Can I Edit The Map of My Current Game?

TonyJoe

Chieftain
I hope this is the right place to post this - my apologies if it's not.
Moderator Action: I guess it rather fits into the modding section ;). Moved. The_J

I'm in the industrial era of a game and would like to edit the map. Yes, it would be cheating but for some reason the only aluminum on the map is in the center of the other continent and that's really annoying.

Does anyone know how to edit the map of a current game as opposed to creating one from scratch?

Thanks for any help.

You can't easily edit the map of a game in progress, but you can use the FireTuner from the SDK to add additional resources.

Actually, you CAN edit the terrain of a game in progress, fairly easily, it just won't change the graphics until the next time you load the game.

But yes, FireTuner is the tool for adding more aluminum to a game in progress. Very easy to use once it's set up.

We have different definitions of "easily" then Spatz. ;)

All you need are the X and Y values of the hex in question. The terrain type and plot type tables are built into the SQL in a more accessible way than a normal GameInfo call, so once you have the Plot structure for the hex in question it's a one-line change.

To me, that's easy. "Hard" would be some of the other things I've coded up.

I know, I've done it. But when answering a question posted by someone whose familiarity with Lua, the Tuner, and the database are all unknown to me, I'm gonna stick with my stock answer that "it's not easy." :p

On the larger issue of easy or not easy I can't comment but the FireTuner was exactly what I needed. I used the info here to get it connected: GameSpot GameFAQS

Thanks tons for the help.

Top Bottom