By-pass Webpage "copy/paste disabled"?

10Seven

Intolerant of Intolerance
Since I've been trying to locate some maps - and having come across a net source for them, I am again frustrated.

The maps are certainly 'public domain' - they are not covered by copyright, and no copyright's are allowable.

The source I have located prevents copy and paste of the images - falsely citing copyright ownership of the images.

I understand there is a workaround, so that I could copy and paste despite this?

View source --> Find the image URL --> copy and paste that URL into your browser --> Copy and save that image --> If re-using that image for any website or public use, be sure to give proper credit to the source of the images.

:) Thanks for your help.

Another (less quality, usually, but still works) trick is to take a screenshot of the screen with the image, open paint or some program, and crop it down to that image.

Sometimes they are sloppy. You can right click on the image and hold it, when the notice comes up, press enter to remove it (still holding the right mouse button), then release the right mouse button. Sometimes it works. I can't really see the point of people doing that to images, it's not like it's hard to work around.

The Person said:
There's another way, but it's certainly not as neat as the mentioned one. You just download the page (File -> Save Page as...)

Edit: And of course, you browse (in your hard drive) for the picture afterwards.
That's somewhat redundant since the browser cache saves the images anyhow and you can probably browse through that for it without needing to save it. Of course, it's usually a pain in the ass to browse through those files, so this might be easier for some.

About the right clicking thing - that works to an extent and there's another crude way to do it: If you have a keyboard with the Windows keys built-in, you will want to hover your mouse over the image and then try hitting the right click key on your keyboard (usually located between the start button and right ctrl button) - then you should be able to actually bypass the protection also.

Top Bottom