CCM1 (epic mod)

One request: please consider allowing "acelerated production". The game is sooooo slow without it... :(

Please do not add AP. It will kill any use of the mod. I play not a single one of the canned scenarios in C3C, because they all are AP. It distorts the game too much. You are making stuff every turn in nearly every town, you can spam out so many units and settlers that it is very hard to kept track of where you are sending them all.

It is TBS, what is the hurry, leave that to RTS and FPS.

The carriers have heavy long range bombardement (equal to about half the range of the bombing planes they did carry), modern carriers can even bombard several times a turn. :eek:

BTW, even if they are the best thing, since sliced bread, we still need to be able to disband them. Maybe we won't, maybe we should not, but should be able to disband them.

Given they have only two movement points, I am for sure not going to use them.

jlvfr I think you can take the biq and edit it to add in AP for your uses. I have not checked, but it should be allowed. You would then have CCM + AP. Civinator can problem tell us, if that is correct.

BTW, even if they are the best thing, since sliced bread, we still need to be able to disband them. Maybe we won't, maybe we should not, but should be able to disband them.

Given they have only two movement points, I am for sure not going to use them.

vmxa, I think we should have a closer look on such a carrier you want to disband. :D
Here is your carrier of the Gorshkov Class (so in the version of the next biq withanother MV point added):

This carrier has a bombardement strength of 14 with a range of 12 and a rate of fire of 2 (for example a battleship of the IOWA-class has a bombardement strength of 17, a firerate of 3 but a range of only 2). And the carrier has the blitz-flag! This means, that he can fire an additional time for each not used movement point. If the carrier in your biq doesn´t move, the carrier can fire twice. :) In the next biq it can do 3 bombing raids if it is not moving.

Now to the movement points: You can see the carrier treats all tiles as roads. This means with 2 MV points, the carrier can move 6 tiles in each terrain (with 3 MV points theoretically 9 tiles, but it should usually be 6 tiles with two bombing raids). The carrier settings use the "all terrain as roads"-setting, as with normal movement setting, that unit could do 6 bombing raids if it doesn´t move.

The unit is not disbandable, as 400 shields as an autoproduced gift is a lot for rushbuilding improvements that could lead to distortions in game.

Attachments

• Carrier.JPG
    Carrier.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 280
Then make them disband for 0 shields. I do not want the shields, I want to lower my units cost for a unit that I am not going to use. I am on a massive continent and will not be fighting at sea. An occassional sinking of a ship that comes in my coast, but they will mostly be hit by bombers.

You are telling me that it is a great unit, but I am not making a case that is not. I am only making the case that I want to get rid of it. In some other games, I may not want to get rid of it.

I am also a bit anal in that I want to also reduce the number of units in my F3 list. I still maintain that all units need to be able to either upgrade, disband or be used up (settler).

PS, the upgrade is very near the end of the tech tree and you may never even get that far.

Then make them disband for 0 shields. I do not want the shields, I want to lower my units cost for a unit that I am not going to use. I am on a massive continent and will not be fighting at sea. An occassional sinking of a ship that comes in my coast, but they will mostly be hit by bombers.

You are telling me that it is a great unit, but I am not making a case that is not. I am only making the case that I want to get rid of it. In some other games, I may not want to get rid of it.

I am also a bit anal in that I want to also reduce the number of units in my F3 list. I still maintain that all units need to be able to either upgrade, disband or be used up (settler).

Sorry for that unit this is no good idea as the AI would mostly tend to disband the zero-shield hull unit that upgrades to the different carriers. Id you don´t want or need carriers in a game, you shouldn´t build the carrier dock that produces the hull units.

Sorry for that unit this is no good idea as the AI would mostly tend to disband the zero-shield hull unit that upgrades to the different carriers. Id you don´t want or need carriers in a game, you shouldn´t build the carrier dock that produces the hull units.

Actually it is worse than I thought as the Carrier cannot be upgrade to the Gorshkov. It stays as the Carrier. You can only use a hull to get a Gorshkov. IIRC that is the case for all prior version of carriers.

None can be upgrade, only a hull can. How about making it disband for 50 shields or what ever number that will a) not be too much in your view b) won't be an issue for the AI.

Bear in mind, I do not think the number of shields is a big issue to humans. There are not going to be sweating that. The Dock is in a very solid town and is probably making enough shields.

Anyway not the end of the world either way, just irksome. :p

Somebody may have already noticed this and posted and if so sorry for bringing it up again (I only read through like 15 pages).

But I was playing as Canada and at about 1500 A.D after completing the Hagia Sophia, I was able to build the Golden Mosque. I would think this is a bug but if not please inform me.

If you don't build it, you will be looking at in the build list forever. That reminds me, what is the deal with the scout never going away? The last tech for the 3rd age could make it obsolete, just so there is one less thing I have to skip over in the queue. That way it should not be a problem for the AI. Well the AI has many problems anyway.

What if the carriers can be disbanded but not the hullls? The AI probably won't disband a good carrier unit, and it's not going to be smart enough to upgrade a hull just to get rid of it.

Civinator, perhaps you need to add a small notice to the OP, near the download link :mischief:
Spoiler Disclaimer :
YOU CANNOT UPGRADE LATER SHIPS OR USE SLAVERS TO ATTACK CITIES IN CCM

Somebody may have already noticed this and posted and if so sorry for bringing it up again (I only read through like 15 pages).

But I was playing as Canada and at about 1500 A.D after completing the Hagia Sophia, I was able to build the Golden Mosque. I would think this is a bug but if not please inform me.

Why would it be a bug? Haigia makes a Christian and Islamic community in all the towns. The Small Wonder the Golden Mosque is Islamic. That means all your towns are both types, does it not?

The only prereq is an Islamic Community and you got one from the Hagia.

I can't build the Internet. No corrupt shields as the box is empty. A quick look at the editor did not reveal it in the list. I may have missed it though. Pedia does not mention any requirements, other than having learned Robotics. I can upgrade to Radar Artillery.

Edit: A few turns later some towns could make the Internet. I still could not in the capitol, again no tainted shields. I could not see any criteria in the Pedia.

Edit 2: I think the ones that can are coastal. The cap is not.

As vmxa posted, that is intended. It is the sense of these "crossover" religious buildings to get access to another religion so that the buildings of that religion now can been built, too.

I can't build the Internet. No corrupt shields as the box is empty. A quick look at the editor did not reveal it in the list. I may have missed it though. Pedia does not mention any requirements, other than having learned Robotics. I can upgrade to Radar Artillery.

Edit: A few turns later some towns could make the Internet. I still could not in the capitol, again no tainted shields. I could not see any criteria in the Pedia.

Edit 2: I think the ones that can are coastal. The cap is not.

Only coastal cities been enabled to build the internet is an error that is fixed now. Thank you for the report. :)

Civinator, perhaps you need to add a small notice to the OP, near the download link :mischief:
Spoiler Disclaimer :
YOU CANNOT UPGRADE LATER SHIPS OR USE SLAVERS TO ATTACK CITIES IN CCM

Both messages wouldn´t be true. :) Enslavers of the human player can attack cities, but first war must be declared to the civ that holds that city and in the next biq a lot of modern ships can upgrade.

I want to suggest that Airports or in fact any automatically built structure should not cause unhappiness. The reason is I cannot get rid of the free airport. It is either take the hit or not build the wonder.

You surely do not want to not build it and give a free airport to someone else. I am not sure any wonder should give a free structure of that magnitude anyway. They are about 160 shields. Maybe a free in that town and toss in some other bonus.

The free airport is also quite a boost on a massive map, where workers are not common. I can fly over defenders on a just captured town.

Top Bottom