugal? Or do I just have to influence events so that Portugal is the one who marches their units back into Lisbon?

Attachments

• Can't give Lisbon to Portugal.png
    Can't give Lisbon to Portugal.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 30
Please upload a save where this is the case.

Thanks. It might be a while until I can get to this.

Thanks. It might be a while until I can get to this.
Would it help to know that this exact question has been raised before?

Dawn of Civilization General Discussion 9/6/2018
One strange thing I have noticed: once you conquer Lisbon you cant give them back to the portuguese.
The option to grant the city doesnt appear in the trade window,
Nor does the 'liberate city' option from rhe city list screen gives it back to the portuguese. (The option there actually gives Lisbon to the Spanish!)

I have experienced similar stuff with Brazilian Belem and Turkic Merv.

Top Bottom