Bug Thread - Master of Mana Xtended 3.0

Hiring mercenaries doesn't seem to be working. Selling slaves doesn't give money after the first upgrade. I also can't build forts or watermills.

So, the bug are:
1) Sidar gets hundreds of free citizens, increasing their economy tremendously.
2) 5200% modifier for the goblin units

Those are strange bug, I never encounter both of them.

Could you reinstall Master of Mana (into a new folder is fine if you want to keep the current installation) and reinstall the newest Xtended on it? Maybe this will fix the bug?

So I did. But this madness continues :mad:

Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG

:crazyeye:

That is crazy. I will run several games with the Sidar to check.

The problem is not only with the Sidar. I have seen huge advances in the other games in the AI (Elohim and Hippus) that can not be explained. MoM and MoM Хtended. I do not know why. In other mods and vanilla all right.

I can not replicate this bug in several tests that I have run.

Maybe try Play Now when starting Xtended will help?

Sorry for not being able to help, I truly have no idea what caused this bug.

I can not replicate this bug in several tests that I have run.

Maybe try Play Now when starting Xtended will help?

Sorry for not being able to help, I truly have no idea what caused this bug.

This bug was already, apparently, in my МОМ. :sad: Xtended nothing to do with. Sorry for troubling.

The description of the charmed effect says "is dispellable", but the dispell magic spell has no effect.

If its not dispellable and has only 20% chance wearing off each turn, its a bit OP.

I can confirm this bug does happen in my games, however it usually is not city related. Some barbarian unit or two on the map ends up getting +5000 to melee/recon/mounted/ranged and becomes practically impossible to kill.
If removed from the game, the game crashes on next turn.
Edit: It might have something to do with the memory optimizer.

Illian Combat Aura works against enemies; most effects correctly reduce enemy power, but it also boosts cold resistance of enemies. Is this intended or a bug?

This bug was already, apparently, in my МОМ. :sad: Xtended nothing to do with. Sorry for troubling.

I have the exact same problem (I guess), see main Xtended Thread page 17.

As I'm totally inept with code, I have to rely on the help of others to get to the root of the problem. Cehuen, if you manage to find a solution/workaround for this, I'd appreciate a tip that might point me in the right direction. Reinstall is probably out, cause if I remember correctly, base civ and Mom/Xtended were clean installs not too long ago (this year).

I have the exact same problem (I guess), see main Xtended Thread page 17.

As I'm totally inept with code, I have to rely on the help of others to get to the root of the problem. Cehuen, if you manage to find a solution/workaround for this, I'd appreciate a tip that might point me in the right direction. Reinstall is probably out, cause if I remember correctly, base civ and Mom/Xtended were clean installs not too long ago (this year).

I honestly don't know what is wrong with your games, I have never managed to reproduce this bug. :confused:

Did you guys maybe play another mod before playing MOM? If yes, maybe a setting from the other mod interferes with MOM. I suggest to start a new game, choose Play Now! and exit the game to Main Menu before starting a Custom Game. That will reset the settings.

If someone else has any suggestion on this issue, any help will be appreciated! :)

The description of the charmed effect says "is dispellable", but the dispell magic spell has no effect.

If its not dispellable and has only 20% chance wearing off each turn, its a bit OP.

There is a problem with Dispel Magic : it only works when targeting a hostile tile.

We are looking for a new mechanism for Dispel Magic.

I honestly don't know what is wrong with your games, I have never managed to reproduce this bug. :confused:

Did you guys maybe play another mod before playing MOM? If yes, maybe a setting from the other mod interferes with MOM. I suggest to start a new game, choose Play Now! and exit the game to Main Menu before starting a Custom Game. That will reset the settings.

If someone else has any suggestion on this issue, any help will be appreciated! :)

Would it be of any help if I post a savegame when it happens again? I don't save manually, but at least I could provide the state at turn 0 and a couple of turns before the AI wins the game.

AI Lucian causes endless end of turn. Fixed by going to World Building and killing their Hero =(

I just decided to try out this modmod and... here I got a fresh 2015 update. Awesome!

Big thanks to modders and contributors.
I already spent about... hm... the whole day on the mod before posting, and it's AWESOME!

:cool:

edit: upse posted in the wrong thread, happens when I open too many tab and get lost.

I found bug, I think. The Bannor champion unit, The Captain, gains no experience and can purchase no promotions. Possibly a file or two not loading properly or something else?

Update: I found the problem. The entry for the Captain unit in the XML file is missing the following tag: <Combat>UNITCOMBAT_MELEE</Combat>

No combat type, no promotions apparently. Probably common knowledge for modders but news to me.

The file with the error is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Master of Mana\Assets\Modules\NormalModules\Xtended\XXRooster\XRBANNOR_CIV4UnitInfos.xml

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom