CCM1 (epic mod)

Civinator,

The Austrians in World War I had one of the worst armies of the major powers. How bad? The Russians walked all over them. They only stopped the Italians in 1915 due to a combination of rugged mountains, and bad Italian generals.

:yup:

I din´t say, the Austrian Infantry has better stats as the WW1 infantry units of those civs. But CCM has 31 civs. Please click to the techtree in the Nationalism tech-box and compare the stats of the different units there.

BTW, I'm rather fond of the Ranger from Balancer Reloaded. Any way you could adapt it to CCM?

What are the stats and special options of that unit?

What are the stats and special options of that unit? [The Balancer Reloaded Ranger if the reader is wondering (mythusmage)

The important ones in this case are; one movement point, and treat all squares as road. Which means it doesn't benefit from roads in the square.

The defense of one also helps, but not as often as you would think.

The scout in CCM with the special movement rules in different terrain has a nearly similar movement. If that unit would have a defense of one, the balance of the early units of CCM would be endangered. So such a unit will not appear in CCM (at least not in the next biqs) But nevertheless thank you very much for the suggestion. :)

This is a really cool mod! I have been waiting for this for so long and am really excited to finally play it! I'll write more later, but just a fun thing i wanted to share: I'm playing as Germany and I just built the "Holy Book Printed" in 1515. Perfect timing! haha.

This is a really cool mod! I have been waiting for this for so long and am really excited to finally play it! I'll write more later, but just a fun thing i wanted to share: I'm playing as Germany and I just built the "Holy Book Printed" in 1515. Perfect timing! haha.

The timescale of CCM and the progress in real history at least until the second third of the second era is sometimes really astonishing.:)

I am greatly enjoying the scenario thus far. While I suppose it can be a matter of preference, isn't it actually the East India Trading Company (India, not Indian as it is in-game)?

Regardless, I have really enjoyed everything I've encountered thus far (though those hidden nationality units are really nuisance, though I'm sure that was intended ;)). Very well done Civinator!

Starting to download now. One question: what's the diference between the "CCM biq" and the "CCM-Debug biq"?

I would guess that the one run with debug on and the other does not. Debug will be like knowing the whole map, so you will see all movement (based on preferences).

While I suppose it can be a matter of preference, isn't it actually the East India Trading Company (India, not Indian as it is in-game)?
Germans would probably call it 'Ost Indischen Kompagnie' or something, the English 'East India Company'. Civinator is German, so will be tended to put an 'n' in. Is it a mistake? Well, in the time frame of this East India Company there was hardly any standard spelling, there is now, and this game has been presented in English, so okay, maybe a mistake, but it's nothing.
I play Heroes of Might and Magic more at the moment, and for that game exist a lot of maps made by Russian of Polish fans. Sometimes they're in their own language, sometimes they're in broken English. Non-English speakers will immediately admit that their English is not perfect. I'm always very grateful that these people make an effort to make their work accessible by using a more universal language. A spelling mistake is very easy to accept.

Portuguese Training Chariots don't upgrade or move, can't be fortified or deleted. My space bar may die soon. :cry:

you can fortify the whole stack, that helps...and they will upgrade once you have horses within your borders

Germans would probably call it 'Ost Indischen Kompagnie' or something, the English 'East India Company'. Civinator is German, so will be tended to put an 'n' in. Is it a mistake? Well, in the time frame of this East India Company there was hardly any standard spelling, there is now, and this game has been presented in English, so okay, maybe a mistake, but it's nothing.
I play Heroes of Might and Magic more at the moment, and for that game exist a lot of maps made by Russian of Polish fans. Sometimes they're in their own language, sometimes they're in broken English. Non-English speakers will immediately admit that their English is not perfect. I'm always very grateful that these people make an effort to make their work accessible by using a more universal language. A spelling mistake is very easy to accept.

I think you made a bigger deal out of it than I did.

