Bug Reports Center

Mark T. Kikero,

You have the governors all on automatic and are using Universal Suffrage (US), which allows buying buildings, units, etc. using gold. Your governors are spending your money as they see fit, not as you intend! I looked over all the city production screens, ended the turn and looked again. The missing money was used to complete buildings by the governors. I use BUG Mod, so at the beginning of the turn, a long list of completed buildings scrolled down the area used by BUG for messages. There were not that many buildings one turn away from completion at the end of the prior turn - they were bought using your gold. In general turning on the automatic governors is a mistake. That is what the AIs use and one of your advantages is that you can plan and decide better than the algorithm. Turning it while using US is a huge mistake for the reason you have discovered.

There is no bug, the problem is automated governors.

FWIW, I too am playing BTS 3.19 on a Mac. If you are not using BUG Mod, I highly recommend it. You can download it from the link in the Mac Forum from the BUG sticky. You will find info in there about changing a line or two in the mod to make it work on a Mac. That is easy to do and well worthwhile. After playing with BUG Mod installed, I would never do otherwise. It gives you the interface that should have come with the game. It doesn't change the game at all, just your access to information.

Thank you so much. Usually when I'm at the end of the game and going for a Domination victory I'll turn on governor automation because all I'm focused on is taking over enemy cities and don't want to be burdened with the minutiae of my expanding empire's cities. I honestly hadn't realized that automated governors can spend my gold. Thanks, again, for pointing this out.

And now to try for victory.

Hey guys!

I did not used the search function because I did not found anything already using Google by searching a solution for this bug and so I think that this also hasn't been discussed here so lets tell you what I came across:

Always when I meet Brennus the leader of the Celts he is greeting me by using the name of my civilization! For example when I play the Persians the text in the diplomacy menu sais something like "Hi I'm Brennus the leader of the Persians. My Druids will make a nice festival for this meeting."

This wouldn't be that worse if he wouldn't even steal my place away from the toplists. You know these lists which sometimes pop up and saying something like "Herodot/Homer/Machiavelli etc. fulfilled his list about the most advanced/biggest etc. civilizations". I make you an example for such a list:

Me the persians on place one
Alexander of the greeks on place two
Brennus of the Celts on place three

The problem now is that this is not how the list then show up. When Brennus is in the game the game writes it like this:

Brennus of the celts on place one
Alexander of the greeks on place two
Unknown civilization on place three (which is myself!)

Be advised that I'm not talking about the total highsore! I'm talking about these lists which sometimes pop up to show you if you have the biggest/advanced etc. civilization.

I have the Ultimate version of Civilization 4 and this bug appears with Brennus in Warlords AND Beyond the Sword! A shame that Firaxis never came across this bug. It seems like that the game think that my civilization would be lead by Brennus and in these lists it puts Brennus of the Celts on my place and calls me an unknown civilization and puts me on the place where Brennus has to be.

This bug only happens with Brennus. If Boudicca is the leader of the Celts this bug does not happen with her. I also did not come across this bug with any other civilization or if I play as Brennus myself.

Anybody know a solution? :confused:

I've searched and found no topics similar to the one I'm about to describe. I went to attack a city. Hovered the mouse pointer over the enemy stack in the city and saw a listing of about 20 units on the left side of the screen. The listing extended up the screen, under the Tech/Cult/Esp sliders, and beyond the edge the screen. I could not tell how many more or what type of units awaited me in the city. I attacked and found that there were many more units inside the city that I could not tell were there. Is there a way to scroll up and down the listing of units in a stack when there are so many that they cannot all be shown on one screen?

If this question is in the wrong forum, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Which version of CIV are you using? I recall having that problem in the past but not now. I use the latest version of BTS, 3.19. I don't remember if it was fixed in 3.19 or earlier. Make sure that you are using the latest version.

I use BtS on windows 8.1 (maybe this is the problem?). The loading screen that shows up when entering the game returns after I click on anything in the menu, and then can't be removed.
Spoiler :

Can anyone help please?

I have been playing CIV4BTS scenarios for years - I means years and years. Today, during a scenario, suddenly I saw no units on the map. They are there and I can see them when I click on a city but I can't see them on the map. I have rebooted, changed options and rebooted, returned graphics to original settings and rebooted but somehow those units have disappeared. Any ideas?

