Cao Cao's descendants in Japan?

After reading an essay on FB regarding to Takamuko (高向) clan/family in Japan. Which (as an essay said) a noble family of old Japan, one member, Takamuko no Kuromaro (高向 玄理) was a person who conducted administration reform in Japan. adapting centralized Imperial China style after his 32 years of study in China.
This pedegree sheet cited that this clan descent from Cao Cao (and even traced back to Qin Era ancestry) through his son. Cao Pi (Emperor Wen of Wei, a person who formally ended bicentennial Han Dynasty and compelled two other rivaling warlords to crown themselves Emperor) and his grandson, Cao Lin, to Cao Mao... However, Cao Mao's son (who? did he had any? he spent much of his life as puppet emperor strung by Sima Zhao and died at the age of 19. in an attempt to remove Sima clan out of his power structure, well he did marry a woman from Bian clan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cao_Mao#Reign and might have his descendants but the Book of Cao Wei (or Wiki itself) said nothing beyond that since his successor, Cao Huang, did not rule for long and eventually lost his throne to evenmore ambitious Sima Yan, but Cao Huang is his brother not son) with a name that written "with wood to the left, mouth to the top right, and an ear to the buttom right.." (I don't really know what character it is or pronounciations as a person's name. ) from this point the pedigree branched in two, One leads to '倭画師/大岡氏' And The other '高向氏' ... (though one didn't seems to leave China, eventually became '上' )

So did member of Cao clan tried to escape Sima Jin's stranglehold by leaving China entirely? How did one ended up in Japan and through whom? or is this pedigree authentic or there's Japanese noblemen at that time honed themselves to prominent figures of the Old China or even at Three Kingdoms era? Given that Kuromaro lived through 654 (Sui Dynasty) ,worked as Japanese Envoy to China till his death in Chang An. A distance is so great, three centuries and five decades! (Cao Huang ruled as Wei Emperor until Sima Yan usurped his throne in 302 A.D.) so there's possibility of false pedigree.

http://www.myj7000.jp-biz.net/clan/...kb-TxihpMi_5kTL5gbj-HGoKkxdoEeBDfD4UVrJeTaMmc

Last edited:
It would definitely be interesting for the family to know. Maybe you can help shed some light of what makes this interesting for us unrelated folk.

or there's Japanese noblemen at that time honed themselves to prominent figures of the Old China or even at Three Kingdoms era?

Given what little I know about Japanese history in this period this does seem pretty plausible to me. I doubt there will ever be any hard evidence one way or the other.

Top Bottom