Buying Colonization, Spore, Both, or Neither?

Will you buy (or did you buy) Colonization, Spore, Both, or Neither?

• Total voters

thelibra

Future World Dictator
I was originally going to just make this "Spore or Colonization?" but I reckon it's not fair to limit people to my financial situation. Do you plan on buying Colonization, Spore, both, or neither, and why (or why not)?

I ask because I can only afford one in the near future, and it's gotta last me till Fallout 3 comes out. So far I'm leaning towards Colonization, but wanted to get some other input before I commit to a decision.

Spore is quite shallow. I played every stage 2-3 Times, but for me it doesn't really fit my idea of fun - the games you do are just a striped down RTs-parts mixed with some jump and run. I was really looking forward to Spore, but it's just too much like the Sims in reality, i.e. there is no depth or real game to it. I'd definitely buy Colonization, it will certainly offer more replay value. All just my opinion, of course ;).

Maybe a forum dedicated to Colonization is the wrong place to ask :p

But as for me, I will only get Colonization. I have no interest in playing spore at the moment. I have heard it's a pretty great game though, but nothing that can't wait till I have the energy and time for that game.

Maybe a forum dedicated to Colonization is the wrong place to ask :p

Well, it was that or the forum dedicated to Spore. :lol:

All the Reviews I've read of spore so far say that, as a technological innovation, and insofar as advancements made in the name of gaming go, that Spore is a 10/10... but as a game, it's really more of a high 8 or a low 9.

So it doesn't seem a total wash, but does seem like Colonization has the chance to beat it out for my scant few dollars.

I wanted to get it, but the obscene copy protection scheme will not touch my computer. Besides that, the review I read indicated it would hold my interest for one or two games and then I'd probably give it to a 4yo. I tolerated the Sims for a couple hours. Love Sim City 2000, couldn't get Sim City 4 to do what I wanted but I can see it's got the potential to be good. Spore, I'm pretty sure I'll skip, unless a friend makes me try it on his computer.

I can't say I'll get Col4 either, because if it's screwed up like Pirates was, I'll just cry.

So where's the IDFK choice?

I'll have Colonization as soon as I can get it. I really think I want to try spore but $50 dollars to install it 3 times. I can't see that, especially if an upgrade counts as an install. I play with my computers too much. I'd spend more time trying to get activations than playing the game.

Plus there is this little point, or principle. When I buy a game, after I pay for it, I own it.
At least that copy of it.

I thought Spore was quite boring, unless designing new creatures itself is fun for you. Anything apart from the goofing around is quite boring and I thought it to be repetitive even after one hour with the game. I think it could capture my interest for maybe an hour or two, then I never need to see that game ever again.

Col only here. :)

I'll buy both (eventually)

call me weird but I have Spore now, and me and my daughter are definitely enjoying it. It is a shallow game compared to even CivRev, and I'm sure I'll get bored with it after a few months or so, but it's nice to have something that I can enjoy with my girl.

I'll only buy Col for now. I notice that games are becoming like movies (see it in a theatre on release, or wait for the DVD). Some games look good, but I'll wait for the Game of the Year or GOLD or cheaper edition much later.

Heavy handed DRM = no purchase from me.

Disk in the drive = not a problem.

So, though I would like to try out both games, only Colonization gets my money.

I think Colonization will last you for a long long time (think civ4)

Spore however.....

No interest in Bore.

Can't obtain Colonization fast enough.

I anxiously await the release of Colonization.

But I will never buy Spore due to its DRM and SecuROM.

Top Bottom