Changes for v1.06

Does 25% Tax for One Monarch or Free Election?
Can be return to 0%

25% represents that all of the colonial powers were fairly mercentile, and would put up tariffs to protect their own industries, and balance of trade im guessing.

The AI colonies hardly have any money anyway it seems, personally i dont think i have ever sold them goods, the native americans yes you can sell goods, but you gotta produce all of the main goods for optimimum prices, and they run out of money quick, and it requires lots of micromanagement, and ship sailing turns.

I've added the ability to set cargo change by profession on request from Zuul.

The pic shows a demonstration using pioneer with a cargo change of 1, and the pioneer carrying guns. :)

EDIT:
And no, I haven't permanently changed pioneer, only set it up for this demonstration of the new ability. ;)

25% represents that all of the colonial powers were fairly mercentile, and would put up tariffs to protect their own industries, and balance of trade im guessing.

The AI colonies hardly have any money anyway it seems, personally i dont think i have ever sold them goods, the native americans yes you can sell goods, but you gotta produce all of the main goods for optimimum prices, and they run out of money quick, and it requires lots of micromanagement, and ship sailing turns.

Yes, the 25% represents harbor fees, tariffs, bribes, etc etc. Plus, you would still face a mercantile tax when trading with someone else.

Remember, taxes are not used when trading outside of Europe. :)

- Added ability to define a building as single instance (only one allowed for nation) (for Zuul)
- Added ability to define obsoleting building classes (for Zuul)

- Added Regenerate Map button to main menu popup for first turn of the game (like Civ4)

Okay, I'm locking v1.06 at the changes listed in the first post. Now some testing, and we're ready for release to you guys. :)

In the meantime, please post ideas for 1.07 HERE!

No. There's a reason for FoW. :)

Though if you wanted you could use the cheat key. CTRL-Z ;)

To make you explore the map.

When can I download 1.06?

Two late bug fixes (thanks Ashley for pointing them out via PM):

- Ships can now "Speak to Chief"
- Must "Speak to Chief" before being able to trade with natives

When can I download 1.06?

I want it to go through some heavy tests first. There is a LOT of changes in this one. Probably mid-Jan. :)

PS: Also note that my wife will give birth in the next 48 hours (she's being induced Tuesday if she doesn't go before then) so for the next week or two I'll be quiet. That's why I've got a couple of testers running this through the mill.

Two late bug fixes (thanks Ashley for pointing them out via PM):

- Ships can now "Speak to Chief"
- Must "Speak to Chief" before being able to trade with natives

Doh! :eek:

Well didn't you find it stupid you could trade with the natives before speaking to their Chief? :lol:

I want it to go through some heavy tests first. There is a LOT of changes in this one. Probably mid-Jan. :)

PS: Also note that my wife will give birth in the next 48 hours (she's being induced Tuesday if she doesn't go before then) so for the next week or two I'll be quiet. That's why I've got a couple of testers running this through the mill.

I'd be happy to test for you. << >>

Well didn't you find it stupid you could trade with the natives before speaking to their Chief? :lol:

:lol:

Remember in the original col, the natives would only give you half price for goods you brought on a ship? That was... weird. I'm glad that's gone.

congrats Dale, isn't this like your 6th?

looking forward to 1.06. ANy chance you can change how sugar and tobaco are handled? they shouldn't be natural to the terrain, you should have to build plantation improvements inorder to grow them.

Top Bottom