Caveman2Cosmos

It's a sign of missing graphic files. You probably installed incorrectly somehow. Never just update an installation unless you're using GIT or SVN - any mod update otherwise must completely erase the old and then paste in the new mod folder.
yeah just looked and everything looks ok, but if that individual wants to look here it is:

<LeaderheadArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_CANUTE</Type>
<Button>art/Static/Leaders/Canute_b.dds</Button>
<NIF>art/Static/Leaders/Canute.dds</NIF>
<KFM/>
<NoShaderNIF/>
<BackgroundKFM/>
</LeaderheadArtInfo>

yeah just looked and everything looks ok, but if that individual wants to look here it is:

<LeaderheadArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_CANUTE</Type>
<Button>art/Static/Leaders/Canute_b.dds</Button>
<NIF>art/Static/Leaders/Canute.dds</NIF>
<KFM/>
<NoShaderNIF/>
<BackgroundKFM/>
</LeaderheadArtInfo>
The problem is there are LOTS of pink squares all over. Tech tree, leaders, units are pink, etc.

The problem is there are LOTS of pink squares all over. Tech tree, leaders, units are pink, etc.
then for sure u changed the location of the MAIN C2C, just like TB said it HAS to go here in 918. .

C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos

The invite link expires in 7 days but here:

It's not that the forums are dead - we have a wide mix of old school and new school followers and more of the linux users are there than on the forum.

Hey. Been playing this Mod for over a hundred hours now. But there's one glaring issue, whether the Mod causes it or something else.

The Workers on Auto now is just running around and repeatedly replacing an Improvement another Worker finished, shifting in between Mine/Quarry and Fort infinitely. It is incredibly annoying. I can't get anything done unless i manually do everything, which is going to take a lot of time to see what needs replacing or upgrading by hovering mouse over the tile, each individually. This gets worse as bigger your Civilization is and bigger the map is.

Thank you for the mod and take care!

@Jazuke
Did you check the box for "Workers leave old improvements". I think that is thru/on the BtS Options page. Or it might be under BUG. It should stop that type of worker behavior.

@Jazuke
Did you check the box for "Workers leave old improvements". I think that is thru/on the BtS Options page. Or it might be under BUG. It should stop that type of worker behavior.
I did. Still ignored that function. Was the first thing that came to my mind, checking Options and means/ways to stop that from happening. No dice.

Well, nutz..... I just started a new game. :O

I finally got to the Renaissance Era, after 3 months of gameplay.... but it'll be worth the reset if v43 fixes the late game unit cycling issue, and will allow me to issue commands to all my non-combat units first rather than automatically jumping focus over to some random combatant on the opposite side of the map.
Build roads first. Blitzkrieg the Aztec/Neanderthal empire second.

I finally got to the Renaissance Era, after 3 months of gameplay.... but it'll be worth the reset if v43 fixes the late game unit cycling issue, and will allow me to issue commands to all my non-combat units first rather than automatically jumping focus over to some random combatant on the opposite side of the map.
Build roads first. Blitzkrieg the Aztec/Neanderthal empire second.
I think some unit cycling issues were addressed actually. Also, not sure whether or not this version is savegame compatible with v42. You could try it and find out. I don't recall if we broke anything enough that it couldn't be though I would suspect some oddities would ensue.

Unfortunately there is still no way to specify move order by unit type. Maybe in v44?
Being able to specify that worker/civilian units always move first by default would save a lot of wasted manual hitting of the / key, especially later in the game when I've got around 30 or so workers spread around the map. And unless you have them fully automated, it makes sense to have them do whatever they're going to do before you manage your troops because any that are close to the frontline either need to build roads for faster troop advancement, or to get the hell out of the way if the enemy is advancing into your territory.

One other interface request I'd love to see in v44.... would be a slightly tweaked build queue or addition to the new city management tab that had some indication of which items are due to be completed on your next turn, and which are going to spill over into the next. (Obviously, this maninly applies to units and cheaper buildings that take less than a single turn to build.

This could potentially be accomplished by either adding alternating text colors to separate turns on the build queue itself, or extending the output queue on the management tab to show you the next two turns in addition the last two (assuming this info can be pulled from somewhere other than the event log, which understandably doesn't contain events that haven't happened yet.)

An even better use of that blank space under Recommendations on the city management tab would be some sort of breakdown showing you your city's current production output (ex: 45 hammers) as well as all the units/buildings queued up to be built in the current turn plus any production overflow/remainder into the next turn. With a warning if you've got wasted production that isn't being spent or overflowing into anything.

For example. If I'm trying to defend a city and frantically spamming Archers, but I've got 6 hammers that spill over into the first queue item of the next turn, it might be useful to swap out that last archer in the queue that would spill over into the following cycle with a cheaper 6 hammer maceman that could be completed in the current build turn.

1674612710870.png

1674612429053.png

Last edited:
Okay... running into a very weird error (or possibly feature) I've never encountered before.
For some reason, my large stacks of troops will inexplicably move back one space from where I had them fortifying along the Korean border. This movement happens when it's not my turn, and *nearly* every time I end a turn. Note that the border itself remains completely unchanged. There's no message in the log about myself or the Koreans having an influence change. Unless there's some sort of weird math occurring when it's not my turn where the border somehow expands and contracts during the NPC turn with no visual change on my end.

This seems to mainly happen to large (or possibly the largest) stacks of units. Not sure if that's a trigger or what. Also, I was getting the one-space bounce-back for the stack of troops on the right, until I had an assassin destroy a fort where the green x used to be. Now those guys remain where I set them.

So maybe it is a really weird cultural imbalance, but I've been spamming culture buildings in the city closest to the border, and still turn after turn, at least one of my stacks set up next to the border decides to go AWOL from their post during the off-turn. So I'm assuming it's a bug, unless there's some new wonder I haven't encountered before that automatically bounces troops away from your border like a force field?
1675831612208.png

These guys are next on my invasion list after I reposition troops, so we'll see what happens once I actually declare war on them.

Top Bottom