Caveman2Cosmos

I run into MAF usually when I reach renaissance, or industrial. Is it even possible to play to the end on huge or gigantic maps? I know CIV IV only recognizes 3GB of RAM but is there any way of finishing the game?

Also have anyone encountered units changing the way they look? When I click on my axe man in prehistoric era he actually looks like he supposed to, but after I click on something else and he becomes inactive, he changes into different kind of unit. Mostly axe man from medieval. It happens to other kinds of units too. Is there something wrong with my mod config?
1. Don't play on maps bigger than Large, or at least play with high water settings, so there is lots of seas.

2. Animations Frozen, Low Resolution Textures and Low Rendering quality breaks game graphics, don't use those options.

Hi guys, thanks for the mod. It's incredible, I cannot imagine the amount of time and coordination needed to do something like this. Truly amazing. I got a question regarding how to meet some cultures requirements. I would like to develop the Minoan culture as the UU looks good for capturing cities. I play with Roman so i got European CA, and I only have 1 resource of cow(according to the pedia I need coast+cow as requirements for the Minoan culture) from a conquered Zulu city. I already built CA Europe there, but I am still unable to trigger the vicinity bonus of the cow to get the Minoan requirement. Here's a screenshot i took. Why the autovicinity cow has noot been built neither in the Zulu city(despite I can work it and build farm(cow) in it or in the one I founded(Suessa)?
Also, I do not have a single Olive in my land despite being Roman, it means I cannot build Roman culture right? I need to conquer Neanderthals then -.-
upload_2021-1-13_6-19-16.png

Hi,

I started a new game with the new version, is it not possible to merge military units anymore?
It doesnt show this icon anymore.

Hi,

I started a new game with the new version, is it not possible to merge military units anymore?
It doesnt show this icon anymore.
Make sure that the units you're trying to merge fit all the many requirements to do so, including not being grouped with other units.

Make sure that the units you're trying to merge fit all the many requirements to do so, including not being grouped with other units.

Yes the way i did before is that i selected all same type units, clicked on "separates the group" button, and normally after that it showed the merge button, but now i dont see it, all of them have got 100% health. Are there any other requirements? I think most of them have got the same promotions as well.

Yes the way i did before is that i selected all same type units, clicked on "separates the group" button, and normally after that it showed the merge button, but now i dont see it, all of them have got 100% health. Are there any other requirements? I think most of them have got the same promotions as well.
Make sure they're already of the same grouping, that they are of a type that CAN merge (some types can't like anything that has vision or stealth or property control abilities) and that they haven't moved this round.

Check if you selected Size Matters on game start :D

Let me just say how much joy this mod has brought me. I got back into playing Civ IV (the best game ever) with A New Dawn and R.I. but this version absolutely blows all the others away. I've been playing for months, and haven't even gotten close to the end of the tech tree yet. That said a couple of things I would dearly love to see added in future versions:

1) An option to have all non-combat units move first in the action queue... or just the option to specify the order in which you want units to cycle yourself. Ideally the order should probably be something like Workers/Workboats ==> Missionaries/Great People ==> Hunter/Explorer/Scout Units ==> Siege Units ==> Combat Units. But other people may have preference for what type of units they like to move first.

Yes, I know I can turn on worker automation to speed up the game, but I hate losing them because they're too stupid to get out of the way of advancing enemy hordes or that invisible Rogue who's been lurking around. I can (and do) manually hit "/" to cycle to the next non-combat unit, but one of the biggest time wasters later in the game comes when you've got a sprawling empire that is trying to juggle road building and other infrastructure with moving your army around the map. In most cases, you always want your worker units to move first so that they can build the roads that the other units need to travel on to get them to your western front faster. Yet every time I tell a worker to build something the next unit it automatically skips to is invariably a combat unit on the completely opposite side of the map. I shouldn't have to hit the / key between every move to keep shifting the focus back to my workers.

2) A button to switch focus back to the unit you just moved (or at the very least, the camera). This is another one of those issues of the camera always wanting to jump to some unit on another continent as soon as you complete an action. Sometimes, you stick your foot in it and end up with a worker unit one tile away from an creaturely penguin, or that seemingly assured victory leaves your with a wounded unit just waiting to be picked off in the next round. It'd be useful to be able to skip back to where you just were, so that if you happen to have another unit nearby you can move them into position to try to complete what you were doing or defend the unprotected unit that's vulnerable.

3) A slider/pulldown option to delay X seconds after giving a unit orders before auto-advancing to the next unit. Same reasoning as above. If you stick your foot in it, it's nice to be able to look around and see if there's another unit in close proximity that can help you before you get catapulted over to Greenland and have to manually move the camera and try to locate your the unit that's now in danger.

4) Consider adding a red "Build Up" option for workers similar to what combat units have to work existing tile improvements for bonuses. I am really surprised nobody has implemented this mechanic yet. (Unless it exists later in the game and I simply haven't gotten to it yet) Normally, you want your workers out building roads and improvements, but what happens during those time when you're between road upgrades or there's nothing left to improve? Workers just stand around doing nothing. Those freeloaders should be off working the existing tiles for extra bonuses! It would be nice if idle Worker units had a red Build Up option just like combat units that would allow them to spend their idle turns in a worthwhile manner, and depending on what resources the tile had to begin with, extract one extra food, gold, or production yield from the tile they're on, up to a certain maximum (no more than 10%) dictated by their experience level as a field/hill/forest/tundra worker. Perhaps they could also have the option of "working" tiles like cottages/mines/lumbermills/seasonal camps to speed them along faster to their next upgrade. The bonus from doing this should always be should be small, but potentially worthwhile to smaller nations who had the misfortune to get boxed in on an island or peninsula and have to try to make the most out of the limited territory they've got. This would make keeping a large labor force around more useful later in the game, plus open up some interesting strategic elements because having a bunch of workers permanently hanging out on all your tiles can give your nation a bit of a boost, but those poor helpless saps are just waiting to be picked off by enemy units. Perhaps there could also be an accumulative "overworked" danger similar to flammability which if you're unlucky and work a tile too hard, could temporarily or permanently damage it, reducing it's yield.

Last edited:
Does anyone get these pink squares for a lot of leaders/techs/units?

View attachment 643346
It's a sign of missing graphic files. You probably installed incorrectly somehow. Never just update an installation unless you're using GIT or SVN - any mod update otherwise must completely erase the old and then paste in the new mod folder.

It's a sign of missing graphic files. You probably installed incorrectly somehow. Never just update an installation unless you're using GIT or SVN - any mod update otherwise must completely erase the old and then paste in the new mod folder.
I didn't update it. I downloaded it and extracted the files. I'm on Linux.

I didn't update it. I downloaded it and extracted the files. I'm on Linux.
hmm... MIGHT be a Linux specific problem I wouldn't know anything about then.

Top Bottom