Bug Thread - Master of Mana Xtended 3.0

Psychodad

Chieftain
I get a repeatable CTD after this turn.

EDIT:
Mod located at "E:\Spiele2\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Master of Mana"

Saves located at "C:\Users\nils\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Saves\single"

Attachments

• nils AD-0064.CivBeyondSwordSave
    166.7 KB · Views: 129
AI Civ starting on a Lost Temple (and then probably also if on any other spot unable to place a City on) does not move to find a plot for their starting city. (Os-Warga of the Sheaim, far to the east on the continent).

Same save: Why is not Clan of Embers spreading at all?

You can really see though how (I think that has a lot to do with it anyway) the very much higher Maintenance costs for 11+ pop size of cities hampers the AI while letting a careful player staying below 11 pop can expand a lot more cities in that save.

Installed in /Master of Mana

Attachments

• Thessa MoM X3.CivBeyondSwordSave
    903.2 KB · Views: 121
There is a big problem guys, making savegames require your mod folder to be named the same as mine for me to open them, for example.

Which makes sending save games and opening them very complicated stuff, also as I have 10 million versions of master of mana installed this might make it even worse.

So, type what folder you have installed the mod into, that will be the mod name, then I can make a similar one to open it with debug dll or something.

I think you can make a file that points to several names when running your own so that you can load saves started from any kind of mod name.
Someone in the Caveman2Cosmos mod stated that at some point at least.

I think you can make a file that points to several names when running your own so that you can load saves started from any kind of mod name.
Someone in the Caveman2Cosmos mod stated that at some point at least.

If you can find this info I would be grateful, a quick search yesterday got me nothing :(

This is what I found:

Start a command prompt. Cd to your mods folder. Type the following:

Code:
Mk ink /J "caveman to cosmos v20" "caveman2cosmos"
(assuming your folder is 'caveman2cosmos'). This creates a directory join (a kind of alias) so that the content of 'caveman2cosmos' also appears under 'caveman to cosmos v20'. There is only one real copy though, so if you modify it in either it will change in both - it just provides a synonym in naming terms for file paths.

I have about a dozen aliases like this because of all the variety of names peope use and send me save games for.

Also, to avoid having to reload when you specify the save to load you can change the mod name in your INI file before launching bts.

Hope you understand it because I do not.

This is what I found:

Hope you understand it because I do not.

Thanks man, that is what I need.
But with this, it still would help if you write what your mod folders name is, so I don't have to open the big savegame in notepad++ and find the mod name (it is readable in the file actually)

Thanks man, that is what I need.
But with this, it still would help if you write what your mod folders name is, so I don't have to open the big savegame in notepad++ and find the mod name (it is readable in the file actually)

The MkLnk did not work for me, at least not starting the mod in debug mode. Not sure why, the commandpromt understands the link, but not when I launch the studio with it...

Hi
Just installed Civ4/BtS on 2 Pc´s . Same Disc , same downloads for your required mod , both win 7. Everything completely the same , connection via direct ip / hamachi and the game says after the connection of the second player that he got another version of the game. the name is highlighted in the gamestartmenue with "MOD name" .
We can start the game and it instantly goes desync . If the second player tryes to reconnect to correct the desync the game crashes for the second player. Tried this both ways both time same outcome.
I got absolutly no clue why we should have different versions of the game and why it always goes insta desync after starting the game.

The health bonus from forests is not calculatet correctly. Pedia says 0,5 health per forest, actual bonusses vary.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• mom_forest_bug.jpg
    mom_forest_bug.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 759
I'll check on the forest health bonus.

As soon as i chop down a forest, the correct health bonus apply. I think the health bonus was not recalculatet after the borders expandet, but i am not sure...

Endless waiting on anemy turn caused by Lucian Coldiron.
Spoiler :
Savegame is atteched. Mod located at "E:\Spiele2\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Master of Mana"

Playing with Amurites and building Govanon(?) the Hero, i recived an adventurer for free.

Playing Dural and building Tribute for local Legend i recived 2 adventurers. One of them is upgradable to Carped Rider, Vanguard(13 Base Str) or Lancer(16/12 Base Str) for 335 Gold. Seem a bit OP for me. The other adventurer is not upgradeble.

Attachments

• Lucian Coldiron.jpg
    Lucian Coldiron.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 977
  • nils AD-0181.CivBeyondSwordSave
    210.6 KB · Views: 113
1) Amurites receives adventurer after building Govannon is part of their Epic Destiny. I think the Dural gets one when completing the Local Legend. There are lots of things that need to be reworked on ED, maybe at summer I will have time to work on this (crossing fingers...)

2) Adventurers should be upgradeable to various civ unique units, according to their Origins/Race. They need to be at level 3 (or 4?) and will cost some gold.

1) Ok, so the Amurites adventurer is a feature, not a bug.

2) Dural issue: I mistook. Got the two Adventurers at researching Warriors Caste, not after compleating the local Legend building. Both lvl 1 but only one has the option to upgrade him to the before mentioned units (whitch are unique Malakim units?). I think that is a bug.

3) Vampiric Sword (+40% Attack, heal after combat) can always be bought for Heroes for 400 metal. I think there should be some technological or guild requirements for such a mighty weapon.

2) Dural: ah yes, Dural getting two adventurers after researching Warrior Caste is a bug related to them not using unit roster mechanic yet.
However, each Adventurer should be upgradeable to high tier units, that is Adventurer's unique ability. What is the race/origin of the Adventurer that can not be upgraded? You can see it in the top-left corner of the unit's info panel, near its name, if you still have the game.

3) Yes, Vampiric Sword should require Rage and should be Exotic Weapon (only units with certain Discipline can use it). Will be fixed in the next version.

I see. The one adventurer whitch is upgradable has origin Malakim, therfore he can be upgraded to unique malakim units (still he could be upgraded even though he was level one and i didn´t satisfy any of the requirements (technologie, recources) of the units). The other adventurer whitch has origin Grigori is not upgradeble at all, even not at higher levels. Maybe the upgrade is tied to a specific, technologie or guild?

Attached save. Mod located at "E:\Spiele2\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Master of Mana"

Attachments

• nils AD-0062.CivBeyondSwordSave
    265.2 KB · Views: 121
Hi all, I decided to try MoMX 3.0 after a long while away from this mod-branch, and I really enjoyed my first 100-odd turns at the Malakim. I get repeatable CTDs, though, when moving forward after a certain point. I have attached two autosaves here that reliably CTD within 1-5 turns on my machine, in case it helps in tracking some things down.

Either way, I really like what I see going on here so far!

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0116.CivBeyondSwordSave
    186.1 KB · Views: 109
  • AutoSave_AD-0120.CivBeyondSwordSave
    192.2 KB · Views: 104
Hi! This bug, probably, is in each game. Now has understood why some AI so quickly achieve success. It spoilt to me all impression from the magnificent patch. And here - happens with me!

Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG

Such too often happens. 52000 % against mounted, recon and archery units.
:crazyeye:

Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG

So, the bug are:
1) Sidar gets hundreds of free citizens, increasing their economy tremendously.
2) 5200% modifier for the goblin units

Those are strange bug, I never encounter both of them.

Could you reinstall Master of Mana (into a new folder is fine if you want to keep the current installation) and reinstall the newest Xtended on it? Maybe this will fix the bug?

Top Bottom