CBP Events and Decisions Compatibility

hi

i have a little problem with E&D. after i found a city i had to dicede a event. but when i choose one, my game closed. i choosed +1 pop, 15% border grow and +bad morality (don't know ho much :D). this is my third game in raw where it happened.
which log shall i post to help?
if i have to post all lua.log, they are to large to post^^

ps: sorry for my bad english

You should upload it in mediafire, google drive, pastebin or anywhere.

Gazebo said:
You misunderstand. I'm saying that you could use the events lua to fire the effect of a decision, not the process that goes into making a decision.

G

Hmm.. I don't think so. Since the decision update dynamically based on its reward and cost and it can scale very hard. (Initiate Tax Reform's cost and reward depends on your population, Carthage's harbor decision rewards you depending on the amount of cities and such)

Hmm.. I don't think so. Since the decision update dynamically based on its reward and cost and it can scale very hard. (Initiate Tax Reform's cost and reward depends on your population, Carthage's harbor decision rewards you depending on the amount of cities and such)

The text override Lua Events that I made and Gazebo's Game Events can be used to re-create these kinds of Decisions. It'd require a lot of extra work, but it's not impossible.

...extra work...
:mischief:

I'll stick to the regular LUA because seeing from Sukritact's E&D page and my page, most CTDs come from clicking on random events and during AI's turns.

I specifically meant that they still need supporting by me (other modders can obviously decide how they feel about Decisions on their own terms). This is because I've worked closely with Sukritact over the years and would consider him, for lack of a better word, as a sort of modding friend or modding colleague. Because I've never heard nor had any stability issues relating to Decisions and they've never been as much of a hassle as Events to implement, I can't justify as easily subverting both his systems at the same time.

Perhaps in the future, when it feels less like a slight to him, I'll take Gazebo's suggestion on how to make Decisions using the CP: Events system, but I'd want to figure some way to honour Sukritact's hard work and contribution in the first place .

I gotcha, I didn't realize Decisions was a distinct entity.

Hi guys until the next release of the Community Patch, version 8 will have a lot more features and stabler components.

Morality now affects your diplomacy, good likes good, neutral likes neutral(a little bit), bad like bad. This means that the good and bad will conflict with each other!
Stabler events means less CTDs, I hope.
DLL-based events allow better turn processing since I no longer have to use LUA-based PlayerDoTurn.
More events
All cost and rewards still scales on game turns and eras only with a limit now. (It shouldn't give you 10000 culture or cost you 10000 gold)
Scrivener's Office now grants 1 instead of 3 magistrates when built(still gives you 1 magistrate per era advancement)
Upon building an embassy or conducting a diplomatic mission for Great Diplomats, acquire 1 magistrate.

I'm getting a mass of errors that I presume are the cause of my TXT_KEY errors
Code:
447343.843] columns Language, Tag are not unique
[447343.843] While executing - 'insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[447343.843] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') with  values (TXT_KEY_ENACT_DECISIONS_SUB, Magistrates: {1_Magistrates}[ICON_MAGISTRATES]  Morality: [COLOR_SELECTED_TEXT]Pragmatic[ENDCOLOR] [ICON_PEACE], ).
[447343.843] In XMLSerializer while updating table Language_en_US from file Core/Decisions/Core Decisions/CoreDecisions_EN_US.xml.
[447343.859] columns Language, Tag are not unique
[447343.984] columns Language, Tag are not unique
[447343.984] While executing - 'insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[447343.984] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') with  values (TXT_KEY_DECISIONS_SIAMEMBASSIES_DESC, We have often sent lavish gifts and embassies to the many lesser nations to show to them our might and goodwill. Let us do so again on an unprecedented scale! We shall proclaim to the world the glory of Siam, so that we might properly and permanently establish our position as the greatest empire on earth![NEWLINE]
				[NEWLINE]Requirement/Restrictions:
				[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]Player must be Siam
				[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]Player must know at least 4 City-States[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]Player must be at Peace
				[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]May only be enacted from the beginning of the Renaissance era
				[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]May not be enacted after the end of the Industrial era
				[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]May only be enacted once per game
				[NEWLINE]Costs:
				[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]{1_Gold} [ICON_GOLD] Gold
				[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]2 [ICON_MAGISTRATES] Magistrates
				[NEWLINE]Rewards:
				[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]Receive between +10 and +40 [ICON_INFLUENCE] Influence with all met City-States
				[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]The resting point for [ICON_INFLUENCE] Influence with all City-States is increased by 10, ).
[447343.984] In XMLSerializer while updating table Language_en_US from file Core/Decisions/Civ Decisions/CivDecisions_EN_US.xml.
[447344.031] columns Language, Tag are not unique
[447344.031] While executing - 'insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[447344.031] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') with  values (TXT_KEY_DECISIONS_HOLYBOOK_DESC, Books are expensive; a finely illustrated book is even more so. Regardless, as a faithful follower of {1_Religion}, you should obtain a copy.[NEWLINE], ).
[447344.031] In XMLSerializer while updating table Language_en_US from file Core/Decisions/Religious Decisions/ReligiousDecisions_EN_US.xml.

Why is CSD required?

