C2C - Wonder Civs

Code:
<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_PORTUGUESE_EMBASSY</BuildingClass>
<VicinityBonus>[B]BONUS_COW[/B]</VicinityBonus>

@Hydro
Chart in your signature says it requires fish. Did you change it?

Minus to empire stability for each culture.

And I have idea for next great wonder: American Melting Pot. Remove that minus from cultures.

IMO... Related/group cultures (thinking a bit along EU4 lines) should not be penalized as heavily. Particularly in cases where said cultures evolve and absorb others into the more modern ones.

Minus to empire stability for each culture.

And I have idea for next great wonder: American Melting Pot. Remove that minus from cultures.

The problem is how would you remove a property from all the wonders?

IMO... Related/group cultures (thinking a bit along EU4 lines) should not be penalized as heavily. Particularly in cases where said cultures evolve and absorb others into the more modern ones.

Hmm maybe there should be some sort of event that happens when you build them that causes temporary instability. So for like X number of turns your nation increases its rebelliousness. Which could simulate culture clashes and eventual assimilation of cultures.

Hmm maybe there should be some sort of event that happens when you build them that causes temporary instability. So for like X number of turns your nation increases its rebelliousness. Which could simulate culture clashes and eventual assimilation of cultures.

Assimilation of cultures would be a good job for the diplomat or judge.

I was waiting to implement the 1D property mechanism on cultures (or whatever it will end up being) before considering the Rev effects... Rev is also in itself beset with some flaws. But I can see some of these suggestions being a good patch to put in place for now.

Sweden i'm missing both in Cultures and Civ's it used to be a European Power from the 30 year War till their crushing defeat on the hands of Peter I The Great of Russia at Poltava (27th of June 1709)

their Karolinger Soldiers where the Best of their time ;)

some middle eastern civs
name -- creation item -- leader -- capital
yemen -- incense -- Ali Abdullah Saleh --
Principality of Aydin -- cotton or grain -- Umur Bey -- Birgi, Selçuk
Isfendiyarids/jandar/candar -- iron or copper --Süleyman I -- Eflani,Kastamonu,Sinop
Dulkadir -- gold -- -- Elbistan
Karaman -- Grain -- Kerîmeddin Karaman Bey -- Karaman
Mentese -- marble/citrus -- Mente&#351; Bey -- Milas
Ramadanids -- cotton -- Ramazan Bey -- Adana
Saruhan -- Sarukhan Bey -- Manisa
Al-Hejaz -- -- -- Jeddah

Posting this here so I don't forget.

But the Backbone could be done. Like the Texts, Class Info,Art info...
They all don't take that long, but add up and it can save you a few hours.

Or research...

Are you offering to make them? If your serious then what would need to be left for me is;

- Cost (could leave it as -1)
- Tech Req (could leave as none)
- Bonus Req (could leave as none)
- Text Description (leave it blank)

Other than that the following could be done by you ...

- Normal Building set up (art, buildingclassinfo, buildinginfo, text)
- Art uses the same art as their corresponding resources.
- Each Wonder is gives 1 of that resource
- The text follow the same format where you just put in the name of that culture and the other text stays the same.
- The rest of the building info should be the same as each other expect for the regional culture. This you could leave alone or fill in if you know what region that culture is from.

If you (or climat) are willing to put in the effort in doing the basic set up for me that would be great. Just let me know who will do it and when its done so I can fill in the rest.

Note that setting it as -1 cost and none tech should keep it hidden and unbuildable so no one can make it until I have finished it.

Thanks in advance if you guys do that for me. It should would help me out. :goodjob:

@Hydro
Let me know cultures that xml files are needed for. Then I'll make the basic form.

Ok I will post the full list of culture I need done soon. Note the files you will need to be editing are in Caveman2Cosmos/Assets/Modules/Hydro/Embassy.

@climat

Here is the list it should be done in this order ...

