Can't rebase aircraft to carrier!

OvrEagR

Chieftain
I have a carrier one tile away from a city with a jet fighter in it, but I can not rebase the fighter to the carrier. I have right- and left-clicked on the carrier icon and the carrier itself. I can rebase to other cities just fine though.

Am I missing some obvious step or is my game just bugged??

Thanks!

The carrier will only host 3 aircraft. How many do you have on it already?

I have NO aircraft on the carrier yet. That is the problem, I can't get any onto the carrier.

I don't think it is out of range... the carrier is sitting right next to the city that the aircraft is currently based in.

I just tried to duplicate this.
Turn 1: Purchase carrier in city (where a bomber already happens to be based).
Turn 2: (a) Sail carrier 1 tile only to adjacent to city. (b) Purchase jet fighter in same city.
Turn 3: (a) Click on "2" symbol that appears over city defence strength number. (b) Select Jet Fighter from the pop-up. (c) Select rebase icon on left of screen that shows a curved hanger and control tower. Mouse pointer changes to rebase icon. (d) Click on carrier with bottom left of rebase icon. (e) Watch Jet Fighter figurine leave city and arrive over carrier where it disappears, leaving only the carrier. (f) Notice that city now has "1" above it and the circular carrier icon has "1" to the right of it.

It works for me.

Savegame or screenshot?

By the way, one other thing to check. Are you certain the fighter has movement points left for this turn? Rebasing can't be done on the same turn as other actions. From memory, the text of the fighter should be greyed out a bit when you select it if that's the case.

I have NO aircraft on the carrier yet. That is the problem, I can't get any onto the carrier.

I don't think it is out of range... the carrier is sitting right next to the city that the aircraft is currently based in.

In one of my games, I had 3 carriers and did not have any problems rebasing my jet fighters to them. You sure your not overlooking that small number by the carrier?

Top Bottom