C3MT v1.12.6 installer

C3MT - Civ3MultiTool (Second CFC Thread) 2016-10-05

Sure, the program installed just fine and works right, up until you try to make an scenario and gives those messages. I think it might have something to do with being a mod.

Anyone knows the exact steps for running it on Windows 10 v909?
I installed it and just get the following in the log
[start omitted]

STARTUP: Running on Windows 6.2
STARTUP: FAIL: (0)

i already tried all different compatibility settings.

Cooouuuld be? I think that you should provide more information. btw I've just checked and Gramphos hasn't been officially online in 4 years so you might need third-party assistance.

Cooouuuld be? I think that you should provide more information. btw I've just checked and Gramphos hasn't been officially online in 4 years so you might need third-party assistance.

Nvm but that sucks, its a good tool and could use more support.

If you want support from those of us who (have) use(d) C3MT then you'd better supply more information so that we can check it.

If you want support from those of us who (have) use(d) C3MT then you'd better supply more information so that we can check it.

First off, the tool seems to crash 50% of the time when I open it, changing diplomacy in a saved game(even a non scenario game) with the tool can crash and corrupt that save, and it keeps bringing up a prompt to update the tool but it doesn't do anything when I click it.

Just ignore the prompt to update the tool.

As for the rest, actual error messages (if any) would be useful.

Hi.

This tool look's very interesting but I can't figure how to make it work.

Maybe a little explanation how to make it work could be cool :)

Also I have few questions for some people who are using it still. I saw some people talking about, but I want to have a clear answer.

The tool is not compatible with mods or scenarios ?

Welcome to CFC!
[party]
Maybe a little explanation how to make it work could be cool :)
What do you mean? Is this that you cannot get the program to run, or is it that you can but don't know how to use it?

Welcome to CFC!
[party]

Thanks you :)

What do you mean? Is this that you cannot get the program to run, or is it that you can but don't know how to use it?

I got an error after the installation. But someone before my post explained it, so no problem there !

The problem I get is about the mods/scenarios compatibility, i can't save something from the MEM mod. I just wanted to make more enemies at war for more dynamic. No one know how to correct that ?

I got an error after the installation. But someone before my post explained it, so no problem there !
All right, I'm glad that is solved.
Xalarak said:
The problem I get is about the mods/scenarios compatibility, i can't save something from the MEM mod. I just wanted to make more enemies at war for more dynamic. No one know how to correct that ?
If I am reading your post correctly what you want is to have more factions to be locked into a war from the beginning.
This cannot be done: there is a fixed limit of four locked alliances and no faction can be placed in more than one alliance at the same time. Also, the factions in each alliance have a permanent unbreakable peace treaty with each other.

All right, I'm glad that is solved.

If I am reading your post correctly what you want is to have more factions to be locked into a war from the beginning.
This cannot be done: there is a fixed limit of four locked alliances and no faction can be placed in more than one alliance at the same time. Also, the factions in each alliance have a permanent unbreakable peace treaty with each other.
No, not at all !

Im trying to make the C3MT work, the save option can allow you to change diplomacy in game directly (by forcing ai to war them or make peace etc) but it work in vanilla perfectly but not with mods. Im currently playing the MEM mod and when I save it bug.

I just want to correct that, im assuming the mod creator is out since 2016 but maybe someone that know the tool or is good in developping can help me ?

Ah, I think I understand now. Could you provide a transcript or screenshot of the error message?

upload_2021-6-7_14-58-40.png

It show that but if you click ignore it show you many more lines (697 etc...) but with the same error excepted with the line number.

I dont know how to correct that. Any idea ?

I am sorry about the lateness of this reply. I have been spending more time offline than I used to.

No, I don't know how to fix that error. Just for the sake of exhausting options, have you tried the recommence option?

Can I ask what is the Civ3MultiTool? It feels like a stupid question but I'm looking everywhere and can't find any kind of detailed description. It edits save files, somehow?

Yes it edits save files. Post in the past say that it worked in Win7, not always and not in Win10. I could have that wrong. I think it was to convert files and maps. PTW cause issues for BIC files and C3C did the same for BIX. Just in case BIC is for Vanilla, BIX for PTW and BIQ for C3C.

Here is what happens for me. I set the c3mtexe to run in compatibility mode. It installs the program to a folder called C3MT.

1660707012179.png

Then I attempt to run the program in the folder C3MT called "c3mt.exe"{. All that happens is I get this log file.

1660707230183.png

For some reason it completely fails to start. I am running windows 10, and my Java is updated. I am completely lost.

As far as I know, the C3 multitools were written in Visual Basic (or a combination of Visual Basic and C/C++), not in Java. So your Java is irrelevant here.
Problem is most probably, that the 20 year old version of VB this was written in, is no longer compatible with Windows 10/11.

Top Bottom