Certain AI leaders more likely to appear?

Cromagnus

Deity
I know this is probably just my imagination, but I feel like there are certain leaders that are way more likely to appear than others.

For Continents, this makes sense... there seems to be a bias towards AIs with a naval UA/UU/coastal bias.

For Pangaea, it seems like there's a bias towards leaders introduced in BNW. Same with Natural Wonders.

Maybe it's just my imagination. Who consistently appears in your games?

Sulaiman, Catherine, Elizabeth, August Caesar seems to want to play with me often.

Who consistently appears in your games?

In all my games since BNW:

Casimir was in all
Alex is in nearly all
Maria Theresa, Hiawatha, Indonesia, Montezuma, Oda and Suleiman are there often.

I play Venice on continents, continents plus, small continents and previously on Archipelago, all huge maps with 14-16 Civs.

I have yet to see Shaka appear in any of my semi-random Civ 5 games (I pick the map type, not the Civs on it). I think I picked him once in a rare game I chose the leaders for but it was a long, long time ago.

I get Shaka a lot on Pangaea. Casimir too. Shoshone and Assyria not as much, but more than I would think is completely random. None of the new leaders show up on Continents very much for me though. It's mostly the Dutch, the English, Denmark, Polynesia, etc. etc... all the sea-faring civs.

Suleiman shows up a lot for me in every map type.

I get Shaka a lot on Pangaea. Casimir too. Shoshone and Assyria not as much, but more than I would think is completely random. None of the new leaders show up on Continents very much for me though. It's mostly the Dutch, the English, Denmark, Polynesia, etc. etc... all the sea-faring civs.

Suleiman shows up a lot for me in every map type.

Shoshone I have fairly often on Small Continents. Among the rarer ones in my games: China, France, Incas, Ethiopia, Sweden, Arabia, Morroco.

England I get some, and Russia and Spain, but not as often as the previously named ones. Oh, Siam isn't infrequent either.

I forgot to mention Bismarck and Maria 1 as two other staples of my games.

I sure find it uncanny that in Venice games I get Austria and Greece and the Mongols so much, and often Siam as well, and Germany since the patch. All CS-related civs. I've wondered too if it's truly 100% random or if there aren't hidden factors taken into account (map type, played Civ, difficulty level).

Casimir seems to be present on nearly all types, it seems. Interesting, since in my games he's often the runaway as well, and I've seen at least 3 very different Poland strategies in play so far (in my current game I've just seen him fail spectacularly at his "wide one" that usually end swith heavy warmongering then going for a SV - and he's crippled).

Oh... I've never had Assyria in any game. It's always Monty-Mongols-Attila-Oda as my warmongers.

Until recently, I usually have Shaka and Alexander in my games. Too bad they're often away from each other (I wanna see Shaka steamroll Alexander). Right now though, Casimir and Hiawatha are replacing either or both of them.

Could be imagination because I always get Ethiopia every time, no matter how many games, but I notice no one else in this thread gets him. I`ll bet in my new game, Ethiopia will appear again.

Probably total coincidence.

I have NEVER seen Wu Zetian, Harald and Sejong in my games. America, Morocco and Greece always see to show up. I never choose what civs are in game, unless its my first game with a Expansion, where I put all new civs.

Asakia, Siam, Arabia in every Pangea game, standard or large, does not matter whom I am.

If not asakia, then Indonesia. There is no randomness to the seeding.

I haven't had a game with korea yet. Just don't seem to get him ever, in 100+ games. But I almost always get France, Japan, Rome and Egypt. Guaranteed I get 2 of those 4 in my games. Have had Japan and France in my last 6 games so far.. i'm getting tired of them.

haven't seen civs like korea and inca forever yet I have Ethiopia, morocco, and Zulu every single game.

I think I've seen Shaka in something like four of the last five games I roll up. I've been trying to play a Sweden game after figuring out how awesome their abilities actually are, but I feel like there's a second Warmonger bias for ol Gustavus. I had Shaka land near me four times out of five. The fifth time was Ghengis Khan. Very aggravating.

I find it interesting that whenever i read one of these "i only get these random civs" posts the civs people get often do not overlap. For example someone stated that they NEVER see china but frequently greece. I have the opposite experience China has been in every notable game ive played in recent memory and i never go more than one game without running into them. greece on the other hand has become a rare sight for me. What could account for these differences? Do certain randoms prefer certain maps? Obviously stuff like polynesia and islands or morocco and sandstorm are no brainers but I do love consistently playing water maps (small continents, tiny islands, large islands, or archipelago) and tend to see the same people frequenting them while many of the people seeing other civs all the time are on Pangaea or some other continents map.

I felt like I was getting Bismark in every game for ages. Turned out I still had him selected as an AI since a time I chose him for an achievement... :rolleyes:

I get Monty as my neighbour quite a lot - who says the AI is dumb?!

I know this is probably just my imagination, but I feel like there are certain leaders that are way more likely to appear than others.

For Continents, this makes sense... there seems to be a bias towards AIs with a naval UA/UU/coastal bias.

For Pangaea, it seems like there's a bias towards leaders introduced in BNW. Same with Natural Wonders.

Maybe it's just my imagination. Who consistently appears in your games?

I already made exact same thread, and we talked in details about it. :lol:

my lucks is: England - always. Not a single game can pass without England. :rolleyes: or Assyria, but I don't mind him, we're usually good friends.

Polynesia - he seems to have a traveling agent for appearing in my games. So I turn of his DLC sometimes, when I want to play a game without :mad: Polynesia. :rolleyes:

Monthy\Shaka\Attila\Khan - they seem to be in either every game, or every second game. At least one of them will pop up in every game. Maybe game does this on purpose while choosing random leaders, you know, if there are 5 "peaceful" civ, it will drop one warmonger to spice things up.

and of course, I can't forget about little annoying sister Isabella. :lol: EVERY SINGLE TIME. :rolleyes: Does nothing but annoy everyone. Then gets wiped out right after everyone stomps England. :lol:

In all my games since BNW:

Casimir was in all
Alex is in nearly all
Maria Theresa, Hiawatha, Indonesia, Montezuma, Oda and Suleiman are there often.

This is actually very close to my own experience. Casimir has been in almost all of my BNW games, Alex, Gajah Mada and Maria Theresa have also come up a lot. Hiawatha a few times. I haven't seen Monty at all in BNW but have had the other two a couple of times. Washington also seems to be in most of mine.

I have wondered if BNW has a natural bias that makes it more likely to pick BNW leaders than not. I don't think I've had a single game (I usually play Large, 10 Civs) where I haven't had at least 2 BNW AI opponents. By contrast I seem to see less of the G&K and vanilla AIs - I haven't seen Montezuma or Napoleon at all.

I have yet to see Shaka appear in any of my semi-random Civ 5 games (I pick the map type, not the Civs on it). I think I picked him once in a rare game I chose the leaders for but it was a long, long time ago.

Again, same here - my first game was me as France vs. all the BNW AIs, and apart from that and one random Civs game which I quickly abandoned (not because of Shaka!) I haven't seen him at all.

Our brain is a piece of crap. It's 100% random.

I seem to recall from somewhere that computers can't actually generate random numbers, so the RNG code follows a really long sequence - if that were so one could argue that it's 100% programmed! :)

(I knew it, Damn that Alex...)

Top Bottom