CFC = Christmas Fanatics Forum?

SanPellegrino

Wanderer
I am wondering, it is still November and I see christmas stuff everywhere. I don't wonder about the decoration of the shops, it is just because they want to sell their stuff. but what about all you here with your christmas avatars? there are more than 4 weeks left! is this xmas something special or are you all just very sentimental? :)

Very sentimental.

And I resent being compared to shops, they put their stuff up after Halloween. :)

Originally posted by SanPellegrino
I am wondering, it is still November and I see christmas stuff everywhere. I don't wonder about the decoration of the shops, it is just because they want to sell their stuff. but what about all you here with your christmas avatars? there are more than 4 weeks left! is this xmas something special or are you all just very sentimental? :)

You mean 6 weeks, not 4.. ;)

Christmas sucks. If you're a pagan, celebrate the midwinter feast instead (or Sinterklaas if you're Dutch ;))

Originally posted by The Person
Let them have their fun. Do like me; don't care.

but I slowly get the desire to work every red hat with my xmas axe...

Originally posted by Alone

You mean 6 weeks, not 4.. ;)

Ortodox Churches celebrate by Julian not Gregorian "time" so it'll be at January 7th, so it's realy early:D

btw SanPellegrino if your attention with axe is serious, better start already 'cous in that case you've got lot of job to do, considered I saw so many RedHats around this site:lol:

Even though I hate all the places that have xmas stuff out so early, the season officially starts for me on friday... so I'm not too early.

It does seem like the Christmas avatars have come early this year. I'm trying to resist adding something Scroogish to mine.

It's Advent Sunday this weekend, that's usually when we put up the first decorations... Still, I agree it's a bit early, but after having gotten a new avatar I couldn't resist changing it.:)

Originally posted by Plexus
Very sentimental.

And I resent being compared to shops, they put their stuff up after Halloween. :)

I was hardly aware of a Halloween/Fireworks Night around here. Only the random bangs and pops of fireworks reminded me that it was not yet Christmas, despite what I was seeing in town.

To the credit of the shops here, though, they did put their Christmas merchandise up only a week before Halloween, not the usual month :rolleyes:

My excuse is that I will be going home in a week and a half but we will be having some Christmas celebrations here as well before everyone goes home. :)

The reason why I already have it, is because it is the closest holiday. :santa:

I'd use Bourgeois Buffoon. He's a snowman, Christmasy enough.

Still feel sorry for the pilgrims who get screwed out of marketing cheap products and decorations though. :p

Originally posted by Alone

Ortodox Churches celebrate by Julian not Gregorian "time" so it'll be at January 7th, so it's realy early:D

btw SanPellegrino if your attention with axe is serious, better start already 'cous in that case you've got lot of job to do, considered I saw so many RedHats around this site:lol:

I know, my gf is serbian, I guess you are too reading your sig. so you will have the xmas fun much longer :vomit: ;)

for the axe, guess you are right, but don't be surprised if you hear of a high Santa Claus mortality rate in Central Europe.

for the record: I am no christmas hater, but 1 week of jingling would be enough for me.

My excuse is that I will not have time to modify mine into an Xmas avatar if I dont do it now.

You certainly have good points, all of you who are fed up on the whole Xmas in Semptember tendency.

I used to work for, and I still am employed during the holiday-seasons, for the largest book-store chain in Norway. Well - I guess many words can be used to describe large store chains - but they certainly know how to squeeze the most out of one's pockets.

On the other hand - Xmas is still celebrated on the wrong time of the year IIRC - as Jesus (the historical person at least) was not born on the 24/25, so I guess preparing now still is worse than waiting a few days till December before doing it. :hmm: We're all way off ...

Also - Thunderfall has an Xmas battleship :p
(wow - that's a good reason for everyone else to have one, if I ever saw one :rolleyes: )

I was about to add a christmas hat to what to one certain fanatic seemed like a toilet handle :lol: (no names)... My computer crashed, then I thought at it one second time, and decided only on a change of hue. Like a sign, my computer suddenly started running faster ;)

I'm going to change mine after Thanksgiving. Even now is a little too early.

Top Bottom