Calypso's Colored Religion Icons

Calypso521

Chieftain
For those who would enjoy trying Civ V with more vibrant religious icons, here's a mod I put together over the past month to do just that.

This mod colors all of the original religions and does not add any more. All religions preserve their original shape (except Christianity, which I changed a bit), and are only recolored.

The mod functions both with Gods and Kings as is, and also with the "Into the Renaissance" Scenario.

If you're interested in reading the full description and seeing a few more screenshots of the mod in action (or subscribing to the mod, which is nice), please go ahead and refer yourself to the Steam Workshop page for this mod.
(http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=117064727&searchtext=)

I expect the mod is compatible with most others, except those that also change religion art.

Should you find any functionality issues, feel free to let me know here or on the Workshop. Open to all comments, constructive criticisms, and suggestions.

If you wish to use anything from my mod in your own: You MAY use my art, but you MUST let me know ahead of time, hear from me that it is OK to use, and give credit when your project is finished.

Civilization Fanatics' Download:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=20685

Hi Again, I tried your mod and i get an APPCRASH after an hour of playgame,

I do not founded any religion in the game, just a pantheon, but this never happened before. so you might want to take a look.

I also will test if this problem will occur again.

Hmmm. That's an odd one, one I've never managed to get before while testing and retesting. Does it say anything particular about art failing to load, or is it just a genaric error window that crashes you out of the game? Or is it just a freeze-up?

Let me know if this is an ongoing issue and if it is I'll see if it can be figured out.

It may (or may not) help, but I find that clearing my game cache helped get more reliable performance out of the mod, at least while testing it out. That helped solve art conflicts for me, but again, if the crash isn't art related, it may not help much.

Hmmm. That's an odd one, one I've never managed to get before while testing and retesting. Does it say anything particular about art failing to load, or is it just a genaric error window that crashes you out of the game? Or is it just a freeze-up?

Let me know if this is an ongoing issue and if it is I'll see if it can be figured out.

It may (or may not) help, but I find that clearing my game cache helped get more reliable performance out of the mod, at least while testing it out. That helped solve art conflicts for me, but again, if the crash isn't art related, it may not help much.

I clear the cache and UserMod folders before starting to play like usually do with others mod that I have.

It was a generic APPCRASH error and get me out of the game, like said before, this is the first time that happens to me, so I'll try to reporduce it tonight and'll let you know if anything happens.

I report normal gameplay tonight with this mod. Also I founded a religion without issue. Nice colors!

Excellent! Glad the mod worked out for you this time. Let's hope this crash isn't anything typical.

I tried to recreate the crash on my machine today by cleaning my cache/moduserdata, re-downloading from the Steam Workshop, and playing my demanding 820+ turn, huge world, marathon game, but was able to play for 3 hours straight without issue, before I exited voluntarily.

Enjoy, and let me know if this comes up again.

Excellent! Glad the mod worked out for you this time. Let's hope this crash isn't anything typical.

I tried to recreate the crash on my machine today by cleaning my cache/moduserdata, re-downloading from the Steam Workshop, and playing my demanding 820+ turn, huge world, marathon game, but was able to play for 3 hours straight without issue, before I exited voluntarily.

Enjoy, and let me know if this comes up again.

Good, thanks for your mod!

There is no need for a new version for Brave New World. This one works fine, and no new religions were added by BNW.

Christianity Denominations, anyone? IDK if this was updated already for BNW, but BNW definitely adds religions.

Top Bottom