I'm getting a mass of errors that I presume are the cause of my TXT_KEY errors
Code:
447343.843] columns Language, Tag are not unique
[447343.843] While executing - 'insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[447343.843] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') with  values (TXT_KEY_ENACT_DECISIONS_SUB, Magistrates: {1_Magistrates}[ICON_MAGISTRATES]  Morality: [COLOR_SELECTED_TEXT]Pragmatic[ENDCOLOR] [ICON_PEACE], ).
[447343.843] In XMLSerializer while updating table Language_en_US from file Core/Decisions/Core Decisions/CoreDecisions_EN_US.xml.
[447343.859] columns Language, Tag are not unique
[447343.984] While executing - 'insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[447343.984] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') with  values (TXT_KEY_DECISIONS_SIAMEMBASSIES_DESC, We have often sent lavish gifts and embassies to the many lesser nations to show to them our might and goodwill. Let us do so again on an unprecedented scale! We shall proclaim to the world the glory of Siam, so that we might properly and permanently establish our position as the greatest empire on earth![NEWLINE]
				[NEWLINE]Requirement/Restrictions:
				[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]Player must be Siam
				[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]Player must know at least 4 City-States[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]Player must be at Peace
				[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]May only be enacted from the beginning of the Renaissance era
				[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]May not be enacted after the end of the Industrial era
				[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]May only be enacted once per game
				[NEWLINE]Costs:
				[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]{1_Gold} [ICON_GOLD] Gold
				[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]2 [ICON_MAGISTRATES] Magistrates
				[NEWLINE]Rewards:
				[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]Receive between +10 and +40 [ICON_INFLUENCE] Influence with all met City-States
				[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]The resting point for [ICON_INFLUENCE] Influence with all City-States is increased by 10, ).
[447343.984] In XMLSerializer while updating table Language_en_US from file Core/Decisions/Civ Decisions/CivDecisions_EN_US.xml.
[447344.031] While executing - 'insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[447344.031] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') with  values (TXT_KEY_DECISIONS_HOLYBOOK_DESC, Books are expensive; a finely illustrated book is even more so. Regardless, as a faithful follower of {1_Religion}, you should obtain a copy.[NEWLINE], ).
[447344.031] In XMLSerializer while updating table Language_en_US from file Core/Decisions/Religious Decisions/ReligiousDecisions_EN_US.xml.

Why is CSD required?

Yeah it simply says you have a TXT_KEY in place of another which is a no-no. Check in those files they suggest. CSD is required for the purpose of combining both buildings for convenience sake and allow magistrates to be acquired by having Great Diplomats expended.

Hello there,

I have been experiencing an error with my decisions, it seems that my EN_US language file XML doesn't support your mod somehow;

Spoiler :

My database.log seems to be suggesting the same, did I miss a language patch somewhere?

Hello there,

I have been experiencing an error with my decisions, it seems that my EN_US language file XML doesn't support your mod somehow;

Spoiler :

My database.log seems to be suggesting the same, did I miss a language patch somewhere?

Something JFD and my mod aren't compatible with each other.

Yup, it's Rise to Power.

Maybe I'm skimming the RtP's file but I can't find any reference to why it would fail in the first place because this CBP E&D compatibility would block the original E&D for fear of the user having two activated for some reason :mischief:.

Rise to Power replaces the EnactDecisionsPopup and a number of base Decisions. It also replaces a number of Txt strings, so without a reference to CBP E&D, if CBP E&D loads after RtP, this will result in the TXT_KEY errors above. But the next version will block CBP: E&D. When/if I add proper support, I'll be sure to add a reference.

Sorry if this has been brought up, but what about CBP wonder audio? Are they being implemented to the main mod?

Hi, I'm playing on the new 4/5 version of CBP with the new events system turned off, and using this one. I went to found my capital on turn 1, and the event "Stir of Gov. Hate" popped up, but none of the choices were able to be chosen.

Sorry if this has been brought up, but what about CBP wonder audio? Are they being implemented to the main mod?

They've been in the World Congress Reformation mod for a while now. I don't know if Gazebo wants to, but eh it's free audio.

Hi, I'm playing on the new 4/5 version of CBP with the new events system turned off, and using this one. I went to found my capital on turn 1, and the event "Stir of Gov. Hate" popped up, but none of the choices were able to be chosen.
Repeat the same incidence, found your capital on turn 1 and post your lua.log.

Repeat the same incidence, found your capital on turn 1 and post your lua.log.

Similar scenario here. Founded a city and the Native Encounter event popped up. The options themselves are there, but clicking them do nothing, and since the event window can't be closed without choosing an option, I'm going to have to close the game and re-open it, hoping for another event when I found the city. I went into MyDocs/MyGames/Civ5/Logs/Lua.logs, but all I see is "[9666.234] Initializing Lua 5.1.4"

Similar scenario here. Founded a city and the Native Encounter event popped up. The options themselves are there, but clicking them do nothing, and since the event window can't be closed without choosing an option, I'm going to have to close the game and re-open it, hoping for another event when I found the city. I went into MyDocs/MyGames/Civ5/Logs/Lua.logs, but all I see is "[9666.234] Initializing Lua 5.1.4"

Looks like you haven't enabled logging. I suggest you do that (google it up), repeat the incident and post your log again.

Hello quick question!
Is this mod still compatible with new version of CP? if so, do I need to modify or change something to make it work.

I am not really tech-savy so if you could give me a step-by-step instruction, I would appreciate it

Thanks again,

Love your mod~!

What's happening along with the new Events feature in the CP? Will this E&D and those Events be separate, compatible features or what

Top Bottom