C2C - Religions discussions and ideas

Not my map. AAranda intended both Shamanism and Druidism as covering North America, Europe and Asia. Oh and Voodoo should be in the Caribbean.

@strategyonly you looking for a map that shows the extent of each religion according to their chronological (or in-game) founding order?

Or rather which religions each civilization had or has in its territory?

Why is it that Jainism seems to outperform your state religion in terms of spread? Is that governed by some options in XML somewhere?

Why is it that Jainism seems to outperform your state religion in terms of spread? Is that governed by some options in XML somewhere?
The Religion Infos has the base spread chance. Buildings will affect the speed also. I don't think there is any extra speed adjustment made for State Religions.

The Religion Infos has the base spread chance. Buildings will affect the speed also. I don't think there is any extra speed adjustment made for State Religions.
Base spread chances can be manipulated by traits for both state and non state and might be civic manipulable as well but I was under the impression that it only applies to unit efforts, not the organic natural chances for spread.

Does having many of the newer Religions residing in a Module folder file affect this in any way? While the more original Civ Religions are in the main files?

I do know that the Theology Civic does not have a full list of All the Religions. So it looks like it only affects certain ones. And most of those are the newer Religions.

State Religion Civic's list is fuller by comparison. But even there I'm not sure All Religions are represented by State Religion. And the Civic screen display for State Religion has shown doubles of some of the Religions forever it seems.

The tags I know of for influencing spread chances in traits are not religion specific, other than to say state religion or non-state religion. Which tags appear to be calling to define specific religions in civics? I'm just curious.

It's possible to build inclusion for those moduled religions on those tags in a modular civic info file in the religion module.

Remember that some religions Like Tengrii do not spread automatically. But only spread by use of a "missionary/shaman" unit.

Does having many of the newer Religions residing in a Module folder file affect this in any way? While the more original Civ Religions are in the main files?
The aim is to have all the religions in the modules area so people can pick and choose what they want in game. The ones in core are the ones Zappara put there for RoM with some of the extra buildings and stuff in the Modules area.

The only tags I know of are the ones for specific religions and they are on buildings and the religions themselves.
Remember that some religions Like Tengrii do not spread automatically. But only spread by use of a "missionary/shaman" unit.
Except some of the buildings do give a chance for Tengrii to spread. If I remember correctly. It is just very low.

@DH,

Why does the Gov't Civic Theology have a Limited list of religions? Should it not apply to all religions?

@DH,

Why does the Gov't Civic Theology have a Limited list of religions? Should it not apply to all religions?
I wanted to wait to see DH's reply before asking, what tag in Theology is specifying religions in it? (Maybe a screenshot can help here?)

I don't have a Religion yet in this game. Here are the Theocracy and State Religion Civic screens. You will notice that both will not fit on the area in the screen. So I'm not sure if all are being listed. The State Religion is listing all that apply as the last 2 lines deal with the State Religions effects in All cities.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0069.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0069.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 192
  • Civ4ScreenShot0070.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0070.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 139
All 29 religions are there. Which ones do you think are missing?

Ah it seems like this is technical limitation.
@JosEPh_II start test game in future era, so you can select any civics so you can view them whole.
It seems like you can't select civic if its unavailable yet to see complete list of items.
That is you need to scroll if you want to see all effects of civics in some cases.

Last edited:
All 29 religions are there. Which ones do you think are missing?
I stated that I saw that for State religion Civic but could not verify for Theocracy. Are you saying you can verify it?

With them being individually listed, on line at a time, instead of groups, I can not tell. Display issues I suppose for me using 1920 x 1080 resolutions?

Top Bottom