Upgrading of Chariots:

As written in an earlier post, the upgrading of trainingschariots to normal chariots needing horses will be fixed with the next version of the CCM-biq. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8869578&postcount=19

The problem of needing horses for upgrading to chariots only matters for 12 (of 31) civs: Italy/Rome, Greece, US, Aztecs, Nubia, Canada, Spain, Austria-Hungary, Carthage, Portugal, Inca, Maya. All other civs have different chariot units to upgrade to, that don´t need horses.

In earlier versions of the CCM-biq all chariot units and the SW Royal stables needed horses as perequisite. This perequisite was removed to make it a tougher decision not to research The "Wheel-Tech" very early. For the normal chariot unit used by the civs listed above, I simply forgot to remove the horse perequisite.

The East India Company:

Thank you for reporting the spelling error. :) The name will be changed to the correct term in the next version of the biq, too. This is an English mod and should use the correct terms of that language.

I too am enjoying this mod. Here is an actual in game crash though. PediaIcon for Mayan Temple Of Blood

Attachments

• CCM_TOB_Crash_Small2.bmp
    492.2 KB · Views: 279
Upgrading of Chariots:

As written in an earlier post, the upgrading of trainingschariots to normal chariots needing horses will be fixed with the next version of the CCM-biq. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8869578&postcount=19

The problem of needing horses for upgrading to chariots only matters for 12 (of 31) civs: Italy/Rome, Greece, US, Aztecs, Nubia, Canada, Spain, Austria-Hungary, Carthage, Portugal, Inca, Maya. All other civs have different chariot units to upgrade to, that don´t need horses.

In earlier versions of the CCM-biq all chariot units and the SW Royal stables needed horses as perequisite. This perequisite was removed to make it a tougher decision not to research The "Wheel-Tech" very early. For the normal chariot unit used by the civs listed above, I simply forgot to remove the horse perequisite.

Missed that earlier. Personally, I actually like the horse prerequisite. You only get immobile, horseless training chariots until you get the horses. Very cool idea. I just couldn't fortify or kill them for production, just keep hitting the space bar for every chariot in every turn, which at one point I had 20+ per turn. I would say keep the horse prereq, but give the player the chance to kill or fortify the training chariot :)

One more spelling error: "Merchand" citizen should be "Merchant"

Thank you very much for reporting this. :) It will be fixed soon.

I too am enjoying this mod. Here is an actual in game crash though. PediaIcon for Mayan Temple Of Blood

Thank you, too for this report. :) The splash exists in the mainfile. I changed the name of that building from “Temple of the Blood” to “Temple of Blood” as I was told that this sounds better to English ears :). But I forgot to change the wondersplash entry in the pediaicons.txt file. Here the entry must be changed from

# Won_Splash_BLDG_Temple_of_the_Blood

to

# Won_Splash_BLDG_Temple_of_Blood

If you do this, you should be able to continue your game without problems.
This entry will be fixed (together with some other fixes) by me soon.

Very cool idea. I just couldn't fortify or kill them for production, just keep hitting the space bar for every chariot in every turn, which at one point I had 20+ per turn. I would say keep the horse prereq, but give the player the chance to kill or fortify the training chariot :)

Thank you, but this was a mistake I made, not a cool idea. It will be fixed by removing the horse perequisite from the chariots. The reason for giving the player an attractive unit with the tech “The Wheel” is to make that tech more attractive for an early research. Otherwise most testers did focus in the research of the “downer” part of the techtree. I want to make the decision for the player, what techs to research early, more tougher. Therefore in my eyes the player must have a guaranted chance of receiving the chariot units if he decides to research that tech. But thank you very much for the suggestion.

Attachments

• Temple of Blood.JPG
    Temple of Blood.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,766
I am very surprised about the mass of positive reactions CCM has received in such a short time, so it is only beta. :) Thank you all very much for your interest and your help. :) It is astonishing, how much life still is in Civ 3. :)

Here are some links to CCM threads in different forums:

Other CCM-Betatesting threads:

Germany: http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?t=65722
France: http://www.civfr.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20409

CCM-Introduction Stories:

English by TheRat: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=352555
German by kleinerHeldt: http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?t=65670

Top Bottom