Can't sell all available lux resources!

Pierochh

Chieftain
Hi everyone!

For my first post in this forum, i'd like to start by thanking all the civfanatics community :goodjob:
Before reading this forum, I used to lose in prince difficulty level, now after several victories in emperor, I feel like deity would be a much enjoyable challenge :cool:

But to feel comfortable with the way I play against a deity AI, I need to know if I'm doing something wrong with my luxury resources trading.

The thing is that I can't get to know why in some cases you'll be able to sell an available luxury ressource to the AI, and in some other cases, you'll find "LUXURY RESOURCES" greyed in the trading screen.

For exemple, right now, I'm checking the economic overview screen telling me :
Resources avaiblable :
Gems 1
Sugar 1
Imported : nothing
Exported :
Dyes 1
Sugar 2
Local Resources :
Gems 1
Dyes 1
Sugar 3

Sir Washington is in "friendly" status, he has plenty of gold, the diplomatic screen says he has no sugar, no gems...so why is the "luxury resources" menu greyed in the trading screen making it impossible for me to sell him my gems and remaining sugar :confused:

Thanks in advance!

He must already have access to them.... he won't buy what he doesn't need.... (not that the AI *needs* happiness resources):rolleyes:

EDIT: read to the end next time.... LOL....

gotta savegame?

:D

Yes, here is my saved game...a complete desaster BTW :lol:

Attachments

• 0ldAutoSave_0105 BC-0250.Civ5Save
    801.6 KB · Views: 56
Yep I'm not sure about that either...
But anyway in my case the 1 gem I have is from my capital city

Ok maybe an explanation...

I reloaded the saved game, and browsing through what I could see of the american civ's territory, I realised that they actually had 1 gem...

So I guess I misunderstood the info displayed in the diplomacy overview...I guess the luxury resources displayed there are not what they actually possess, but what they agree to trade with you.

So I guess the rule is what Kyroshill said : you can only sell to another civ the luxury ressources they don't possess at all.

I guess the luxury resources displayed there are not what they actually possess, but what they agree to trade with you.
Probably just displays any excess available for trade, and the AI always holds onto one copy. Which between that, the resources players trade to the AI, the AI happiness modifier and the likelihood for the AI to build happiness buildings, it's no surprise they have such high happiness levels.

Top Bottom