Bug Reports Center

Confirmed bug with multiplayer pitboss games:

Every time someone logs into the game, a recovery save file is created on the host server. While recieving the game information from the host server (i.e. while logging in), if a player clicks the "X" button to cancel then this brings up a "save error" dialogue on the host server machine. The game then becomes inaccessible to everyone until the host clicks "ok" on this dialogue box. The game is still up and running during this time, it is just that the dialogue box prevents anyone from logging in until "ok" is clicked. This can mean a game is inaccessible for half a day or more due to a silly dialogue box blocking it.

Clearly the solution is to make it so the pointless dialogue box either doesn't appear, or automatically disappears after 1 minute or so, or appears without blocking access to the game for everyone. Obviously it's several years in so I'm not that hopeful a fix will come out, but hopefully someone will see this and bear it in mind anyway.

Civilization IV Beyond the Sword Patch 3.19

Very important:

Bug #1: During multiplayer game the top icon of the city build events (top-right corner of the screen) overlap turn timer. All this icons can be hided only after dealing with events in the predefined game order: move units, select new things to build in the cities. If I select new things to build first this icons wouldn't disappear before I moved all units (the game option "Minimize pop-up's" is on). Only after I moved all units the game realized that there is nothing to select in the cities (all orders I did before) and this icons disappears. It is very important to know how many time left during hard battles and blazing turn timer!

Bug #2: During multiplayer game on the very beginning of each turn the game selects some units. After I move the screen to another position and select another units (it is very important during battles - who will move units first: you or your opponent) the game frequently returns me to the previous screen position and selects the previous units to move them first. Only after deliver an order (sleep/fortify etc.) the screen goes to those units which I need. Another way is to wait 3-5 seconds or just to try a few times until success. At the same time my units were killed because of this bug my reaction wasn't so fast to move them (or to use them to kill some other units which are going to run away).

Bug #3: After Nuke enemy city but before end of explosion visualization opponent can move out units in order to save them and then return back. This is unacceptable.

Minor:

Bug #4: Players' colors could be very similar. It's hard to distinguish them.

Bug #5: If more than one player choose Korea it's impossible to understand this message exactly: "Your Destroyer was killed by Korean Battleship"

Bug #6: deals (for example peace) last 10 turns even on the epic or marathon game speeds. Is it normal?

Bug #7: after selecting a group of workers or a great person on some tile, this group disappeared and run back to the same tile from the sea.

Bug #7: A great person (engineer) drawn on some water tile. I don't know how to reproduce but seems it's very hard.

After 10 years of playing Civilization I can say that Civ4 is the best game ever, but unfortunately first two bugs prevent me to play well during multiplayer games. I'm very upset :sad:

Is it possible to fix that and to release a new patch? Thank you.

Bug #2: In Single Player there is an option in the game options screen to automatically cycle through the units that are in need of commands. It is on by default. I have never played Multi Player, so I don't know if there is a similar option there. If there is, turn it off. It is probably causing your problem.

I have no input on the rest of the bugs cited.

Something that may relate to #2 is the 8-second countdown timer for double moves in multiplayer. If you move a unit near the end of a turn, it won't even be able to be selected at the start of next turn until 8 seconds have elapsed since it moved.

In Next War, (3.19), a large amount workers spawned out of one city. This city on the list of units had one worker shown with no moves, and in the next turn, that worker got moves, and then a new one spawned with no moves... Enter world builder, delete the city and replace it, it stops happening. Still weird.

Second one, Churchill is furious and at war. Enter diplomacy and it displays a file name or something (Likely what it should say for when you open diplomacy). This is after nuking him multiple times, and he is somewhere in the industrial age.

Mad Rubicante, probably best to post this in the official thread/forum for the Next War mod. This thread is intended for bugs with the base game itself - bugs with mods are more likely to get fixed if you let the mod makers know.

Welcome to CFC, by the way. :)

Something that may relate to #2 is the 8-second countdown timer for double moves in multiplayer. If you move a unit near the end of a turn, it won't even be able to be selected at the start of next turn until 8 seconds have elapsed since it moved.

