C2C-Cambrian to Caveman (Caveman2Cosmos "unofficial" Expansion Pack 2)

Well... its a bit off topic for our mod at the moment but perhaps down the road. And I've always wanted to work out a game much like this Cambrian suggests at some point. So such a spreadsheet would eventually be a great resources.

So'll do as soon as I can, I will try as soon as possible to translate, but my English is bad :))) So, when will publish here a table - it would be better to check :)

If anyone cares, before I modded for Civ4 I made a series of Spore adventures called "PaleoQuest"

PaleoQuest - Cambrian Explosion

PaleoQuest - Silurian Period

PaleoQuest - Devonian Period

PaleoQuest - Late Devonian

PaleoQuest - Carboniferous

PaleoQuest - Permian Period

PaleoQuest - Late Permian Period

PaleoQuest - Triassic Period

PaleoQuest - Late Triassic

PaleoQuest - Jurassic Period

PaleoQuest - Cretaceous Period

PaleoQuest - Paleocene Epoch

PaleoQuest - Eocene Epoch

PaleoQuest - Oligocene Epoch

PaleoQuest - Miocene Epoch

PaleoQuest - Pliocene Epoch

PaleoQuest - Late Pliocene Epoch

I never finished it but you do follow the following path ...

Haikouicthys -> Cephalaspis -> Eusthenopteron -> Hynerpeton -> Petrolacosaurus -> Pelycosaur -> Phthinosuchus -> Cynognathus -> Adelobasileus -> Megazostrodon -> Eomaia -> Plesladapis -> Aegyptoprthecus -> Proconsul -> Sahelnuthropus -> Ardipthecus -> Austrolopithecus

I was going to have 2 more episodes with Homo erectus and then Homo spaien, but never got around to doing it. I also realize I skipped the Ordovician Period and some of the species you play are not not direct ancestors (ex. I think Proconsul is on a slightly different branch than us for early primates) but overall I tired to make them as accurate and fun as possible.

So if anyone still have Spore and the expansion Galactic Adventures you might want to try out these.

hmm... took a look.

You've got me thinking more about this. I've been considering a similar type of game since before I started playing Civ I. And now that you're proposing some of these things it reminds me a bit of how I'd go about it. I certainly would make a LOT more complex tree and I'd use distinctly differing 'research' paths to work with 'evolution' of the player's species.

Truth be told, this game would probably be better expressed via the eventual AXXXE program. Therefore, I'd urge you to consider the design of the game somewhat free of the constraints of the Civ engine. You won't HAVE to go about things with all the same base concepts such as cities, etc. In the meantime, if you were to be able to draw a very complete flowchart of evolutionary pathways and place the lifeforms that took place along that flowchart, you'd really have the basis of the beginnings of such a game... and such a game could be beyond awesome and could lead into and through the civilization-like core AXXXE game that will likely emerge someday.

Patience and a VERY thorough establishment of quality is key.

Thanks for the advice, but I really like it C4, the need to use its terms (such as a city or technologies) does not scare me at all. Stops only the absence of the game until the nomadic way of life to create mobile "cities."

Top Bottom