Canada

My understanding was that anyone who preordered got the special edition..... and that's why I made sure that I got that one

Sku of the normal edition: 2559458

Tried pretty much every EBgames within 20km of Hamilton, ON and none have it. I've tried all the best buys, future shops, I tried compusmart in burlington mall, wal-mart didn't have it in ancaster. If anyone knows of any other stores that sell computer games let me know. I got a call from my buddy in toronto and he says they have it at the Eaton centre in downtown, but I don't wanna drive 50 mins to toronto to buy a computer game.

Zukatah said:
My understanding was that anyone who preordered got the special edition..... and that's why I made sure that I got that one

Sku of the normal edition: 2559458

Yeah, looks like I got stuck on the "preordered the normal version" BS. I'm going to have a VERY long talk with the people at that store.

someone along the line between the factory, and canadian retailers, ought to be fired. Ive been told "tomorrow" FOR FOUR DAYS! Now, given, sometimes canada (southern ontario, at least) is a day behind the us, but honestly, theyre giving us a load of bull.

Futureshop's sale has turned into a scam, as its 10 bucks off till the 27th of october, and the site now says releasing oct 28.

Oda Nobunaga said:
Yeah, looks like I got stuck on the "preordered the normal version" BS. I'm going to have a VERY long talk with the people at that store.

I was warned by the store staff at the time that I preordered that while I could pre-order, there was no guarantee of the special edition due to limited supplies designated for the Canadian market. In the end, however, I did receive the special edition.

WOW i acant believe that every store in the missisauga region in ontario doesn't have the game. Every store has said "were getting it tommorow" for the last 3 day so i'm kinda dissapointed. I mean my hope has been up for the last few days only to be failed by the frigging shipping companies and by all companies in my region. Does anyone know of any store that have retail copies?

Icevulture said:
Tried pretty much every EBgames within 20km of Hamilton, ON and none have it. I've tried all the best buys, future shops, I tried compusmart in burlington mall, wal-mart didn't have it in ancaster. If anyone knows of any other stores that sell computer games let me know. I got a call from my buddy in toronto and he says they have it at the Eaton centre in downtown, but I don't wanna drive 50 mins to toronto to buy a computer game.

I called Limeridge, Eastgate and Centre Mall EB Games an hour ago, Limeridge and Centre Mall said tomorrow, Eastgate said preorder only and the sale version is coming tomorrow.

I just received some rather disturbing news from an EB rep in my area. He told me that the company, 2k Games, has discontinued the release of all regular editions of Civ 4 this year. Only the Preorders will be shipped out, retail versions WILL NOT be available this year. There is a chance that they will be availabe near christmas but not before then. He claimed this was announced last night and is posted on the company's website. I'm not sure if I buy it or not, but hey, this is just what he told me. Doesn't sound right to me, I mean why would they want to discontinue it if so many people want to buy it? But anyways, just letting you guys know what I heard.

EB games in Southcenter in Calgary had the game yesterday (Wednesday) at noon. They called me and told me I could pick it up anytime. I did yesterday at about 4pm. This was the preorder edition, and they had a stack behind the counter being held for other people.

calinator said:
I just received some rather disturbing news from an EB rep in my area. He told me that the company, 2k Games, has discontinued the release of all regular editions of Civ 4 this year. Only the Preorders will be shipped out, retail versions WILL NOT be available this year. There is a chance that they will be availabe near christmas but not before then. He claimed this was announced last night and is posted on the company's website. I'm not sure if I buy it or not, but hey, this is just what he told me. Doesn't sound right to me, I mean why would they want to discontinue it if so many people want to buy it? But anyways, just letting you guys know what I heard.

That is bull****. What I mean is there's no way it's true. Tell your friend that really wasn't a funny joke.

Well, I DID drive 50 minutes to Langley B.C. to get my pre-order with my little 5-year Alejandra (you should have seen her, holding the box tightly in her arms... yes indeed, she is 5 and plays Civ... alone).

Anyways, I got my copy yesterday, in Langley BC, and it works fine!

Good hunting everybody!

The Rebel:goodjob:

Icevulture said:

There's still nothing in Montreal... Best Buy told me tomorow at 100%... They are better cause i'm about the freaking out!

My preorder edition is still at Mirabel since 4:16AM 27th oct. I don't know why it has pass the entire day at the airport but thats very very long... I hope I will get it tomorow, I'm in Québec city... No store have it atm in Québec too...

Heheh, Mirabel Airport...the greatest airport nobody uses. It is a proverbial ghost town, with its only real customer being FedEx, and various freight carriers :)

To be honest, if SO many stores are selling out of it just to satisfy those who have pre ordered...well it doesnt take a corporate genius to have, 2 weeks ago, told the factory to step up production... it shouldnt happen that they would run out.

Fortunately, Future Shop is introducing a new system where I can order online and pickup in-store, thus removing the need to wrestle with the mess they call EB. and their canadian-hating website.

I hate EB, have I told you that?

Seriously, this is the dumbest thing EVER to happen to me for a game..... never going to do business with them again, they're out. And Oda, just tell me when you go, I'd like to be with you since I too have LOTS of things to say!

Benitus said:
My preorder edition is still at Mirabel since 4:16AM 27th oct. I don't know why it has pass the entire day at the airport but thats very very long... I hope I will get it tomorow, I'm in Québec city... No store have it atm in Québec too...

My order's been at Mirabel since 5:00AM this morning, too. It JUST recieved the status "International Shipment Release." I have no idea why it needed this, as it's going to Prince Edward Island, and the last time I checked, WE'RE ALL IN THE SAME DAMN COUNTRY. It spent a whole day there. I hope to god I get it tomorrow morning like the thing says I should.

While I dont ENTIRELY fault EB, they should have told me that there was a possibility the game might not be there today, instead of telling me it would definitely be here in the thursday shipment.

I got Age of Empires 3, on the 18th, the day the game's website said it would be released, and I got it at EB. In Canada. Hence, it can't be EB's fault, since they can and do get lots of games in on time. AOE3, Quake4, Fear, all came in on their respective dates, even though I didnt buy them.

Oh, and I live in the Cambridge area, in southern ontario, they told me tomorrow (again).

My delivery is very late right now, I was suppose to receive the game at Oct 27, 2005 5:00 PM fedex site says... n its still waiting in Mirabel, I think I will do the trip to Mirabel Airport n get it by myself...

Top Bottom