Thank you, PieceOfMind, for the explanation. Could you clarify something concerning other bugs?

Civilization IV Beyond the Sword Patch 3.19

Bug #7: after selecting a group of workers or a great person on some tile, this group disappeared and run back to the same tile from the sea.

I have this occasionally, too; It happens to me especially when I am getting on and off boats, and almost exclusively with civilian units...

Thank you, PieceOfMind, for the explanation. Could you clarify something concerning other bugs?

What do you want me to clarify? I don't necessarily have answers about other bugs.

Hi I played two games recently one on Noble and the other on Prince. After finishing the games they were both listed as Chieftan in the Hall of Fame. Has anyone else had this problem and what can I do about it?

I've had the same problem for months and months now.
Whenever I start a game, I can keep playing without problems until the game crashes.
It always crashes, sometimes at 1700 BC, sometimes earlier or later but I hardly even reach Industrial Era, and never reach Modern Era.

Anyone who has a solution for this problem?
Maybe you'll need a few details .. but i don't think it's caused by my 'bad hardware', because the game isn't very slow or whatever.

(version BTS 3.19)

edit : Operation system : Windows Vista Home premium x64 SP 2

Since you don't give any details, it is hard to say what is happening. However, CIV is known to have memory control problems that were never fixed. Games will crash due to MAF (Memory Allocation Failure). The bigger the map, the more civs on it, and the more hours you have been playing, the more likely it is to happen. It happens more later in the game because the game engine is doing more behind the scenes, as the amount of territory, improvements, and units rises. If this is your problem, there is no fix. The best work around is to set the Autosave to every turn. That way, if it crashes you can reload the last turn and continue playing. That works because quitting and reloading flushes out the memory being used and starts fresh. You can also just quit and reload now and then, after saving the game, to clear it as well.

If this is not your problem, then you need to post more detailed info about what is happening.

Since you don't give any details, it is hard to say what is happening. However, CIV is known to have memory control problems that were never fixed. Games will crash due to MAF (Memory Allocation Failure). The bigger the map, the more civs on it, and the more hours you have been playing, the more likely it is to happen. It happens more later in the game because the game engine is doing more behind the scenes, as the amount of territory, improvements, and units rises. If this is your problem, there is no fix. The best work around is to set the Autosave to every turn. That way, if it crashes you can reload the last turn and continue playing. That works because quitting and reloading flushes out the memory being used and starts fresh. You can also just quit and reload now and then, after saving the game, to clear it as well.

If this is not your problem, then you need to post more detailed info about what is happening.

Thanks for the reply.
But indeed, this is not my problem because, when the game crashes, I always have an AutoSave of it. When I open this AutoSave, the game crashes again after a couple of turns, and at the same point..

And because before I installed the patch 3.19 I never had problems, could this possibly be the cause? I wonder if a clean install would help ..

.. and you ask for details, you mean graphic card and so on?

The information about it never happening before the patch and now being recurrent despite exiting and reloading is the kind of detail that I meant. The behavior changing after the patch argues against a hardware problem.

It could well be that a file got corrupted during the patch installation. A clean install and patch would be worth trying. Before doing that, if you have anything in your CIV documents folder, not the game folder, that you want to keep such as special changes in the CustomAssets or saved game files, copy them to another location so you can put them back into the new installation, after you test it with no changes.

The information about it never happening before the patch and now being recurrent despite exiting and reloading is the kind of detail that I meant. The behavior changing after the patch argues against a hardware problem.

It could well be that a file got corrupted during the patch installation. A clean install and patch would be worth trying. Before doing that, if you have anything in your CIV documents folder, not the game folder, that you want to keep such as special changes in the CustomAssets or saved game files, copy them to another location so you can put them back into the new installation, after you test it with no changes.

I saw , else on this forum, a solution of that "MAF" problem, ..

Will first try a clean install as you mentioned. (and no , got no major changes except that 3.19 patch so that won't be a problem. ) If it still doesn't work after reinstalling the patch I'll try that other solution.

