Bugged Fall Further Save or my system?

Willgar

Prince
Could somebody try the attached Fall Further save game please. Keeps crashing on my system and trying to work out if it my computer or a game bug. The crash occurs when i click end turn.

I have a fresh XP install with no other apps. Followed by a fresh install Civ 4 / BTS (all patches) FfH2 (to current patch) then Fall Further (to current patch) but still getting issues with unrecoverable save games / random crashes in both FfH2 and Fall Further. Any help gratefully received.

Attachments

• will AD-0290.CivBeyondSwordSave
    311.2 KB · Views: 54
Thanks Xien - this is so frustrating :( I now have a separate boot partition and a completely clean install of OS and CiV stuff and still getting problems - I just don't know what to try next? any suggestions? My auto save game is set to every turn - could this be an issue?

Checked for the most up-to-date drivers? A CTD is quite often something to do with graphics or sound.

Thanks Tarquelne - will try that next (although i have updated both my Nvidia, Direct X drivers recently - maybe i try some older versions)

I have reinstalled graphic drivers, checked all civ and Ffh / FF patches. Disabled sound, reduced graphic settings, run in both windows and full screen, turned off acceleration features, tried moving different units before the save... still same result.

As i have auto save each turn now - attached is a save game that crashes when you try and open it - was wondering if somebody could test it for me please?

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0291.CivBeyondSwordSave
    311.7 KB · Views: 50
In an act of desperation, i have gone into world editor and randomly started erasing things (units, cities etc) and trying to carry on. First attempt (destroting all my cities except for capital) still resulted in a crash. However, my last attempt (erasing every city on the map except for 1 of mine and 1 rival) allowed me to carry on without a crash.

What does this mean - is there an event that is happening on that turn that is causing the CTD?

Well, if it was a guarantee before the mass erasing spree, and you were able to play fine after it, then there is indeed something happening to cause the crash. So now try leaving in the entire Civilization for the rival you had left alive last time. Then add back another Civ and another. When you finally get the crash again, reload one more time and delete only that Civ. If the game doesn't crash, then you have it narrowed down to 1 civ. So the next step is to delete all his units only, and see if that clears the crash. If not, delete all but one of his cities. If not then, delete all but a different one of the cities. If still not, then let us know none of that worked.

If one of those does clear the crash, then go back and delete less of whatever item it was, just like with deleting entire civs. Try to work it down to a single Civ or City.

EDIT: And your latest Save Posted worked fine for me. Sorry :(

Are random numbers locked to my machine and the save game fike? What i mean is, if somebody else loads my saved game, are the events gauranteed to happen the same as if it was loaded on my machine?

Also, is there a way to stop all events from taking place?

Someone else should get the exact same random numbers that you do until the point where player input is required. Unless you checked the "New Random Seed on Reload" option that is.

To stop all events from happening, there is a game option (must select it at the start of the game) to disable them. It is about in the middle of the list.

Thank you Xien - i only have 5 races in my current game and through a process of world builder deletion i have narrowed it down to just one. Now going through stacks of units and city deletions now...

Top Bottom