[BXP][Module] Native Civs Pack for BAT

Strat, you can get the file "eyeshadow.dds" from almost any leaderhead. Most of the LHs from Vanilla, Warlords and BtS have it. Just get it from there.

Capo, check your PM box ;)

Now, back on topic. I don't have Col, but I'll see if I can rip the LHs from another mod to include with the pack. My intention was to wait to add those until I was adding the Tupi, as I was hoping to get a lot of material from Col for that, too.

Keep the comments coming :)

looks like an awesome addition, I've been waiting for more true NA civs. I got one problem though I can't play it, I tried switching the modular thing from 0 to 1, but it didn't work and I can see it in my in game mods menu but thats it. any other suggestions?

I actually noticed that this mod was for Varietas Delectat, so I'm downloading that now and I'll see if that works (I'm a bit computer illiterate lol), yeah the new civs didn't show.

Hm, that's odd. Varietas Delectat comes complete with an INI that enables modular loading, so I think that should solve all of the problems. I'm probably going to add a page saying that it's required to the installer. Would that have helped if it had been there, do you think?

Welcome to the forums, by the way! :D

I just wanted to let you guys know that (once I'm finished with the module pack I'm working on and get back to LHs) I am giong to improve upon this Hiawatha LH and I have another one I am going to work on with NikNaks which I will keep as a surprise. So hopefully this thing can be updated soon. I have also created an apache unit set that I will release with my mod, here's an image.

Spoiler :

Its not entirely finished, but close to it. Just wanted to see what you guys thought. The flag was made by MadmanOfALeader (although I think its just the Col flag now that I think about it, but he made a button and came up with the colors and stuff). You may wonder why the colors look so similar to the Native American colors, in my mod they are different so it won't be a problem and I made this civ for my mod.

EDIT: The guy in the American uniform is their UU.

awsome! I got it up, thanks for the help, and thanks for the welcome! great work on the mod
No problem! Glad you like it. :goodjob:
I just wanted to let you guys know that (once I'm finished with the module pack I'm working on and get back to LHs) I am giong to improve upon this Hiawatha LH and I have another one I am going to work on with NikNaks which I will keep as a surprise. So hopefully this thing can be updated soon. I have also created an apache unit set that I will release with my mod, here's an image.

Spoiler :

Its not entirely finished, but close to it. Just wanted to see what you guys thought. The flag was made by MadmanOfALeader (although I think its just the Col flag now that I think about it, but he made a button and came up with the colors and stuff). You may wonder why the colors look so similar to the Native American colors, in my mod they are different so it won't be a problem and I made this civ for my mod.

Ooooh! Shiny! I don't have a custom Artstyle for the Apaches, so I'm going to nab that :D
Excellent!
I'm really looking forward to your work, I think NikNaks and you will complement each other nicely!
We're already teaming up on another civ. Watch this space. :mischief:

Spoiler :

man I made a monster! All those days getting you up on blender were definetely worth it! great job! :goodjob:

I really like the idea of the two tribes (Sioux and Iroquois) to replace the current "Native American" - I think four tribes is too much though.

So, the Blitz promo is meant to be useful with Woodsman II (double movement in Forest/Jungle)? Instead of 25% Forest Attack bonus maybe they should get Woodsman I at start?

Does the Chief's Hut replace the same building as the totem pole? Also, why was the totem pole taken out?

Does the Chief's Hut replace the same building as the totem pole? Also, why was the totem pole taken out?

Most likely because totem poles dont have anything to do with the sioux or Iroquois or the other two tribes in the pack. Thats a pacific northwest indian thing. It would be silly for any of these tribes to have a UB that was built only by a different peoples over 1000 miles away. I dont know if any one has done a Pacific tribe yet.

Most likely because totem poles dont have anything to do with the sioux or Iroquois or the other two tribes in the pack. Thats a pacific northwest indian thing. It would be silly for any of these tribes to have a UB that was built only by a different peoples over 1000 miles away. I dont know if any one has done a Pacific tribe yet.
:goodjob: Bang on. I am planning to make a Pacific tribe at some point or another.
Some things:
1. Where's Sitting Bull with Sioux?
:confused: I don't understand what you mean.
2. Hiawatha has been finished, so you could update it.
In due course ;)
3. What about adding new civ Choctaw with Tuskaloosa as their leader. Or adding him to Cherokee (not quite accurate though).
4. Toltecs with Ce Acatl Topiltzin as their leader.
Maybe. It might be a little outside the scope of this particular mod, but as separate additions, I'll certainly consider them.

First of all I like the expansion...its always seems odd to have a generic "native american" civ, considering how many different Indian tribes there are in America.

I would like to make a suggestion for any interested modmakers; how about a "Viking expanded" civpack? As one poster's sig noted Viking is not a civ. I suggest replacing it with Norway and add Sweden and Denmark...maybe Finland too.

First of all I like the expansion...its always seems odd to have a generic "native american" civ, considering how many different Indian tribes there are in America.

I would like to make a suggestion for any interested modmakers; how about a "Viking expanded" civpack? As one poster's sig noted Viking is not a civ. I suggest replacing it with Norway and add Sweden and Denmark...maybe Finland too.

Well, there are plenty of Sweden, Denmark and Finland mods out there. In fact I have made all of those civs along with LHs for them (Gustav Adolph, Christian IV and Urho Kekkonen actually). I would certainly say there is a difference between the Vikings as a civ and the Native Americans. For one not every Native American tribe had contact with the others, and their religions and customs were quite different whereas the Viking Kingdoms generally shared the same belief structure and customs, their languages were much more similar than the swath of Native American tribes and they had similar economic systems and traded with one another.

Having said that, I would also not really call Sweden, Denmark and Finland (certainly not Finland) "Viking" countries, at least not in the sense of what the Vikings are intended to represent in Civ IV.

But anyway, I have made all of those civs (except Norway), so I can post them back up again for you and give you a link. They aren't up right now because FileFront is lame.

Well, there are plenty of Sweden, Denmark and Finland mods out there. In fact I have made all of those civs along with LHs for them (Gustav Adolph, Christian IV and Urho Kekkonen actually). I would certainly say there is a difference between the Vikings as a civ and the Native Americans. For one not every Native American tribe had contact with the others, and their religions and customs were quite different whereas the Viking Kingdoms generally shared the same belief structure and customs, their languages were much more similar than the swath of Native American tribes and they had similar economic systems and traded with one another.
OK thanks for clarifying that point. It just seemed to me that a "Viking Civ" would be as generic a term as "Native American Civ".

Having said that, I would also not really call Sweden, Denmark and Finland (certainly not Finland) "Viking" countries, at least not in the sense of what the Vikings are intended to represent in Civ IV.
Good point.

But anyway, I have made all of those civs (except Norway), so I can post them back up again for you and give you a link. They aren't up right now because FileFront is lame.
I would appreciate it if you post Sweden....as a student of Military History, I read up on the Lion of the North's military career so I would like to play as him....I downloaded a couple of your Civpacks a while back but I accidentally deleted then during a file cleaning.:eek:

Top Bottom