CD not found error - (Read this for problems with CD drive after patching)

Azash said:
Hope this isn't public discussion.. But it's slightly off-topic, I guess.

Do you mean editing out them of quotes, or editing them out from posts where you used them?

(Asked in public mostly so others would know as well.)
Either using them yourself, or editing them out from one of your posts after a moderator has added them.

Only one and that can't be change in position:lol: :nuke:

Still waiting for the patch

If that patch would come any slower I would probably just send my hardrive to Atari so they could put the patch in.

Keep in mind some people never get one. It's up to Atari who gets one and who doesn't. I haven't heard of too many people getting one. Yeah, it's happened, but rarely.

Aabraxan said:
Still no response whatsoever from Atari . . .

Whoisme, how long have you been waiting?

3 months before joining this website

I thought I had 30 post?

Atari sucks then. and to think that they want to help

Will there ever be an end to my problem

hey it works and all you are really doing is replacing the part the patch does not cover I did it and it works fine

Sorry didn't mean to make a scene. How about - am I allowed to offer myself as a contact for those needing to troubleshoot this problem?

well did atari give thunderfall the patches and why can't he change it to the no cd patch

Moderator Action: I'm going to say this one last time, and the next person who talks about NoCD patches, or how to crack the game, is going to get an all expense paid trip to banville.

We do not allow piracy discussion. This includes how to crack the game, where to get instructions to crack the game, or where to get NoCD patches from. Discussions on how to remove the copy protection are not allowed. Anyone found in violation of this rule will be banned.

And a reminder:
Forum Rules said:
Zero tolerance on piracy.
Posting links to warez sites and program cracks (including no-CD crack) are not allowed on the forum. Anyone found guilty of participating in piracy activity on the forum will be punished.

Whoisme - Warned, advocating piracy and public discussion of moderator actions. This is your last warning.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I just installed Civ III complete (US version purchased at Wal-Mart) and am getting the "original disc could not be found or authenticated" error every time I try to run the game.

I called tech support (and they said to copy the cd into a folder on the C drive and install the game in "safe mode" from the hard drive but it didn't help.

Has anyone solved this problem yet?

Please advise.

akd835

akd835 said:
I just installed Civ III complete (US version purchased at Wal-Mart) and am getting the "original disc could not be found or authenticated" error every time I try to run the game.

I called tech support (and they said to copy the cd into a folder on the C drive and install the game in "safe mode" from the hard drive but it didn't help.

Has anyone solved this problem yet?

Please advise.

akd835

I got the same instructions from someone at K2 in the UK and likewise it didn't work. I'm not sure what problem they are trying to fix with that, but it doesn't work for this issue.

akd835,
It sounds like your problem similar to the problem I had. I have two CD drives and if I put the game disk in the second one, it works like a charm. The second one is neither the drive that I installed from, nor is it the one the one that I would normally put a game diskl in. I realize that this may or may not do you any good, but I thought I'd offer it up in case it might help. Good luck.

Top Bottom