I am playing Gilgamesh on BTS Monarch level. I have researched Code of Laws but there is no courthouse equivalent building available which is irritating.

The Sumerian's have a unique building replacement for the courthouse, the ziggurat. It comes earlier, with priesthood instead of code of laws, and costs 25% less production to build.

My bugs:
MARBLE is not extracted (I have a quarry on marble tile, road, connected cieties but marble is not there.....)
'BUILD ROUTE TO' is not working - workers behave like after 'GO TO' order :/....

Please HELP...

I actually noticed this effect on the other Civ4 games, but I wasnt playing those. I noticed days ago, I prceed to start game, and during the loading, there was no MOUSE CURSOR/POINTER visible on the screen. I move mouse around with hand, and it still doesnt show the pointer moving... however, as if the pointer was there, jus invisible, you can see the selections on the menu highlight, or react, as if they cursor pointer was there. I proceeded in the game, somhow got there using no visible mouse, used the ghost cursor till my selection reacted, and or, I would somtimes use arrow keys to get to selection, pushing Enter to choose. When I finally loaded the saved file for game, there still no visible cursor, pointer, but still reacts if there is one there. Obviously, VERY ANNOYING. This just started in the last coupld days. Ive been playing the game, Civ4 Warlords, for 2-3 months now, hours and hours a day somtimes, and have not seen this problem occur yet. I proceeded to play the other Civ4 games to see if the same problem existed... it does. All the other Civ games are doing the same thing with the mystery mouse.So I proceed to start another game... I try Galactic Civillization, its not affected. The mouse cursor worked fine. Closed that, start Empire Earth III, and no affect, the mouse cursor is working fine. Returned to Civ4 Warlords, NO CHANGE, mouse is still a ghost cursor. I've tried for three days now, closing game, restarting, rebooting computer, shuttin down and leaving off for minutes, hours, days, still to no change in problem. Still just a ghost mouse cursor, ONLY in the Civ 4. i've tried Win updates online. I've tried patch downloads for game, only to have wasted my time with no change... still ghost cursor, ONLY IN game. Cursor does work even on desktop of computer, even when game running, and I ALT/TAB to desktop screen, than back to game, does not work. But would work on desktop in scenario. The mouse is a Logitech M305, USB mini-port pluggin. Not that it would change,who knew, but I've tried changed the location of the USB plug to the.
I'm a die hard Civillization IV Warlord fanatic. I just recently lost a game to cpu opponent beating me in tech race. I sense started a new one, not even 100 turns into. This problem is driving me CRAZY...
Please, anyone with insight of what to do, please advise. I wanna get back on my game. BTW, if I havn't mentioned it yet, sorry. Somone close to me did suggest I uninstall-reinstall game. And save the files of saved game. However... I cannot find the actual hardcase and hard disk, so I dont know how to re-install without having the disk.
Its driving me crazy. Sense I last posted the same message, 3 days now, I'v had 50+ people review my posting, no one replying. I've also tried updating other things on computer, windows, mouse driver, nothing still having effect. I still try to load game, and having no visible mouse cursor. Somone has got to experienced this before, and have a solution... PLEASE REPLY.

It's 1953, I've been playing as Victoria on Price for the entire game. I switch to Universal Suffrage to pay for troops to push my Domination victory over the 64% land area mark. I put my gold slider all the way up, so I'm producing 100% wealth and zero % culture, espionage, and research. And boom! The green wealth ticker says I should be pulling in over 2,000 gold per turn, but at the end of each turn, nothing happens--either no extra gold or an actual DECREASE in the national treasury. In fact, my actual wealth buildup is erratic, sometimes it adds a small fraction of what it should, sometimes nothing, sometimes it subtracts.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that, with over 25 cities in my empire, I have put most of my empire on citizen automation and production automation. Has anyone ever experienced this before?

I have attached a save of my game if anyone wants to take a look and see if the code is messed up. Any help or advice you could offer would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• BABALON AD-1953.CivBeyondSwordSave
    309.3 KB · Views: 193
Top Bottom