EDIT - I eventually found the answer under Technical support. Apparently I must have hit one of the map edit buttons, just had to rehit it. Third one from the left over the minimap.

Minor graphical glitch, look at the aqueduct

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 258
TheSunIsDark,

That is not a glitch. Aqueducts routinely get hooked up to ridiculous places. Put that up in the Funny Screenshots thread instead!

Definitely a glitch, camel archers don't get defensive bonuses

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 297
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 250
The camel archer is not getting a bonus. The amphibious landing in red, indicates a penalty to the knight, not a bonus for the camel archer. It isn't a defensive bonus, it is an offensive penalty, which applies to all units doing amphibious landing assaults, unless they have the attack across water promotion, which marines and bersrkers get from their beginning. Anyone else has to choose it as a promotion once the combat line of promotions is opened by the first combat promotion.

The camel archer is not getting a bonus. The amphibious landing in red, indicates a penalty to the knight, not a bonus for the camel archer. It isn't a defensive bonus, it is an offensive penalty, which applies to all units doing amphibious landing assaults, unless they have the attack across water promotion, which marines and bersrkers get from their beginning. Anyone else has to choose it as a promotion once the combat line of promotions is opened by the first combat promotion.

Red just signifies that the defence gets the bonus. The second one shows that it doesn't happen across a river.

You misunderstand. Attacking across water causes a 50% penalty for all attackers that do not have the needed promotion. It has nothing to do with the defender. I only cited the color to call your attention to it, not to imply that the color meant something. This is even one of the few details laid out in the otherwise rather non specific manual.

You don't see it in the second image because the movement "calculator" does a lousy job of figuring movement bonuses and penalties. In this case, crossing the first river will cause a movement penalty that will use up the attacker's movement factors, so it will not actually be able to attack, which is why the "odds" shown don't include the cross river attack penalty, since it won't happen on this turn.

In this case, crossing the first river will cause a movement penalty that will use up the attacker's movement factors, so it will not actually be able to attack, which is why the "odds" shown don't include the cross river attack penalty, since it won't happen on this turn.

Rivers do not affect movement, except reducing road movement bonuses pre-construction. Knights have 2 movement, so I can attack that turn.

Definitely a glitch, camel archers don't get defensive bonuses
The second one is the glitch in fact, it displays false odds.

About the first pic, attacking from a ship causes a 50% penalty to the attacker, but all modifiers except Combat line promotions are applied to the defender so your 50% penalty is their 50% buff. Its weird I know but its how it works.

The river thing is because the planned target is more than one tile away, it has nothing to do with the movement of a unit. The bug in play is that the combat odds indicator doesn't correctly assess the impact of river crossings when plannning an attack route from more than one tile away, if you instead had moved one tile at a time you would have seen the Camel Archer have "+25% from crossing river" due to your Knights river crossing penalty. Some pictures to illustrate.

Picture 1 showing true odds
Spoiler :

Picture 2 showing falsely displayed odds from 2 tiles away.
Spoiler :

Should really have used an attacker and defender of different base :strengths: to highlight my first sentance but oh well.

Some weird ones, not sure if the 1st and second are glitches:

Here I was attacking a grenadier with a redcoat, which replaces the rifleman. Grenadier's getting no +50% for attacking a rifleman replacement. Might be a glitch, might be an additional benefit.

Here, does it generate artists or engineers?

Hey, my name isn't #CT_NAME !

Here I was attacking a grenadier with a redcoat, which replaces the rifleman. Grenadier's getting no +50% for attacking a rifleman replacement. Might be a glitch, might be an additional benefit.
Not a glitch nor a benefit. The Grenadiers bonus against Rifles only applies when the Grenadier is attacking the Rifle, here the Rifle would be attackign the Grenadiers. Hence the tooltip wording Attack vs Rifleman.
Here, does it generate artists or engineers?
Its a text error, Kremlin gives Artists in Vanilla. In cases like this the bracketed bit following the :gp: symbol will be correct rather than the text in Sid's Tips as its taken directly from the building XML stats.
Hey, my name isn't #CT_NAME !
Unless you changed the name to something containing an illegal character I have no clue what could cause this.

Unless you changed the name to something containing an illegal character I have no clue what could cause this.

I had the same name all game, functioning properly all other times, and I don't think letters are illegal characters.

Top Bottom