- Colombian (South American)
- Dzungar (Asian)
- Finnish (European)
- Gypsy (European)
- Jordanian (Middle Eastern)
- Konjo (African)
- Leon (European)
- Liangzhu (Asian)
- Lydian (Middle Eastern)
- Malaysian (Asian)
- Mandan (North American)
- Nok (African)
- Oman (Middle Eastern)
- Paiute (North American)
- Samoan (Oceanian)
- Songhai (African)
- Timurid (Asian)
- Venetian (European)
- Wayana (South American)
- Yanomami (Asian)
- Yemen (Middle Eastern)

- Athenian (European)
- Ashanti (African)
- Blackfoot (North American)
- Chippewa (North American)
- Croatian (European)
- Danish (European)
- Epirus (European)
- Fijian (Oceanian)
- Ghana (African)
- Macedonian (European)
- Massagetae (Middle Eastern)
- Nama (African)
- Nivkh (Asian)
- Pictish (European)
- Pima (North American)
- Roxolani (European)
- Slovak (European)
- Tahitian (Oceanian)
- Yaghan (South American)
- Zuni (North American)

Note that the resources for these should be found in Caveman2Cosmos/Assets/Modules/Resources/Culture. That way you can find the names of the resource tags and the names of the art tags.

For instance Culture Zuni is BONUS_ZUNI and has the art of art/Embassy/art/zuniembassy.dds

When making the Zuni wonder you should name it BUILDINGCLASS_ZUNI_EMBASSY. Understand?

In the game text you can fill in TXT_KEY_BUILDING_ZUNI_EMBASSY and TXT_KEY_BUILDING_ZUNI_EMBASSY_STRATEGY, but leave TXT_KEY_BUILDING_ZUNI_EMBASSY_PEDIA for me. The reasoning is I don't want the entire wikipedia about the culture just a small paragrpah without any of the [2] or exotic letters in it.

Let me know if you have any other questions and thanks.

Done.

1. Culture resource of Mandan is currently named "Madan".
2. AFAIK, Yanomami people live in the Amazon region. You meant South American, right?
3. There is not a culture resource for Nivkh. I made its culture wonder but temporarily disabled it so that it won't be loaded at all and don't cause a xml error.
4. There is a culture resource for Mississippian but it wasn't listed so I didn't make its embassy building.
5. I made Athenian, Venetian and Oceanian cultures require coast.

I just did quick tests through civilopedia. It seemed to be done correctly.

Attachments

• Embassy.zip
    85.6 KB · Views: 37
If we're going to put something in that makes having multiple cultures an issue, can you PLEASE make it a mod that can be turned off? One of the things I love about C2C is that my empire isn't limited to one culture (or even one group if I conquer/buy/convert a city from another culture group).

This is one of the most unique and awesome features of C2C. Penalizing the player/AI for using it should only be an option if the player wants that on...

Done.

1. Culture resource of Mandan is currently named "Madan".
2. AFAIK, Yanomami people live in the Amazon region. You meant South American, right?
3. There is not a culture resource for Nivkh. I made its culture wonder but temporarily disabled it so that it won't be loaded at all and don't cause a xml error.
4. There is a culture resource for Mississippian but it wasn't listed so I didn't make its embassy building.
5. I made Athenian, Venetian and Oceanian cultures require coast.

I just did quick tests through civilopedia. It seemed to be done correctly.

1. Must have been when Sargon made the culture resources for me. As long as the names are correct the tags can stay wrong.

2. Oops! Yeah sorry, yest South American.

3. Oh you mean there is no culture resource for Nivkh?

4. Oh, well you could have. I must have just not listed it when making your list.

5. Ok.

So far we have insisted that every culture have two heroes and a unique unit. This is not easy to do for the cultures we have or would like. So why not have some have unique buildings and unique trade goods? What we would need to do is balance the four things so that the cultures are basically equivalent.

The things being
- a military hero
- a cultural hero ie can build achievements
- a unique unit
- a special building (note the same building could be available to many cultures)
- a unique building
- a unique trade good​

Two examples I have been reading about are the Liangzhu and Yangshao of the Chinese region. Both are Neolithic and I have made a mod with them which I will post when I have tested the. Liangzhu is famous for it's particular jade carvings and Yangshao for its painted pottery. The Olmec of Mesoamerica are also famous for their jade.

We could add the special building Jade Carver (requires jade) to the Olmec and Liangzhu(new requires Chinese Culture and jade in vicinity at the moment) cultures.

The Liangzhu also has a unique building Liangzhu Jade Carver, that provides a unique trade good Liangzhu Jades. The building requires two Jade Carver buildings for each Liangzhu Jade Carver building.

edit since the Nok and Hawaii cultures have been added I should probably change those ancient wonder trade goods.

I have proposition: please cut down national units limit to 10. Almost every culture unit is better then normal one and im games my army is include mostly cultural units.

Top Bottom