C2C Options

dynamic naming didn't work, so it got disabled/removed.

I'm glad you like it.
It still has some shortcomings, so I intend to develop it further some day.

No map script is perfect, but in this one strategic resources were balanced out and the important ones all spawned ((mongoose and perfect world had issues with that)).

Will dynamic naming ever be fixed or replaced with something similar? It did give a nice flavor to empires, but I can understand if it is low on the priority list.

Thanks and good to know! BTW was there a reason dynamic naming of civs was removed? I recall it getting somewhat buggy in V35 so I assume that was the reason.
I tried to replace the existing one with a better one where the definitions could be put in the XML, based on Platyping's. Unfortunately the one in C2C is a mixture of dll and Python and I still refuse to code in C again.

Hey there I want to test something out , is there a way to enable auto-corps in an existing game? Or would I need to start a new one?

I currently had the option turned off but want to see what happens if I enable it in an existing game. Thanks ahead of time.

Automatic corporations is not working smoothly. Best stay away from that one for the time being.

You can change game options in game through the world builder. I can't promise it allows system stability though... can cause crashes with some.

Hello.
After installing a recent SVN version, I saw a new option "No tech handicap".
I readed the popup info, but don't really understand what it do.
I just want the tech reduction cost work for everyone (player and other civ), but I don't know if I have to choose this option or not.

Hello.
After installing a recent SVN version, I saw a new option "No tech handicap".
I readed the popup info, but don't really understand what it do.
I just want the tech reduction cost work for everyone (player and other civ), but I don't know if I have to choose this option or not.
The option shuts off the handicaps for the human player so leave if off to get what you want, for them to work for everyone.

Damn, thank for your quick answer, I relaunch the world creator !!
About that, I got a strange bug about world creator, It was endless on a giant world + 15 AI + Multiplayer lan. No game answer, with "perfect world" map.
I just redoing it with same size + 19 AI + Multiplayer lan on "archipelago" and it work well.

EDIT: also, i removed "full screen".

Last edited:
No City Razing
Default: Off
Recommended:Off
Description: Cities cannot be razed after capture:
Notes
1. This does not stop some cities being razed instead of being captured.

2. ?? How does this effect the Barbarians always raze option?

3. ?? Does this stop the Abandon City ability?​
1. If population equals 1 they will always be razed upon capture.

2. Barbarians Always Raze option will still function under the No City Razing Option, barbarians and Neanderthals will always raze, even though no one else can.
One City Challenge option will make cities always raze even with the No City Razing Option.
3. No, but in the next PPOI modmod update it will no longer be possible to abandon city with the No City Razing option when PPOI is installed.

Changes made.

edit under OCC ,I believe, each nation can only have one city. Which means that they can't capture cities only raze them.

edit under OCC ,I believe, each nation can only have one city. Which means that they can't capture cities only raze them.
Which is why there should perhaps be a note about it under "No City Razing" option in that opening post.
Something like: "Does nothing when combined with OCC, cities always raze with the OCC option"

Could anybody tell me where I could play around with the city limit penalties?

(So that building above X no. of cities under Chiefdom adds 4 unhappiness etc)

Thanks

Could anybody tell me where I could play around with the city limit penalties?

(So that building above X no. of cities under Chiefdom adds 4 unhappiness etc)

Thanks
Its called Happiness Penalties from Overexpansion now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom