Can't pillage my own roads?

Morikal

Chieftain
So I was playing around in the worldbuilder to figure out where I could cast bloom.
Apparently it CAN be cast on top of things like sugar, cotton, etc.
Cannot be cast on a desert or a flood plain (I think... I may have been trying on an improved one, can't recall). Tried vitalizing my flood plain/desert to a flood plain/grassland, still couldn't bloom.

Then, I tried pillaging my own improvements so I could bloom something. I was able to pillage farm/cottage/etc, but not my own roads... is there any way to remove your own roads? I'm curious as if I were playing an elven race, I would want to be able to go back through and bloom all my non-forest tiles once I have a priest of the leaves... do I need to not build roads on any non-forest tile? Or am I just missing something?

Bloom can be cast over anything but desert, improved or not. You can use spring to turn desert to plains and then cast bloom. The flood plains won't keep their improved food production and will turn to normal plains, though.

Bloom was greyed out and uncastable on any tile I had improved in any way (road, cottage, farm, mine, etc)... This is with 40y

Didn't try spring on flood plains... vitalize added +1 food for each casting (ie: Flood plains/plains gave +4 instead of +3, and flood plains/grassland gave +5)

Also, you can't Bloom tiles that already have a feature. Flood Plains, Oasis, Burnt Forest...

Elves should be able to Bloom improved tiles though.

Flood planes and Forests (including new and ancient forests) are both Features, and so cannot coexist.

Bloom only works on Grass, Plains, Marsh, and Tundra, not Desert, Ice(Snow), or any hell terrain.

(I'm pretty sure Spring doesn't work on tiles next to fresh water like rivers. It doesn't effect deserts any differently than Vitalize does.)

The 2 elven civs can cast bloom on top of improvements, but no one else can. They can't even cast bloom on Camps, which anyone can build in forests.

No, you cannot pillage your own roads. People have long complained about this, usually because of Raider trait Neighbors.

Roads are routes and not improvements, so there is no reason for you to have to pillage them in order to cast bloom.

Hmm... I was playing around with Amurites and priest of leaves, and was unable to bloom an improved tile, so I pillaged it down to just a road, and was still unable to bloom it (regular plains).

So with an elven race, I don't need to worry about not building on non-forest tiles? (ie: nothing I have control over will affect whether or not I can bloom as an elf?)

So with an elven race, I don't need to worry about not building on non-forest tiles? (ie: nothing I have control over will affect whether or not I can bloom as an elf?)
?? If you're asking can Ljosalfars/Svartalfars bloom improved tiles, then yes, they can, without harming the improvements.

If you do play the Elves, you might want keep roads to a minimum: your troops are fast enough through forests without them and enemies with the commando promotion love roads, not forests.

(BTW: The threads' title made me think that the "why can't we pillage our roads" discussion was reappearing. I thought we should but apparently that's too "weird" for our magical, vampire, pyre zombie, maelstrom, immortality, angel and demon-haunted world.) :crazyeye: ;)

Well now I'm curious why I was unable to bloom a roaded tile as the Amurites... someone said roads don't count as improvements...

If I wanted to be able to pillage my own roads, is this an XML setting, or is it something I would have to go to some trouble to toggle?

Oh I forgot that it's only the elves that can bloom improved tiles. I suppose I've never really played FoL with any other race.

Oh I forgot that it's only the elves that can bloom improved tiles. I suppose I've never really played FoL with any other race.

So basically, any other race which wanted to follow FoL, needs to NOT build any roads at all on non-forest tiles which they plan to bloom later, since they are unable to pillage their own roads?

I wish I could pillage my own roads :-/

Top Bottom